SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

11 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Appetite coming back slowly, hes had a good few handfuls of chicken and some cows milk through the day. Cooking some brown rice for him to go with his chicken, will see how it goes down.

He's literally leaking green shite and I've had to stick him in the dog shower (yes, I fitted a dog shower into our utility room, f**k you) about 8 or 9 times since 4 o'clock this afternoon. 

Hes more like himself but its genuinely gruelling and I seriously hope he improves tomorrow.

It's a good sign that his appetite is coming back. The rear-end issues are probably the result of him not eating well for a few days. Hopefully he continues to improve.

It's Morse's 2nd birthday today (according to his passport). He is determined to be a lazy c**t but is away out with his walker for a stroll.

20210628_145101.jpg

12 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

It's a good sign that his appetite is coming back. The rear-end issues are probably the result of him not eating well for a few days. Hopefully he continues to improve.

It's Morse's 2nd birthday today (according to his passport). He is determined to be a lazy c**t but is away out with his walker for a stroll.

20210628_145101.jpg

Aye, hes always had issues with collitis so between that, the chemo / meds and not eating im really not surprised this has taken its toll on the wee fella. But how much has been the shocker.

Was a shit night for him in terms of sleep as hes anxious about his rear end when he starts to relax. Thankfully hes eaten a fair bit of chicken and some ham this morning and is now sleeping.

Between all the drama, grief and stress at my work and now this i was signed off by the Dr on Monday for the week to get some head space and its been the best thing I could have hoped for. I couldn't be at work and have this going on at home.

So we've had a pretty good day up till now, eaten well, had some chicken and rice, some ham and hes drinking well. His mood has been great too which has been amazing to see again.

Just a small leak about 20 mins ago, its now a normal colour at least. He dosent have any control over it, poor lad, so now he's stressing a bit unless he's outside.

Blood test tomorrow for him and then a serious chat with the Mrs around doing this all over again. 

It's a hard thing to go through mishtergrolsch, especially when they're not eating. I was feeding my old boy on battered fish, crispy chicken etc, he basically just shared whatever was for dinner that night (I only stumbled on this working when we shared a fish supper on a trip to the seaside), though I think Rizzo's suggestion of the bone broth is a great idea.

Edit: should have added, this was after the chicken and rice, cheese, peanut butter etc tricks had stopped working. It still makes me greet today thinking about it, but it was good to see him for a while scoff things like a fish supper.

Edited by s_dog

+ 1 on the chicken and rice. Our dug is pushing 15 and her appetite seems to come and go so we’ve been experimenting with different foods. Her current favourite is…

A smear of peanut butter round the bowl. 
A sprinkling of grated cheese. 
A couple of tablespoons of plain white rice. 
2 dollops of baby food. 
1 tablespoon of canned food - recommended by the vet

A sprinkling of shredded boiled chicken breast

Wetted down with warm water.  

Also, if either of us have tuna, we save the juice to pour over the food  Guaranteed to scoff the lot then  

Takes longer to prep her food than ours  Well worth it though, obvs  

Hope things work out brother  

Thanks folks. The tips have been paying off.

Had a bit of a dry day, no leaks since mid morning! Hes eating and drinking a bit more and more regularly. Looks like the rice and chicken seems to have really worked. 

The Oncologists were pretty shocked at how badly he reacted and seems they will lower the dose if we decide to go for round 2. If we decide to go for it I'll be asking for some seriously good anti nausea meds for him, I don't think I could put him and my family through this again.

Currently waiting for his blood test results to see how his levels are after chemo, everything else is good.

All in all, I hope things are starting to turn for him. I think he deserves a break!

Meet Cooper. He's pretty sound he loves the sun and looks dapper in a bow tie, after developing a reputation for being a lout around other dogs we've manged to get him trained and he's made some pals in the local area. Bottom picture is how he likes to get you up in the morning.

20210425_133213.jpg

IMG-20210322-WA0001.jpg

20210703_092306.jpg

Had a bit of a scary experience with Skye last night and was kind of swithering about reporting to the local plod.

Was walking home from a wee walk along the canal towpath when I clocked two dogs out with their owner further down the path. They were quite far off while still coming toward us and I was sure the two dogs were on leads so I turned around to call Skye to heel (she was off-lead and about 3 metres behind me). Then heard the owner screaming "BE NICE!" (Which always inspires confidence in a dog's ability to properly interact with other dogs) and then realised that the two large dogs were pelting toward us. When they reached Skye they immediately started jumping on her and pinning her so I picked her up. Her back end kind of slipped through my arms and I was holding her up round her armpits while these other two dogs were leaping at us which wasn't ideal. Decided to put her down and concentrate on trying to keep the other two dogs off (owner still not caught up by this point). I was shoving them both away while trying to keep Skye between me and a fence when she finally arrived to leash the two dogs.

Told Skye to move and ignored the half-hearted apology and walked smartly home. Told OH about it and he reminded me we had a similar experience with what we now think was exactly the same two dogs. This was last year shortly after we got Morse and he was a lot less confident back then, so took a more active role in warning other dogs off. Our trainer explained that lead reactivity is common as the dog feels trapped. Skye is ridiculously passive and I think she'd actually have to be bitten for her to attempt to fight back. 

The old girl is OK luckily, the behaviour of the other dogs was mainly just over-obnoxiousness rather than full blown aggression but with Skye being 12 this year it could easily have resulted in an injury and she was scared enough to yelp and cry a few times. I was also sort of waiting on one of the two going for me when I was pushing them away.

Not a fun experience, will be avoiding that route for a bit I think. Skye got a frozen yogurt out of it though.

20210629_171610.jpg

33 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Had a bit of a scary experience with Skye last night and was kind of swithering about reporting to the local plod.

Was walking home from a wee walk along the canal towpath when I clocked two dogs out with their owner further down the path. They were quite far off while still coming toward us and I was sure the two dogs were on leads so I turned around to call Skye to heel (she was off-lead and about 3 metres behind me). Then heard the owner screaming "BE NICE!" (Which always inspires confidence in a dog's ability to properly interact with other dogs) and then realised that the two large dogs were pelting toward us. When they reached Skye they immediately started jumping on her and pinning her so I picked her up. Her back end kind of slipped through my arms and I was holding her up round her armpits while these other two dogs were leaping at us which wasn't ideal. Decided to put her down and concentrate on trying to keep the other two dogs off (owner still not caught up by this point). I was shoving them both away while trying to keep Skye between me and a fence when she finally arrived to leash the two dogs.

Told Skye to move and ignored the half-hearted apology and walked smartly home. Told OH about it and he reminded me we had a similar experience with what we now think was exactly the same two dogs. This was last year shortly after we got Morse and he was a lot less confident back then, so took a more active role in warning other dogs off. Our trainer explained that lead reactivity is common as the dog feels trapped. Skye is ridiculously passive and I think she'd actually have to be bitten for her to attempt to fight back. 

The old girl is OK luckily, the behaviour of the other dogs was mainly just over-obnoxiousness rather than full blown aggression but with Skye being 12 this year it could easily have resulted in an injury and she was scared enough to yelp and cry a few times. I was also sort of waiting on one of the two going for me when I was pushing them away.

Not a fun experience, will be avoiding that route for a bit I think. Skye got a frozen yogurt out of it though.

20210629_171610.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Its a scary experience when a couple of dogs act unpredictably like that. Hope Skye isn't too spooked.

Had a similar experience with Archie when he was younger. Two brown spaniels were miles off the lead and we had Archie on his. One came up and snarled at Archie and the other jumped at him from the other side. I booted that one and pulled Archie closer to me. They snapped at him and one went for the wife's foot but I continued to put the boot in when needed till they fucked off.

Turns out they're a neighbours dogs and said arsehole neighbour had fallen asleep on the grass in the sun just round the corner. Needless to say I had an incredibly polite and respectful word when I seen him clip them on the lead.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

20210629_171610.thumb.jpg.0d5ff7af3cbbb9ef01760cdc7d15135a.jpg
This is something that annoys me so much, people that walk their dogs off lead when their recall is practically non existent. Luckily our dog is friendly because the amount of dogs that bolt right up to her when she's on her lead but to have dogs acting like that off lead is unacceptable tbh.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
40 minutes ago, Rizzo said:
20210629_171610.thumb.jpg.0d5ff7af3cbbb9ef01760cdc7d15135a.jpg

This is something that annoys me so much, people that walk their dogs off lead when their recall is practically non existent. Luckily our dog is friendly because the amount of dogs that bolt right up to her when she's on her lead but to have dogs acting like that off lead is unacceptable tbh.

Aye, we walk Morse on his lead 100% of the time as his recall and overall engagement with us just isn't there yet. He would definately run up to other dogs but even he wouldn't be as bad as these two were I don't think. He managed to escape our previous dog walker once and was caught again after he went over and stood by an on-lead dog that was out with its owner but didn't actually get in its space. 

Aye, we walk Morse on his lead 100% of the time as his recall and overall engagement with us just isn't there yet. He would definately run up to other dogs but even he wouldn't be as bad as these two were I don't think. He managed to escape our previous dog walker once and was caught again after he went over and stood by an on-lead dog that was out with its owner but didn't actually get in its space. 
Aye that's what Luna is like, knows exactly what you're asking her to do but being part husky she has a tendency to just ignore commands unless she's hungry hence why she's on a lead 100% of the time.