SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Our one’s not a humper (and tbf none of our three have been) but it’s just the overwhelming concentration and determination on finding just where that lovely Bisto is coming from…

Spoiler alert

Spoiler

It's our Millie!

I've got a dog and while I'm on a walk usually meet another dog/owner combos. After the ritual sizing up and sniffing (by the dogs) lady owners will often say "Come to Mummy" to their pet (twice today), male owners saying "Come to Daddy" are less frequent - cringeworthy!

PS - Never kiss a dog, think about where there mouth/nose has been.

2 hours ago, btb said:

I've got a dog and while I'm on a walk usually meet another dog/owner combos. After the ritual sizing up and sniffing (by the dogs) lady owners will often say "Come to Mummy" to their pet (twice today), male owners saying "Come to Daddy" are less frequent - cringeworthy!

Aye. Ridiculous. "Papa is going away out".  U WOT M8.

2 hours ago, btb said:

PS - Never kiss a dog, think about where there mouth/nose has been.

Piss aff. 

On 18/12/2022 at 06:17, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Picked up this little lady in Aberdeen yesterday. She had been found stray with another male Collie, probably dumped by a farmer.

She's so gentle and good natured, very timid to start with. Don't think she's been in a house, she was a bit wierd coming in, the stairs confused her a bit and she spooked at a squeaky drawer.  She went absolutely mental when I put the TV on, barking and growling, then sat growling at it for ages after it was off. She's fine with stuff on the fone though, and the noise of the fire popping and cracking, the central heating etc.

She's quite sma small collie, around 2 yrs old they reckon and I think I'll keep the name they gave her, Winnie!

IMG-20221217-WA0011.jpg

Belated congratulations!  How is Winnie settling in now? Fern was a (neglected but not abandoned) farm dog too and we got her, flea-ridden, underweight and with an infected tooth, at 18 months - she had never lived in a house either but soon got the hang of it.  She's a small collie too. They could almost be twins!

IMG-20220121-WA0005.jpg

17 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Belated congratulations!  How is Winnie settling in now? Fern was a (neglected but not abandoned) farm dog too and we got her, flea-ridden, underweight and with an infected tooth, at 18 months - she had never lived in a house either but soon got the hang of it.  She's a small collie too. They could almost be twins!

IMG-20220121-WA0005.jpg

She's doing fine thanks! Settling in quite the thing, loves the couch and fire combo!! Still a bit nervous around new sounds but doesn't take long to adapt.

Aww, they could be sisters eh!

Oldest pug went for a wee operation today to have some kidney stones removed. All went well. When I went back to pick her up, was only in the vets for about 10 mins, during that time 3 people had to have their pets put down. ☹️😢