SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Bert sporting his new collar, after a wash following a roll about in a decomposing porpoise on the beach.  

IMG-20230512-WA0016.thumb.jpg.236fbe051c9b0435f1f248348f3393fc.jpg

Decomposing porpoise is a whole new level of disgusting. Well done Bert!

Somewhat dissapointed you didn't attempt to volley it back out to sea in proper P&B fashion though.

15 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

We are going on holiday to Lanzarote tomorrow and didn't want to put Buddy in kennels,but i am glad to say my wife's best friend wants to watch him for us.

I've got the opposite issue whereby we were forced into booking a kennel space, although it turns out that I'll unexpectedly be home, but my other half still wants him to go so not to cheese of the kennels people that we've never used before (but may need to in future).   Maybe best just to pay them for doing nothing. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've got the opposite issue whereby we were forced into booking a kennel space, although it turns out that I'll unexpectedly be home, but my other half still wants him to go so not to cheese of the kennels people that we've never used before (but may need to in future).   Maybe best just to pay them for doing nothing. 

Wife in kennel and lads weekend with the dog is the only reasonable solution. 

Shug's dog walkers were asked if they knew of anyone who would take a female 3 year old lab.....

Shug isn't all out anti but obviously his space has been invaded, advice on next few days from those who've introduced new dog to fold?

IMG_20230513_054623634.jpg

IMG-20230512-WA0054.jpeg

IMG-20230512-WA0073.jpeg

Edited by RH33

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

Shug's dog walkers were asked if they knew of anyone who would take j. A female 3 year old lab.....

Shug isn't all out anti but obviously his space has been invaded, advice on next few days from those who've introduced new dog to fold?

IMG_20230513_054623634.jpg

IMG-20230512-WA0054.jpeg

IMG-20230512-WA0073.jpeg

They'll settle down fine once they suss each other out and get used to the idea of living together. Just make sure they have separate beds to go to for some chill out time and remove opportunities for either of them to start guarding stuff (no toys lying around, feed separately for first wee while etc).

She's a pretty one though, good for Shug picking up a nice young yin for himself!

Last year around this time I gave a crow a bit of a dog treat and he/she would meet me at the same place everyday and follow me for part of our walk, about a month ago he reappeared and follows us right round the park, yesterday a woman asked if the crow was with me I replied yes, she laughed as if I was joking so I bent down with a treat in my hand and he took it, the woman was suitably impressed, I feel like I should name the crow, any suggestions?

PhotoGrid_Plus_1683975686592.jpg

3 hours ago, Rizzo said:

They'll settle down fine once they suss each other out and get used to the idea of living together. Just make sure they have separate beds to go to for some chill out time and remove opportunities for either of them to start guarding stuff (no toys lying around, feed separately for first wee while etc).

She's a pretty one though, good for Shug picking up a nice young yin for himself!

Aye the Rupert Murdoch of the dog world! She slept in her bed last night so that's good as he's sleeps on......well in...under the duvet at times! 

Had them both out at 6am, was visiting a friend this morning, her mum passed yesterday so suggested a walk. Left shug at home to have some chill time.

Had a flash point earlier as she tried to mount him 🙈😂

2 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Last year around this time I gave a crow a bit of a dog treat and he/she would meet me at the same place everyday and follow me for part of our walk, about a month ago he reappeared and follows us right round the park, yesterday a woman asked if the crow was with me I replied yes, she laughed as if I was joking so I bent down with a treat in my hand and he took it, the woman was suitably impressed, I feel like I should name the crow, any suggestions?

PhotoGrid_Plus_1683975686592.jpg

Call him Bar.

By f**k the rescue centres don't make it hard for you to rehome a dog do they, they constantly say they are reaching capacity etc yet when you show an interest in the dog, the fact you had a sneezing fit in 2003 goes against you lol

(seriously though, we'd love to give another dog as long as possible in a good home, just getting one is really difficult and the missus is struggling as she was so used to having finn with her during the day all the time) 

43 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

By f**k the rescue centres don't make it hard for you to rehome a dog do they, they constantly say they are reaching capacity etc yet when you show an interest in the dog, the fact you had a sneezing fit in 2003 goes against you lol

(seriously though, we'd love to give another dog as long as possible in a good home, just getting one is really difficult and the missus is struggling as she was so used to having finn with her during the day all the time) 

https://help2rehome.com/about-us

Might be worth keeping an eye on. My mum's friend has been turned.down by SSPCA and Dogs trust as although garden secure it's shared!

27 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Cheers mate, will do 

Various folk rescue from Spain and Romania but I'm always wary.

We were at a park earlier and some w****r had a wee Pitbull looking thing with clipped ears. 😡

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

If an retired racing greyhound would be of interest, you could try https://www.homes4hounds.org/available-greyhounds.

Janice is very good at matching the available dogs with the right home.

We got our jast 3 dogs through her - here are the current two

eddie and percy.jpg