SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Renton trying to get at some alpacas..

1743EA9D-E4A8-48C6-8E8C-EE0E5A2D632C.jpeg

Everytime a "here's Renton harassing wildlife/livestock" post appears on the forum, in my head all I can hear is RENTON! RENNNNTON JESUS CHRIST RENTON! RENNNTON!

Edited by Rizzo

33 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Everytime a "here's Renton harassing wildlife/livestock" post appears on the forum, in my head all I can hear is RENTON! RENNNNTON JESUS CHRIST RENTON! RENNNTON!

Mrs was shouting him earlier as he’d chased some rabbits into someone’s garden and was giving it the full “oh Jesus Christ RENTONNNNNN”

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Mrs was shouting him earlier as he’d chased some rabbits into someone’s garden and was giving it the full “oh Jesus Christ RENTONNNNNN”

I feel like Morse could maybe do with some lessons from Renton. Was walking him along the canal towpath last week when he suddenly back-peddled at 100 miles an hour.

Turned out this shrew had challenged him to a square go.

20210727_100100.jpg

40 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I feel like Morse could maybe do with some lessons from Renton. Was walking him along the canal towpath last week when he suddenly back-peddled at 100 miles an hour.

Turned out this shrew had challenged him to a square go.

20210727_100100.jpg

If it ran away, Toby the greyhound would be in full chase.

If it stood its ground, however...

On 04/08/2021 at 21:37, the aggressive beggar said:

Heartbroken tonight.  Otis had a habit of eating socks when he was anxious, which is hard to stop when there's 3 kids in the house.  My wife's been in and out of hospital the last week so his nerves were shot.  Unfortunately this time the sock didn't come out, so we had to take him to the emergency vets on Friday night for an op.  They removed the sock but he hadn't ate since.  He looked dreadful last night so took him back in. 

We had to put him down a few hours ago.  I'm sitting out the back with a crate of beer looking at photos missing him like f**k, not even a year and a half old

Always cracked me up, here's his best Dale Carrick.....

20201218_181127.thumb.jpg.4229923264156754daaf4e1ffea595f2.jpg

RIP mate. 

So sorry for your loss mate, rest easy Otis.

31 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Dexter is like that with animals.

If they run away "yeah, yeah, yeah".

If they stand their ground "erm....carry on, as you were".

My dog is a black lab and has always just completely ignored other dogs. Even more funny now he is blind, you'll have some big german shepard barking at him pulling at the lead and he's just walking past unfazed tail wagging. 

Archie has his third round of Chemo on Friday, hes taking it well again. Eating and drinking as normal but had a bit of the squirts this morning. Has been fine the rest of today if a bit tired which, well, is to be expected! Hoping that's the worst he'll get this time again.

Still struggling with the fact this cancer is going to get him and, according to the vets original prognosis, likely around Christmas. Im looking at him thinking other than the amputation hes too young and healthy for this. If he does make it to Christmas it'll be bittersweet but he will be spoiled something rotten. Im talking entire silverside for three people just for him! 

Wee b*****d.

8 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Archie has his third round of Chemo on Friday, hes taking it well again. Eating and drinking as normal but had a bit of the squirts this morning. Has been fine the rest of today if a bit tired which, well, is to be expected! Hoping that's the worst he'll get this time again.

Still struggling with the fact this cancer is going to get him and, according to the vets original prognosis, likely around Christmas. Im looking at him thinking other than the amputation hes too young and healthy for this. If he does make it to Christmas it'll be bittersweet but he will be spoiled something rotten. Im talking entire silverside for three people just for him! 

Wee b*****d.

Well, this p***k dosent half time it well... bad constipation this morning, two hours for him to work a couple dry boulders out, then the watery sludge made a comeback. 

Ach well, was going to say seems as if he's OK now as hes eaten and had his anti nausea - but I'm not going to say that.

Emergency day off to make sure he's fine. Will try and do some "work at home".

On 07/08/2021 at 22:14, Rizzo said:

"Ah'm takin' this hame wi me."

20210726_084856.jpg

Quick question.

My dog has started to attempt to eat twigs / sticks ec. However I almost anytime I can catch it try take it out his mouth. Granted he is younger but all he wants to do is just eat it. Question is will he ever just play / chew it ? 

6 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Quick question.

My dog has started to attempt to eat twigs / sticks ec. However I almost anytime I can catch it try take it out his mouth. Granted he is younger but all he wants to do is just eat it. Question is will he ever just play / chew it ? 

It probably depends on the dog. Morse just likes to carry them around at times because he's such a blouse and it seems to give him a bit of comfort. Skye likes to rip them up and eat them, same as your boy. 

On 10/08/2021 at 00:22, mishtergrolsch said:

Wee b*****d.

Your posts bring a lot of memories back.  My late, much loved (and first) dogJura was a fantastic boy - here's a pic.  He was a rescue collie and was already 3 when we got him (really skinny, and with a pinned leg where it had been broken, and a broken tail - from goodness knows what kind of past neglect).  He was pretty shy at first for obvious reasons but soon became the most pampered, indulged dog in Glasgow, and stuck to us like a limpet.  He was diagnosed with lymphoma when he was only 6, which absolutely broke our hearts.  No cure for it in dogs but the experts advised that his life expectancy could be expanded from possibly only 6-8 weeks to 12-15 months with chemo, so that's what we did.  He tolerated it really well after initial adjustments  and the year or so more we got with him was really valuable and so special, albeit bittersweet for obvious reasons.  So many treasured memories from it.  Like you are doing with Archie, Jura got more and more luxurious food treats! Because why not.

You are doing all you can for Archie, and he's got a great owner who cares about him deeply.  In the circs, that's all that matters.  Hope he continues to do OK for as long as possible and that he's feeling better after yesterday.

IMGP3600.JPG

8 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Your posts bring a lot of memories back.  My late, much loved (and first) dogJura was a fantastic boy - here's a pic.  He was a rescue collie and was already 3 when we got him (really skinny, and with a pinned leg where it had been broken, and a broken tail - from goodness knows what kind of past neglect).  He was pretty shy at first for obvious reasons but soon became the most pampered, indulged dog in Glasgow, and stuck to us like a limpet.  He was diagnosed with lymphoma when he was only 6, which absolutely broke our hearts.  No cure for it in dogs but the experts advised that his life expectancy could be expanded from possibly only 6-8 weeks to 12-15 months with chemo, so that's what we did.  He tolerated it really well after initial adjustments  and the year or so more we got with him was really valuable and so special, albeit bittersweet for obvious reasons.  So many treasured memories from it.  Like you are doing with Archie, Jura got more and more luxurious food treats! Because why not.

You are doing all you can for Archie, and he's got a great owner who cares about him deeply.  In the circs, that's all that matters.  Hope he continues to do OK for as long as possible and that he's feeling better after yesterday.

IMGP3600.JPG

Thanks Victor.

Sorry to hear about Jura. Its so hard to watch such an important family member go through something like this. Its upsetting to see them struggle and suffer, even if it's for medium term gain.

Im always going over when he pulled up initially and think if id only gone to the vet then rather than waiting a week or so till he pulled up again... would that have made a significant difference? Seeing how fast the tumour grew i can only assume it would have and I've got some major guilt about it. And thats why I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof with him now. 

Hes been up and down today, bit of panting and a squeak or two here and there. Not sure if its constipation, diarrhea or just guilt tripping for food!

Next blood test on Friday so will see how the vets think he is handling this. One more bout of chemo to go then the scan to check if its beginning to grow elsewhere. Then its down to nature. Im dreading it in all honesty.

Oh, and hes also my first dog so there's an extra similarity for you!

9 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Thanks Victor.

Sorry to hear about Jura. Its so hard to watch such an important family member go through something like this. Its upsetting to see them struggle and suffer, even if it's for medium term gain.

Im always going over when he pulled up initially and think if id only gone to the vet then rather than waiting a week or so till he pulled up again... would that have made a significant difference? Seeing how fast the tumour grew i can only assume it would have and I've got some major guilt about it. And thats why I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof with him now. 

Hes been up and down today, bit of panting and a squeak or two here and there. Not sure if its constipation, diarrhea or just guilt tripping for food!

Next blood test on Friday so will see how the vets think he is handling this. One more bout of chemo to go then the scan to check if its beginning to grow elsewhere. Then its down to nature. Im dreading it in all honesty.

Oh, and hes also my first dog so there's an extra similarity for you!

Totally.  They are absolutely family members, and ultimately it's hard not to feel responsible in some way when things go pear-shaped because your dog is so bonded to you and dependent on you, the much-loved wee so-and-so!

FWIW, I don't think it's at all reasonable to expect an owner to see their dog pulling up and suspect anything super-serious.  Dogs pull up and have wee moments of limping all the time, and 99.99% of the time it's to do with just overextending their muscles, minor injuries, etc. Very few people would rush to the vets (I wouldn't), and although I am not an expert, I also think it's extremely unlikely a week would make much difference in your case.  We felt huge guilt too, as we'd recently moved house when we noticed Jura's swollen lymph nodes, so maybe there was a chance that the new house's garden was full of weedkiller without us knowing, etc.  But that doesn't get you anywhere, of course.  I think now I just occasionally feel angry that he/we were just unlucky. 

Feeling for you and Archie, and fingers firmly crossed on the next round of tests.  I remember waiting on those with Jura. Not fun! Give Archie a fur-ruffle from me.

Always wanted a dog growing up but my dad was never keen on it, finally got my dog in 2016 and she is everything I wanted growing up, even when I take her out in -30C weather and she has to visit the same spot three times before deciding it's where to shite or her insistent on barking at anyone that dares make a sound in the hallway outside our door, still love the wee girl! Turned 5 yesterday

Sainty 1.jpg

Sainty 2.jpg

Sainty 3.jpg