SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

18 hours ago, blackislekillie said:

My wee holiday pal Oscar shares my thoughts on Cruella Braverman (or possibly the lack of Jumbones in my luggage). 

IMG_20221027_094540.jpg

My mum and dad have a bulldog and it totally changed my view on the breed. My sister was breeding them for a while.

Ava the horse is having her first season, and Sprocket our Spaniel is like a manic dug possessed, howling, crying, humping everything and quite stressed. I don't think there's any chance of him managing to mate but we keep them separate anyway. We plan to get her dressed after her first season but I just feel so sorry for Sprocket and his stress levels. He was never like this with Roxy our Rottweiler. 

Does anyone have any tips on how we can make this less stressful for him?

23 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Ava the horse is having her first season, and Sprocket our Spaniel is like a manic dug possessed, howling, crying, humping everything and quite stressed. I don't think there's any chance of him managing to mate but we keep them separate anyway. We plan to get her dressed after her first season but I just feel so sorry for Sprocket and his stress levels. He was never like this with Roxy our Rottweiler. 

Does anyone have any tips on how we can make this less stressful for him?

Maybe something like the plug in adaptil stuff might calm him a bit?

We also bought this stuff the year we got Morse because he was finding fireworks stressful. We mixed a little into his raw mince, stuffed some of that into a kong, froze it and gave it to him shortly before they kicked off. It took him a good while to get all the mince out and dogs often self-soothe by licking and chewing so he was a much happier chilled out lad. Suspect it'd work fine with dry food that had a bit of water added too.

https://www.dorwest.com/product/valerian-compound-for-dogs-and-cats/

My old friends Keeley & Jolie are back in NL for their yearly visit before setting off on their travels again, what an amazing life they're having since the owners retired, sold most of their possessions and started a life on the road touring Europe, that's 4 years they've been doing it, I always get an amazing welcome I was covered in drool, bittersweet though - Jolie ( Frenchie) is still mad as ever although she's slowed down but Keeley is almost completely blind and has a few health issues but the second the owner said my name she got really excited.

Dogs eh 

IMG_20221030_152630.jpg

A friend has a 15 month old GS which she has had since puppyhood. When she bought the dog, she was told it was 100% GS although she didn't get any papers / KC registration etc.

Apparently someone (allegedly knowledgeable about dogs) has told our friend that her dog definItely has some Malinois characteristics and now she wants to get a DNA kit to find out exactly the make-up of her pooch.

Any of the P&B kennel club used one of these kits / have any recommendations ?

TIA.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen
Can't spell 'definitely'.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

A friend has a 15 month old GS which she has had since puppyhood. When she bought the dog, she was told it was 100% GS although she didn't get any papers / KC registration etc.

Apparently someone (allegedly knowledgeable about dogs) has told our friend that her dog definItely has some Malinois characteristics and now she wants to get a DNA kit to find out exactly the make-up of her pooch.

Any of the P&B kennel club used one of these kits / have any recommendations ?

TIA.

Embark is based in the US but do ship their kits to the UK no issue. They have the largest breed database and test for the most health issues but their kits are more expensive.

Wisdom panel is based in the UK but we got an odd result with Skye which claimed she was 25% of a breed she showed no traits for. We purchased an embark kit sometime later and the breed in question didn't appear on it at all.

Edited by Rizzo

15 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

A wee bit in the face, no?

He's lots of collie mannerisms and runs like a whippet. His broader forehead is probably SBT as it's that bit wider. 

Anyway confirmed my whippet theory! And he's just the best dog you could ask for, won a watch with him.