SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

Got up in the middle of the night to let the dog out for a piss. Back to bed I went and she was sniffing round the landing.
Next thing I'm woken by a noise that will haunt me forever as my 15 year old pooch fell down the stairs and landed solidly on the laminate at the bottom.
Down I go and she's trying to stand up but whimpering and can't get any grip on the laminate. We spend 5mins trying to calm her down and see the damage. She seems to have not broken anything but won't let me move her.
I phone the vet and they ask a few questions about her and seem to think she's just bruised but to keep them informed if we feel she's broke anything.
We make her comfortable on the rug and try to go back to bed now she seems comfortable and not making any noise. We are back up in half an hour as she's tried to come upstairs but can barely move and is whimpering again.
I decide to bring her upstairs and manage to lift her without much fuss and put her in her bed. I can see now it's the back left leg that is the problem and the rest of her is fine. 
She settles down but I can't sleep and feel physically sick. Everytime I shut my eyes I hear her tumbling down the stairs.
At 5.30 I hear her moving around and put the lamp on to her cool as you like swaggering past the bed and asking to be let out again.
I lift her downstairs and put her at the open door and she walks out quite the thing as if nothing has happened. Wife took her to the vet and a quick painkilling injection later she's out.
It's now been 8 hours since she fell and my stomach is in knots.
For sure I thought this is gonnae be Thousands or put to sleep.
Fucking dogs eh

Any news

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

fd0f14afbee9761dd693a5f290aaaf3b.jpg

My dog Lekë passed his blood test at the second attempt the other day. On September 27th he'll finally be allowed to enter the EU. It was a long process involving some utter charlatans but it's such a relief to know that nothing more stands in his way.

He's also got a wee pal now.

a80adf53b28e214a9389f5c8c27e7883.jpg