SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Anyone got much experience adopting from Dogs Trust? Been contemplating getting a dog for a while and seen one that ticks all the boxes on their website. 

My first dog we got from the springer spaniel rescue which is a bit like dogs trust but just for springer spaniels. However our second spaniel was from dogs trust in Glasgow.The process was fairly simple at the time but you’re going back about 12 years now.Lovely dog,lovely temperament and she lived till she was 8. 

4 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Anyone got much experience adopting from Dogs Trust? Been contemplating getting a dog for a while and seen one that ticks all the boxes on their website. 

I rescued one from them in October, I got very lucky as they don't often have mutts suitable for kids come on.

You'll need to send photos of your garden and be prepared to go and meet the dog a few times.

15 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We adopted two dogs from them in 2012 and then 2013. Process was fairly straightforward although I got the impression we were helped by the fact we already had a dog (we weren't asked for a home check, just a vet reference to say our current dog was up to date with vaccinations). 

Both the dogs we adopted were older, had been well loved and were the victims of unfortunate circumstances so they were bother really good, and slotted into life at our house no bother. One was too old to insure when we adopted her so the Dogs Trust paid all of her vet bills while we had her (she only lived two years sadly).

jake & sansa (19).jpg

On 24/05/2023 at 18:25, Lucyintheskywithdiamonds said:

However our second spaniel was from dogs trust in Glasgow.The process was fairly simple at the time but you’re going back about 12 years now.Lovely dog,lovely temperament and she lived till she was 8. 

On 24/05/2023 at 18:39, RH33 said:

I rescued one from them in October, I got very lucky as they don't often have mutts suitable for kids come on.

14 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Both the dogs we adopted were older, had been well loved and were the victims of unfortunate circumstances so they were bother really good, and slotted into life at our house no bother. One was too old to insure when we adopted her so the Dogs Trust paid all of her vet bills while we had her (she only lived two years sadly).

jake & sansa (19).jpg

Cheers all, the dog I was looking at seems to have disappeared off the website already sadly. Would prefer to adopt rather than get a puppy but see how things go. 

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Cheers all, the dog I was looking at seems to have disappeared off the website already sadly. Would prefer to adopt rather than get a puppy but see how things go. 

I've ended up adopting two, the money for puppy's just now is ridiculous. I've been very lucky. Lab came to us via Shugs dog walker. Owner just didn't want her any more. She's well trained but I think partly through fear. Flinches if your arm moves too quickly and is scared of men.

Shug was given up as owner couldn't look after any more. Again well trained and a good lad. 

We've always had rescue dogs after our springer died at 16, used to go to Munlochy rescue. Had a few characters! Molly the bearded Collie who liked the floor when you used a stick blender. Ben the collie whos idea of being a sheep dog was to snooze in field while they grazed around him!

Morse passed his search dog introduction course and progressses to the next stage of his training. We've to work on getting him excited about playing with toys as a lost dog isn't going to give him a box of chicken when he finds it. 

He had to go home sick before we finished with a bit of a dodgy gut and then threw up in the car when OH was in the garage.

The car wash guys can have fun with that tomorrow.

received_765834311849428.jpeg

IMG-20230527-WA0003.jpg

17 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Morse passed his search dog introduction course and progressses to the next stage of his training. We've to work on getting him excited about playing with toys as a lost dog isn't going to give him a box of chicken when he finds it. 

He had to go home sick before we finished with a bit of a dodgy gut and then threw up in the car when OH was in the garage.

The car wash guys can have fun with that tomorrow.

received_765834311849428.jpeg

IMG-20230527-WA0003.jpg

Unless that lost dog's Paul Gascoigne.