SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

11 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I’ve had to say goodbye to this pair this year💔🥲

2B703E48-9E52-4008-8A90-A81BDAC71578.jpeg

f**k mate its murder just one how you managed two

20130507_122716.thumb.jpg.be2ea795e259d0b141944d32d1950ab8.jpg

Lost this big daft b*****d yesterday, vets had to come to the house to do it, he went downhill big time from sat night, 

This morning has been a struggle getting up for work and he's not there 

Edited by 54_and_counting

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

f**k mate its murder just one how you managed two

20130507_122716.thumb.jpg.be2ea795e259d0b141944d32d1950ab8.jpg

Lost this big daft b*****d yesterday, vets had to come to the house to do it, he went downhill big time from sat night, 

This morning has been a struggle getting up for work and he's not there 

The boy boxer (black face) had to get his big sleep yesterday also. Work is not important at times😕

3 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

@Gorgie greatness

@54_and_counting

Really sorry for your loss - they just don't live long enough 😥

My wee mate Mason contemplating life, the universe and everything.

Dogs eh

IMG_20230412_145635.jpg

They give us the best times only to leave us too soon, mine helped me through some dark times when i wasnt feeling myself and felt i couldnt talk to anyone, he was always there just to nudge me and let me know he was there for me

Struggling now tbh

On 11/04/2023 at 19:24, Gorgie greatness said:

I’ve had to say goodbye to this pair this year💔🥲

2B703E48-9E52-4008-8A90-A81BDAC71578.jpeg

Sorry to hear that mate ,they look cracking dogs ,Iam possibly abit biased as I’ve had boxer dogs all my days  but I think boxer dogs are the best breed about (other breeds or available so I’ve heard 😉)and currently have a couple just now (don’t like putting them on hear incase some c**t recognise them or me but ) my previous two I lost within six months of each other and even though they were old still always comes as a shock,hope you and your family are doing good. 

1 hour ago, Arthur daley said:

Sorry to hear that mate ,they look cracking dogs ,Iam possibly abit biased as I’ve had boxer dogs all my days  but I think boxer dogs are the best breed about (other breeds or available so I’ve heard 😉)and currently have a couple just now (don’t like putting them on hear incase some c**t recognise them or me but ) my previous two I lost within six months of each other and even though they were old still always comes as a shock,hope you and your family are doing good. 

Aye lad doing ok they had ailments that go back a couple of years so it was on the cards! I’d agree on them being the best breed! This was my first experience of a male boxer, had thought it would be a bull in a China shop type dog. Even more well behaved that the bitches. 

Can’t see me being dugless in the long term! 

5 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Aye lad doing ok they had ailments that go back a couple of years so it was on the cards! I’d agree on them being the best breed! This was my first experience of a male boxer, had thought it would be a bull in a China shop type dog. Even more well behaved that the bitches. 

Can’t see me being dugless in the long term! 

Yeh after they get past the puppy/young stage they do settle down alot,hope it’s another boxer you get when the time is right. 

Bert playing King of the Castle on the highest dune he could find.

PXL_20230416_155555663.thumb.jpg.f76113ac0c99b7573ec1b5f004c13b45.jpg

Eta: still drying off after spectacularly misjudging the depth of a lagoon whilst chasing seagulls.

Edited by Hedgecutter

It's horrible when you lose a pet.  But in my 40+ years on this planet I've always had a dog.  I suppose you get a bit more stoic about it.  Every dog I have owned aside from one lived a long life.  And I suppose you try and mentally prepare yourself for the inevitable.  

But one thing I have always thought and it's something I have told others that have lost pets is this.

You gave them a good life.

You've cared for them, treated them well, probably spolied them rotten and gave them a happy and loving home.  

Give another one the same.

My house backs onto a lane, so Shug and I were out painting the fence yesterday. Was a nice afternoon and folk were out for a stroll. Which suited Shug who is the most sociable mutt going. Ear scratches and being told he's a good boy. 

Don't know if anyone in here has ever had a German Shepherd just looking for advice.

My dog is about to turn 1 this month but the last 3 months he's stayed around 29 kilos, the last few weeks his shites have been runny and we went to the vets because he had an ear infection and she was saying that he is on the lean side.

We feed him kibble and butternut boxes but it looks like that he could take bad to chicken as that is his kibble flavour.

Does anyone have any diet recommendations for him? I wanted to feed him raw but my mrs was dead against it.

Had GS's all my days bar Jack and they always had dry food with 2/3 days of chicken breast and scrambled egg.

Jack's a pain. Started him on chicken too early and now it's all the little bastirt will eat. He does have a lovely coat though. Especially between Saturday and this morning when he decided the dighty burn was a good place to dive into and need to get rescued from. :)

9 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Don't know if anyone in here has ever had a German Shepherd just looking for advice.

My dog is about to turn 1 this month but the last 3 months he's stayed around 29 kilos, the last few weeks his shites have been runny and we went to the vets because he had an ear infection and she was saying that he is on the lean side.

We feed him kibble and butternut boxes but it looks like that he could take bad to chicken as that is his kibble flavour.

Does anyone have any diet recommendations for him? I wanted to feed him raw but my mrs was dead against it.

Might be worth looking into some cold-pressed food like the following:

Forthglade

Wilsons

Walker and Drake

Cobby Dog

Southend

Off the top of my head the likes of Millies Wolfheart do lots of different flavours of dry food including some single source protein ones.

I like to have a bag of cold pressed in the house for the times we forgot to take the raw food out the freezer.