Lofarl

SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Cheers for the tip. Im at sports direct every month buying tennis balls. 

Tennis clubs generally punt old tennis balls on eBay.

If you’re in Edinburgh then the café by the playground at the east end of the meadows will let you have three for a pound

1c5547a4-b096-4115-9e4f-a412b792dfbb.jpg
Isla chilling out after getting dressed the other day. Arlo has had to go to the in laws for a few days. He’s not too impressed by that.

And as soon as you get up for a pish or a cup of tea, they're in your spot. DSC_0211.thumb.JPG.c1634a09e5367c5243211cd4b6978745.JPG

A sunny Glasgow Fair Monday when I’m off and the rest of the house is at work means swimming in the sea at Tentsmuir.

IMG_1563204056.208517.jpg
IMG_1563204164.754879.jpg
IMG_1563204193.054603.jpg

Took Rosie the dog and Belle for a trip up the west coast yesterday. Big fans of Achmelvich beach

IMG_9924.jpg

IMG_9934.jpg

My dug "Harris" enjoying the waters at West Beach, Berneray

logo 1600 x 1200 (1 of 1)-48.jpg

Hoor-dug on the ferry to Mull. Earlier on she sat by the bags in the hallway to make sure we didn't go off on holiday without her.

20190720_181524.jpg

20190720_134409.jpg

Poor dog has managed to get a tiny wee tick right next to his eye.

Got advice from girlfriends dad whos owned dogs for 40+ years, and he reckons its too small to be harmful, and that our best bet, due to where it is, is to leave it alone for a day or two and take it to the vets if the dog starts showing any unusual behaviour.

Not really sure why I'm posting this, tbh.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Got advice from girlfriends dad whos owned dogs for 40+ years, and he reckons its too small to be harmful, and that our best bet, due to where it is, is to leave it alone for a day or two and take it to the vets if the dog starts showing any unusual behaviour.

Yup best thing, it’ll take it’s fill of blood and fall off.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well our last dog would pick up ticks and due to him having his head in everything they were usually around his head area, we were always told by vet and other people to get them off as soon as you notice them.  They obviously start off small then get much bigger as they keep feeding.  But the ones we found on the dog were generally a decent size by the time we found them so it was easier to get the tweezers on them and pull them out (well so the wife told me as I hated trying to pull them,   I was chief dog holder and I did a top job at that I was told.) 

6 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Yup best thing, it’ll take it’s fill of blood and fall off.

5 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Well our last dog would pick up ticks and due to him having his head in everything they were usually around his head area, we were always told by vet and other people to get them off as soon as you notice them.  They obviously start off small then get much bigger as they keep feeding.  But the ones we found on the dog were generally a decent size by the time we found them so it was easier to get the tweezers on them and pull them out (well so the wife told me as I hated trying to pull them,   I was chief dog holder and I did a top job at that I was told.) 

Contrasting advice 😂 I'm off work all week so will keep an eye on it, if it gets bigger or he starts acting weird I'll take a trip to the vet 

On 13/02/2019 at 19:16, Pie Of The Month said:

Got Arlo today.  :wub: He's 7 months old and his previous owner took ill so couldn't look after him anymore.

DzTMCsrX4AEvjsn.jpg

That's Arlo been with us 5 months now and today is his first birthday.

tQRxF8p.jpg

20190721_202541.thumb.jpg.a8e54c15489f79ec1d18b598d7829788.jpg

There was a CGI tiger on the screen, so hes sprinted across the room to sit and stare at the TV 😂 not sure what his plan is

Jesus Christ, Random. Get they cables tidied up/hidden, man! 

25 minutes ago, Dele said:

Jesus Christ, Random. Get they cables tidied up/hidden, man! 

They were tidied, then I had to fit a Firestick to the back of the TV, the whole situation turned to shite due to the rickety DVD cabinet next to the TV and everything was launched 😂

Dog doesn't nibble on them at all tbf, prefers the wooden steps I've got at my back door.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Contrasting advice 😂 I'm off work all week so will keep an eye on it, if it gets bigger or he starts acting weird I'll take a trip to the vet 

We were also advised to get them off as quickly as possible. I have a few if these scattered around the house to make pulling them a bit easier.

https://www.vetuk.co.uk/flea-products-flea-treatments-tick-removers-c-3_821/o-tom-tick-twister-pair-of-hooks-p-2262

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

We were also advised to get them off as quickly as possible. I have a few if these scattered around the house to make pulling them a bit easier.

https://www.vetuk.co.uk/flea-products-flea-treatments-tick-removers-c-3_821/o-tom-tick-twister-pair-of-hooks-p-2262

I'm definitely not doing it myself, it's right under his eye, maybe a couple of millimetres. 

Vet is right next to the missus' work, so I'm popping in this morning to see what they say about it, first time we've had this with him so better to be safe.

Renton on holiday with us. Been road testing the furniture and decided this is his bed for the week:

35B65AB1-8A96-420C-9575-C4108BFA4BBC.jpeg