SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^^ A 'ropey' ??? Whit sort of nonsense is this ?

It's called a 'tarzan', my good fellow.

I actually thought that dug was disembowelling Mrs. Ranter for a minute.......................................

For those brought up in the shadow of the rock, it's a ropey, sorry.

I've got a video of it on my business page, and the rottie is actually swinging too, at one point. No mean feat for her jaw muscles, considering the weight she is.

12 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

For those brought up in the shadow of the rock, it's a ropey, sorry.

I've got a video of it on my business page, and the rottie is actually swinging too, at one point. No mean feat for her jaw muscles, considering the weight she is.

That's no way to speak about your wife.

Hi folks, I knew nowt of this thread until this morning. To be honest I usually only post with comments regarding all things Dundee FC.

Our world changed direction for the worst on Saturday when our beautiful companion, a fourteen and a half year old Shih Tzu named Bailey died after a short illness with a quite aggressive cancer Lymphona.

Such a gentle personality, beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside, difficult to measure or explain the grief we are experiencing.

Anyway, felt the need to celebrate her by posting a few snaps as reading the posts on here really brightened my day.

Thank you for reading, all the best.

20191221_105901.thumb.jpg.848a68aaaa1d8b0d0fe1fdf9b671029d.jpg20201230_093140.thumb.jpg.d89e5f2f9d825553e6b68bb3af4b6cce.jpg

Does anyone use a dog walker? I did my ankle just before Christmas, think I probably ditched the boot and have been doing more than I should on it. Could hardly walk on it on Saturday.

What I've not been able to do is get shug out for a good long walk at leasr once a week. He's a lazy thing and he is out daily for laps of block and kids take him down to local park but I've been in touch with someone today as think it's a bit unfair. 

Not sure point of post, pointers to what I should ask/look for @stevieKTID?

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Does anyone use a dog walker? I did my ankle just before Christmas, think I probably ditched the boot and have been doing more than I should on it. Could hardly walk on it on Saturday.

What I've not been able to do is get shug out for a good long walk at leasr once a week. He's a lazy thing and he is out daily for laps of block and kids take him down to local park but I've been in touch with someone today as think it's a bit unfair. 

10 hours ago, RH33 said:

We've had good and bad experiences with dog walkers.

Millie goes out with our dog trainer (who also does group dog walks) and Skye and Morse go out with his wife. They are both very good at maintaining calm within a group of dogs. Millie gets 2× 2 hour adventure/training walks while Morse and Skye get 2 x 1 hour group walk a week (Morse is waiting on a space opening up for the same walks as Millie).

We did have another chap who we employed largely because he was our mate at the time. He was a young guy who I think thought dog walking would be an easy enough earner but underestimated how tricky it can be especially with groups of dogs. We parted company after he decided, for some reason, to take Morse's lead off and allow him to walk up the garden path to the house (this was about 6 months after we got him). I got a panicked message when I was at work one day telling me to ring as soon as I could. It turned out Morse had taken himself on a world tour of Camelon and Tamfourhill but he'd managed to recapture him by then. We'd done a virginton and been VERY specific about Morse never being off-lead. I might have forgiven it if it had been an accident, but he'd been getting kind of unreliable anyway.

Not sure I can offer that many pointers but I'd be asking how dogs are transported for a walk (often a condition of insurance that dogs are secured in crates if there are multiple dogs). There seems to be a fair few cowboys in the industry these days too so definately check out reviews.

11 hours ago, RH33 said:

Can only echo what @Rizzo has said.

Do your research and go with an experienced walker, preferably someone that's going to come to meet you and your dog beforehand, that way you can see if you and your dog like and trust the person, we always send potential new clients a questionnaire so we have a bit of background ( and hope they're being honest ) then we go and meet the dog and the owners, as previously mentioned be very specific as to what you want, a handy tip might be to get a GPS tracker so if the worst happens you can track their movements - from experience some dogs will act slightly differently when out with a new person I always keep new dogs on leash until I'm certain there's a mutual trust.

@Boghead ranter might be able to provide some extra information.

Edited by stevieKTID