SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

1 hour ago, btb said:

Sorry if this has been answered before but do any of P&Bs dog whisperers know why my dog will routinely ignore the water in his bowl and drink from the small puddles that form in the back garden?

Thanks!

Is it maybe colder water maybe, if the water in his bowl has been lying a bit it might be too warm for him

46 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Is it maybe colder water maybe, if the water in his bowl has been lying a bit it might be too warm for him

Maybe warmer if the puddles sitting in the sun - but yeah, temperature sounds plausible.

Rushed this one to the emergency vets last night only for her to stage a miraculous recovery just before we got in the door. The vet had come out to the car after OH described what was going on over the phone and the wee bitch bounced out the car wanting a play. Took her gigantic injection and thermometer up the bum like a champ and just wanted mpre play time and cuddles from the vet afterward.

Her symptoms were very strange, I had taken her out first thing for an hour before work and she was fine then. The dog walker took her out at about 11am for a very short walk and she was Ok then too but when I came home she was firing from both ends and very quiet. Wasn't for eating anything and at 8pm gingerly climbed up onto the sofa, leaned into me and started shaking and crying. 

Turned out she'd had a reaction to a packet of hamster treats she'd gotten hold of and scoffed in the morning and is back to normal today. Just as well it was payday yesterday. OH sent us a rare team photo as well.

IMG-20230330-WA0007.jpg

Edited by Rizzo

4 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Rushed this one to the emergency vets last night only for her to stage a miraculous recovery just before we got in the door. The vet had come out to the car after OH described what was going on over the phone and the wee bitch bounced out the car wanting a play. Took her gigantic injection and thermometer up the bum like a champ and just wanted mpre play time and cuddles from the vet afterward.

Her symptoms were very strange, I had taken her out first thing for an hour before work and she was fine then. The dog walker took her out at about 11am for a very short walk and she was Ok then too but when I came home she was firing from both ends and very quiet. Wasn't for eating anything and at 8pm gingerly climbed up onto the sofa, leaned into me and started shaking and crying. 

Turned out she'd had a reaction to a packet of hamster treats she'd gotten hold of and scoffed in the morning and is back to normal today. Just as well it was payday yesterday. OH sent us a rare team photo as well.

IMG-20230330-WA0007.jpg

Superb mate, fucking murder when they get stuff they shouldn't lol

11 hours ago, btb said:

Sorry if this has been answered before but do any of P&Bs dog whisperers know why my dog will routinely ignore the water in his bowl and drink from the small puddles that form in the back garden?

Thanks!

Cooper doesn't go near his bowl downstairs, that we are aware of, when we go upstairs to bed he waits at his bowl in the room until my wife pours a little out her glass for him.

20 hours ago, btb said:

Thanks!

Maybe tastes better to them than water that's been treated with chloride or whatever it is they use?

3 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Maybe tastes better to them than water that's been treated with chloride or whatever it is they use?

Did a brief look elsewhere and limescale in the water was another suggestion - but yeah dirt stew may be yummy for some dogs..

For the pedants, yeah I know Scotland water is "soft" and low on limewater.