SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

Both of our guys were struck down by a bug earlier in the week and we had to cancel the first two night's accommodation on the West Highland Way for fear of leaving stains on the carpet.

Luckily some treatment from the vet has them both back to normal so Skye walked the 12 miles between Inveraran and Tyndrum with me yesterday. She'll be having a nice easy rest day today.

She's not quite ready to accept old age yet I don't think.

20220407_120549.jpg

Quick question about dog food.

Anyone feed their doggo grain free food? We've been feeding Archie Butchers Grain Free and he fucking loves it but recently he's been getting some serious runs with it. Im not certain if its too rich for him (he's been on it with no issues for 6 months or so) but seems all of a sudden.

Since his cancer diagnosis I'm trying to keep him grain free to keep the carbs down - carbs = sugar = fuel for cancer so I've read. As far as we know there's been almost no growth and I'm hoping this diet is helping the situation along with his meds.

I did look into raw food but our vet leaned away from it as Archie is immunosuppressed. 

So, any suggestions would be highly welcome!!

5 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Anyone feed their doggo grain free food? We've been feeding Archie Butchers Grain Free and he fucking loves it but recently he's been getting some serious runs with it. Im not certain if its too rich for him (he's been on it with no issues for 6 months or so) but seems all of a sudden.

Since his cancer diagnosis I'm trying to keep him grain free to keep the carbs down - carbs = sugar = fuel for cancer so I've read. As far as we know there's been almost no growth and I'm hoping this diet is helping the situation along with his meds.

I did look into raw food but our vet leaned away from it as Archie is immunosuppressed. 

Our Jake still tucked into his raw no bother when he was on his cancer drugs. Our vet didn't want to change his diet as he was in great shape for his age (aside from the cancer obviously) so raw might still be an option provided you start Archie off on it properly. Vets tend to be ultra wary of a raw diet.

Otherwise it might be worth having a peep at this website which rates dog food and see if there's anything on that which you can get easily and is highly rated. 

https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/

We wound up feeding Jake on Nature's menu tinned puppy food (more calories) toward the end because he was being really picky and smelly wet food seemed to be more tempting for him.

16 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Our Jake still tucked into his raw no bother when he was on his cancer drugs. Our vet didn't want to change his diet as he was in great shape for his age (aside from the cancer obviously) so raw might still be an option provided you start Archie off on it properly. Vets tend to be ultra wary of a raw diet.

Otherwise it might be worth having a peep at this website which rates dog food and see if there's anything on that which you can get easily and is highly rated. 

https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/

We wound up feeding Jake on Nature's menu tinned puppy food (more calories) toward the end because he was being really picky and smelly wet food seemed to be more tempting for him.

Will have a wee browse at that, thanks!

I'd prefer to get him on to raw food and he fucking loved it when he's been given it previously. I'll maybe ask the vet again and see what I think after that.

On 14/04/2022 at 18:03, mishtergrolsch said:

We feed ours grain free food.  Wolfworthy it’s called.  Used to be on raw but with two of them it was taking up too much space so we switched them to dry.

Good solid shites out the pair of them.