Jump to content
Lofarl

SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Recommended Posts

On 23/09/2019 at 11:41, Shandon Par said:

My daughter took this pic the other day. She’s like Dr Doolittle. The cat and dog always want to crash out in her room.

98EA6532-603E-48B2-9586-7E33B12E4D57.jpeg

Still off his face on pain killers by looks of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2019 at 14:59, Rizzo said:

Has anyone else done DNA tests on their cross breed dog? We've done them for both of ours and just got Skye's back today. We knew there was lab and husky in the mix somewhere as she displays traits from both but the rest is a surprise. Jake's came back as 25% mix of rough and border collie along with australian shepherd, labrador JRT and misc terrier breeds. 

Funny how our two look almost like they could be siblings but they actually have very little in common.

Screenshot_20190920-124345_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180809-064959.png

20181006_131921(0).jpg

Your dogs are cute. Here's mine. That's quite an interesting idea, now I'm thinking to do a DNA test for my Oscar. I doubt that he's purebred, took him from a shelter, though I would still love him. I'm just concerned about his health and heard a lot that big breeds like retrievers suffer from arthritis and joint pain. Just wanted to ask if anybody knows about joint supplements for dogs? Could you check this page and tell me your thoughts? My dog is 5 years old and isn't very active.

 

69783569_257511711874154_7009595115271601055_n.jpg

70764603_125964865452827_1720613044750978891_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JollyJoddy said:

now I'm thinking to do a DNA test for my Oscar. 

I think you're overestimating how important your role is in all of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JollyJoddy said:

Just wanted to ask if anybody knows about joint supplements for dogs? Could you check this page and tell me your thoughts? My dog is 5 years old and isn't very active.

I make bone broth for our two. Just bung a load of bones in the slow cooker with some added apple cider vinegar to draw out the nutrients and leave for 24-48 hours to stew. Drain the liquid, stick it in the fridge to cool and feed the resulting jelly. We also feed raw duck and chicken feet which contain glucosamine and chondroitine which is what the supplements have in them. Feeding bone broth and stuff gives them the same nutrients but in a more natural and easy to absorb way.

I'm not a huge fan of highly processed supplements so couldn't really say which ones are good. We also feed raw oily fish and eggs but our two dogs are fed entirely on raw meat.

The current bone broth we have on the go was made with lamb bones but pigs trotters work really well.

20190925_163419.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dele has just posted Par’s Mrs’ twitter. f**k!
There’s no way that’s Rents...muffy would have kicked his c**t for all that fucking about. “Stop running about like a wee fud!” ‘SKELP’ the scene would have ended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2019 at 21:16, Rizzo said:

I make bone broth for our two. Just bung a load of bones in the slow cooker with some added apple cider vinegar to draw out the nutrients and leave for 24-48 hours to stew. Drain the liquid, stick it in the fridge to cool and feed the resulting jelly. We also feed raw duck and chicken feet which contain glucosamine and chondroitine which is what the supplements have in them. Feeding bone broth and stuff gives them the same nutrients but in a more natural and easy to absorb way.

I'm not a huge fan of highly processed supplements so couldn't really say which ones are good. We also feed raw oily fish and eggs but our two dogs are fed entirely on raw meat.

The current bone broth we have on the go was made with lamb bones but pigs trotters work really well.

20190925_163419.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a very sad boy this morning. Was fine on his walk last night but heard him stumbling around at 3am this morning. Turned on the lights and found he has a swollen elbow and is limping really badly. Off to the vets at 10.:(

20190928_085240.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jake's swollen elbow has turned out to be a mast cell tumor. Hoping that with the help of steroids and palladia we'll maybe get a happy month or two before it's time to say goodbye.

20190516_162314.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Jake's swollen elbow has turned out to be a mast cell tumor. Hoping that with the help of steroids and palladia we'll maybe get a happy month or two before it's time to say goodbye.

20190516_162314.jpg

Dreadful news! :(

Hope you can have lots of good times together over the next few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Jake's swollen elbow has turned out to be a mast cell tumor. Hoping that with the help of steroids and palladia we'll maybe get a happy month or two before it's time to say goodbye.

20190516_162314.jpg

Such a shame. Looks like he has been a brilliant companion. Renton sends his best wishes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...