SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

3 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:
17 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Do you do this full time and get a decent living out of it?

Also, how would you go about setting up as a dog walker? It's something I've always quite fancied doing.

PM me if you want to ask, I've just gone thru it in the last 6 weeks.

Also, how would you go about setting up as a dog walker? It's something I've always quite fancied doing.
I'm not that clued up on that side of things the folk i co run the company with handle that side of the business.
Feel free to pm me with any queries regarding the daily practicalities and anything related to behaviour or dog psychology.

7 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Feel free to pm me with any queries regarding the daily practicalities and anything related to behaviour or dog psychology.

How do I make my dog look somewhat happy in photos please?

How do I make my dog look somewhat happy in photos please?

Its funny some of my pack never look happy even when they're clearly having fun, treats usually do the trick, like this big boy, he's called Spaghetti i was initially a bit embarrassed calling his name in the park IMG_20190417_124545.thumb.jpg.782c8daf1fbf730c2b41b035099e962c.jpg

IMG_20190411_122008_012.thumb.jpg.dda501ace996674df7d5d7e8b0c4ef90.jpg

He will do anything for a treat

7 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Its funny some of my pack never look happy even when they're clearly having fun, treats usually do the trick, like this big boy, he's called Spaghetti i was initially a bit embarrassed calling his name in the park IMG_20190417_124545.thumb.jpg.782c8daf1fbf730c2b41b035099e962c.jpg

IMG_20190411_122008_012.thumb.jpg.dda501ace996674df7d5d7e8b0c4ef90.jpg

He will do anything for a treat

Our behaviourist insists it's because she's relaxed but I'm not convinced. She will do her tricks for treats but still looks dead grumpy about it. :lol:

Our behaviourist insists it's because she's relaxed but I'm not convinced. She will do her tricks for treats but still looks dead grumpy about it. [emoji38]
The behaviourist could be right though, we always tend to look for human expressions of happiness in our dogs, however, like people some dogs are just a bit moody which i kind of like as well.

4 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:
10 minutes ago, Rizzo said:
Our behaviourist insists it's because she's relaxed but I'm not convinced. She will do her tricks for treats but still looks dead grumpy about it. emoji38.png

The behaviourist could be right though, we always tend to look for human expressions of happiness in our dogs, however, like people some dogs are just a bit moody which i kind of like as well.

She seems a happy enough dog and loves a play and a run around. Wish she'd look a bit more cheerful every now and then mind.

2 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Meeting some Horses yesterday.

60290481_2407937882589898_3665028205087031296_o.jpg

My dog chased a rabbit yesterday. They went under a fence into a meadow. In it was a pretty sporty looking horse. Took exception to the dog invading his field and chased Renton about at top speed. Quite impressive seeing them both at about 30mph. My daughter was mortified and expected the dog to be shot but he made it out unscathed and gave the horse some verbals when safely back on his lead.

Edited by Shandon Par

My dog chased a rabbit yesterday. They went under a fence into a meadow. In it was a pretty sporty looking horse. Took exception to the dog invading his field and chased Renton about at top speed. Quite impressive seeing them both at about 30mph. My daughter was mortified and expected the dog to be shot but he made it out unscathed and gave the horse some verbals when safely back on his lead.
Sounds like Renton deserves an asbo.

Some boi

22 hours ago, Empty It said:
23 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Sounds like Renton deserves an asbo.

He's an embarassment at times. He glazes over when he gets the urge to chase a squirrel or rabbit. Tell him to come back and he just looks at me as if to say "sorry mate, this is more important right now" and because he's so fast there's no danger of ever catching him. 

He's an embarassment at times. He glazes over when he gets the urge to chase a squirrel or rabbit. Tell him to come back and he just looks at me as if to say "sorry mate, this is more important right now" and because he's so fast there's no danger of ever catching him. 

I fucking knew you were familiar.

Snapchat-239010817.thumb.jpg.f2736b442b02855246f180f6fb04aaad.jpg

Told him off for biting. He thinks if you walk away and he doesn't make eye contact everything will be fine. 

(please ignore the rug the little b*****d has chewed the corners of, it's getting binned. Honest.) 

I have the same issue. Parson russell terriers are surprisingly fast plus he's prone to diving into rabbit/foxholes. Wee b*****d.

Snapchat-239010817.thumb.jpg.f2736b442b02855246f180f6fb04aaad.jpg
Told him off for biting. He thinks if you walk away and he doesn't make eye contact everything will be fine. 

(please ignore the rug the little b*****d has chewed the corners of, it's getting binned. Honest.) 

I’m a fud, just said to the Mrs I’d love a dog with a grey coat like that before I realised it was in black and white

IMG_0860.jpg

Was looking after my sisters dog for a couple days now megs sulking since she’s left