SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:
Have you got a link? 
He's got a few kongs but they're for burying treats in. 

Bought it from the pet shop in North Berwick not online but it was shaped as a turkey if that's any help.

Screenshot_2021-04-25-22-18-56-86.thumb.jpg.34766eb47933699ca233f91c8682ef51.jpg

If that's what you mean I'll be ordering the duck. 

Cheers loon. 

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Type of dog do we think this is?

From Romania and they have no idea 

Screenshot_20210430-101339_Facebook.jpg

These Eastern European street dogs are pretty much always a mixed bag.

Morse's DNA results were 12% Doberman, 12% St.Bernard, 12% Hungarian Vizsla and 64% f**k-knows.

Probably safe to label as a medium/large mixed breed. 

12 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

These Eastern European street dogs are pretty much always a mixed bag.

Morse's DNA results were 12% Doberman, 12% St.Bernard, 12% Hungarian Vizsla and 64% f**k-knows.

Probably safe to label as a medium/large mixed breed. 

We have been told small / medium haha ah well 

5 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

We have been told small / medium haha ah well 

The rescue folk probably have more of an idea of how big he/she is going to get tbf. I would certainly be banking on more of the medium size bracket if the options were medium and small. Do you know how old the wee one is?

22 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

The rescue folk probably have more of an idea of how big he/she is going to get tbf. I would certainly be banking on more of the medium size bracket if the options were medium and small. Do you know how old the wee one is?

Around 4 months old 

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Around 4 months old 

Our dog Skye is medium sized and was a total looney when we got her.

She was certainly manageable in the sense she was never going to pull one of us over by pulling on the lead.

Was at dobbies today, and met a lovely old English sheepdog called Madison. Just happened to be the dog from the current dulux advert. Absolute beauty of a dog.

Don't mean to bring the thread down somewhat, but my dog Archie pulled up while running a couple weeks back. Next day, fine. Thought nothing of it. One night last week he starts limping a little again on the same back leg and can't settle at night. Crying alot and panting. Next day its off to the vet, diagnosis of a possible ruptured hamstring but he also found a lump on his leg. Vet wouldnt really say what he thought the lump could be so I knew it wouldn't be good. So anti inflammatories and see if the lump and swelling goes down.

So back to the vet today and lump still the same size, approximately the size of a mandarin. Can't see it or feel it easily because its on the inside of his leg/groin and hes got a thick coat. So hes booked in on Friday to be put under and checked over and samples taken. No sooner as I get him home and head back to work, the Mrs calls me saying he's got what looks like bruising on his belly back to the leg. Id never noticed it before. Vet didn't really think there's any point of bringing him in before Friday when I called back to explain. 

So we're basically in absolute fucking tatters because our family pet might be on the way out and he's only 6.

If you are reading this and have your doggo next to you, give the smelly b*****d a scratch or a cuddle or whatever because you don't know how quickly things could turn and its fucking horrendous. 

7 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

No sooner as I get him home and head back to work, the Mrs calls me saying he's got what looks like bruising on his belly back to the leg. Id never noticed it before.

Is it maybe just a hematoma?

Sure it causes a lump/bruising, and isn't generally serious I dont think.

Fingers crossed hes fine, I've owned our wee dog 2 years now and have spent the whole time terrified of the day he leaves.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is it maybe just a hematoma?

Sure it causes a lump/bruising, and isn't generally serious I dont think.

Fingers crossed hes fine, I've owned our wee dog 2 years now and have spent the whole time terrified of the day he leaves.

Thanks man, I just have a horrible gut feeling I can't shake.

Ive no idea, but its a very large area and its all gone a scary purple / deep red blood colour. I've read dogs don't bruise unless its a serious trauma or internal bleeding so dosent seem good. 

Yeah, the worst thing is thinking about the end.

Edited by mishtergrolsch