SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

Got a request to walk an old Jack Russell called Argo a few months back as his owner was dying of cancer, myself and a colleague walked him in the morning and evening, went to pick him up last Tuesday morning and arrived just as the doctor was leaving - the owner had passed away in his sleep, terribly sad, spent the next week trying to find the perfect new home for the little dude and thankfully we found one within a few days, got a message yesterday to say he's settled right in and is loving life in his new home on the Dutch coast, so happy for him.

Dogs eh

IMG20220823105445.jpg

IMG-20220903-WA0005.jpg

Don't know why I've never posted in this thread before. 

During lockdown 1.0 me and my girlfriend fostered a lovely big dafty from the SSPCA called Sasha for three months. She hated other dogs and was also absolutely terrified of the dark (not in a room, but at night if she could see out a window and it was dark she would lose her shit) but was a massive softy and we both absolutely loved her. Unfortunately we were renting at the time and our landlord said we couldn't keep her beyond the three months, but she went back and we gave the SSPCA a big write-up of her time with us and loads of photos and she got adopted within a week.

Fast forward to November 2020 and my girlfriend is desperate to get another dog but I wasn't particularly fussed. She woke me up on the Friday afternoon after the Scotland/Serbia game to tell me she'd messaged a guy about a dog and I needed to drive us there. Was definitely not sober enough but did it anyway and met a 6 month old Lurcher puppy who was wired to the moon. He was dropped off with us the next day and the rest as they say is history. She thought the name Marshall was cute, little did she know for two weeks until the name had stuck that it was in honour of the penalty shootout hero from the day before we met.

He loves sleeping on his very own duvet on top of human beds (see below), dried chicken feet for a snack and human contact. If you sit down on the couch and you're not close enough to him he'll get up, reposition himself and drop down so his head and front legs are on top of you. He does however absolutely hate cats. Shame our next door neighbour has four...

16630338924433560026186510793119.thumb.jpg.8fd405cd25b9a3b9b23d7f9e82c01647.jpg

Edit for a photo of our foster dog Sasha off Facebook.

Screenshot_2022-09-13-03-08-38-796_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.8bd1cbece662cc24111e45101f797526.jpg

Edited by Dave

35 minutes ago, Dave said:

Don't know why I've never posted in this thread before. 

During lockdown 1.0 me and my girlfriend fostered a lovely big dafty from the SSPCA called Sasha for three months. She hated other dogs and was also absolutely terrified of the dark (not in a room, but at night if she could see out a window and it was dark she would lose her shit) but was a massive softy and we both absolutely loved her. Unfortunately we were renting at the time and our landlord said we couldn't keep her beyond the three months, but she went back and we gave the SSPCA a big write-up of her time with us and loads of photos and she got adopted within a week.

Fast forward to November 2020 and my girlfriend is desperate to get another dog but I wasn't particularly fussed. She woke me up on the Friday afternoon after the Scotland/Serbia game to tell me she'd messaged a guy about a dog and I needed to drive us there. Was definitely not sober enough but did it anyway and met a 6 month old Lurcher puppy who was wired to the moon. He was dropped off with us the next day and the rest as they say is history. She thought the name Marshall was cute, little did she know for two weeks until the name had stuck that it was in honour of the penalty shootout hero from the day before we met.

He loves sleeping on his very own duvet on top of human beds (see below), dried chicken feet for a snack and human contact. If you sit down on the couch and you're not close enough to him he'll get up, reposition himself and drop down so his head and front legs are on top of you. He does however absolutely hate cats. Shame our next door neighbour has four...

16630338924433560026186510793119.thumb.jpg.8fd405cd25b9a3b9b23d7f9e82c01647.jpg

Edit for a photo of our foster dog Sasha off Facebook.

Screenshot_2022-09-13-03-08-38-796_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.8bd1cbece662cc24111e45101f797526.jpg

Lurcher cross giraffe looking at those legs!

Getting our own dog is very much on the cards now. Will be another 6-12 months though but as it looks like wfh isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

4 hours ago, RH33 said:

Looking after this handsome lad for a couple of weeks. Much like @Div lovley Max (rip), he's another lazy spaniel that sleeps 99% of the time. 

He farts then leaves the room for a couple minutes 😂🤢💨

Hoping not enough detail of the street in photo for @Hedgecutterto locate me! 

IMG_20220912_120643081.jpg

That's the smallest white rug I've ever seen.

This wee toerag is keeping us all on our toes, we've settled on the name Millie but she's got a fair few bad habits we'll need to sort out.

Not sure what breeds are in the background but we reckoned maybe Patterdale and border collie? She has the body of a Patterdale but the colour and markings of a collie. Will need to buy one of those DNA tests at Christmas time.

20220919_112154.jpg

15 minutes ago, Flatulent Gannet said:

Lost our last dog 3 months ago, so now ready for a new challenge

C8D6A1B5-D51B-4DE1-B77B-9DBE06F49C05.jpeg

I'm so wary about buying a pup from some dodge breeder. Know all the things check. I'd love to rescue but with a 9 & 11 yr old in house who aren't the most dog confident it'll need be a pup.

Also some the prices are ridiculous.