SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

My wee dog is a mongrel not a designer cross breed just a mutt. She was a rescue dog we got from the council shelter when she was a year old. She hadnt been badly treated I think her owners might just have got bored with having a dog. Their loss. She is definitely part whippet and going by her face and markings possibly part Patterdale. I'd upload a photo but the camera on my phone is goosed. If you have a soul and like dogs the council dog shelter is the most depressing place you can ever visit it was just mostly adult staffies that were in there I'd have taken every dog home if I could. The woman at the shelter told me that people use the staffies to breed them sell the pups then kick the adult dog out to fend for itself. 

17 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

My wee dog is a mongrel not a designer cross breed just a mutt. She was a rescue dog we got from the council shelter when she was a year old. She hadnt been badly treated I think her owners might just have got bored with having a dog. Their loss. She is definitely part whippet and going by her face and markings possibly part Patterdale. I'd upload a photo but the camera on my phone is goosed. If you have a soul and like dogs the council dog shelter is the most depressing place you can ever visit it was just mostly adult staffies that were in there I'd have taken every dog home if I could. The woman at the shelter told me that people use the staffies to breed them sell the pups then kick the adult dog out to fend for itself. 

My missus had a staffie when I first met her. It (the dog!) had been kicked out by a drug dealer as he wanted a hard dog and this thing was too soft. 

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My missus had a staffie when I first met her. It (the dog!) had been kicked out by a drug dealer as he wanted a hard dog and this thing was too soft. 

Staffies are great dogs and they generally are affectionate softys.The problem is the helmets that want then as a weapon dog and mistreat them. There is a young couple I talk to when I'm out walking the dog who got a rescue staffie called Hattie who was malnourished and had a really patchy coat due to neglect when they got her as a pup. I' m always happy to see that dog has came on leaps and bounds over a couple of years by being well cared for by good owners and has gone from being afraid of her own shadow to being quite bold.  

Did the drug dealer tie a note to it saying "this dog isn't solid enough for me and I sell heroin"?

How did she know a drug dealer kicked it out?

Just now, Dindeleux said:

Did the drug dealer tie a note to it saying "this dog isn't solid enough for me and I sell heroin"?

How did she know a drug dealer kicked it out?

Her ex was a bit of a bellend. Think it was his dealer! 

40 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

f**k me she's went full circle with you then eh.

Drug taking arsehole to artsy fartsy Shandon with his toaster tongs.

She was very innocent. She was surprised to find out he took drugs. He was a golf fiend.

Last day of puppyhood. Renton gets to go out for walks tomorrow. Here he is in a rare moment where he interpreted "sit" as meaning "sit" rather that "bite Shandon Par then chew some furniture".
e8fd65d1c15199ab62f7b1340d1c843d.jpg

He's an absolute cracker.

bb4a4a8445bfb09cc5aa1a98c0d4d187.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got up in the middle of the night to let the dog out for a piss. Back to bed I went and she was sniffing round the landing.

Next thing I'm woken by a noise that will haunt me forever as my 15 year old pooch fell down the stairs and landed solidly on the laminate at the bottom.

Down I go and she's trying to stand up but whimpering and can't get any grip on the laminate. We spend 5mins trying to calm her down and see the damage. She seems to have not broken anything but won't let me move her.

I phone the vet and they ask a few questions about her and seem to think she's just bruised but to keep them informed if we feel she's broke anything.

We make her comfortable on the rug and try to go back to bed now she seems comfortable and not making any noise. We are back up in half an hour as she's tried to come upstairs but can barely move and is whimpering again.

I decide to bring her upstairs and manage to lift her without much fuss and put her in her bed. I can see now it's the back left leg that is the problem and the rest of her is fine. 

She settles down but I can't sleep and feel physically sick. Everytime I shut my eyes I hear her tumbling down the stairs.

At 5.30 I hear her moving around and put the lamp on to her cool as you like swaggering past the bed and asking to be let out again.

I lift her downstairs and put her at the open door and she walks out quite the thing as if nothing has happened. Wife took her to the vet and a quick painkilling injection later she's out.

It's now been 8 hours since she fell and my stomach is in knots.

For sure I thought this is gonnae be Thousands or put to sleep.

Fucking dogs eh

Edited by Gaz FFC

16936222_1242874712492984_1923051503_o.j

Indiana, a Lab-Pointer mix. A total handful, affectionate and energetic by turns, gallus and possessed of selective hearing. Scourge of the Baberton Rabbit population (has probably done more to cull the local Mixie outbreak than most). Eats pretty much anything, quite enjoys tissues. Squirrels are his nemesis.
Edited by renton

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Kind of dog is it?

Samoyed.  She's a fantastic dog. They've a young kid and they get on brilliantly. The wee boy climbs all over her and generally must piss her off tons but she never reacts. 

Here she is the first time I met her a couple of years ago - 

58e76785f3f79_piper2.thumb.png.4212c38a5477c637658dad2d091cb898.png

Samoyed.  She's a fantastic dog. They've a young kid and they get on brilliantly. The wee boy climbs all over her and generally must piss her off tons but she never reacts. 
Here she is the first time I met her a couple of years ago - 
58e76785f3f79_piper2.thumb.png.4212c38a5477c637658dad2d091cb898.png

Wow. What a beaut.