SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

Shug's got to go back to dogs trust today to get his baws off.

I offered to get it done by a vet (partly because uddingston at 8.30am is a pain in ass) but also to free up their vet time, but it's their policy they neuter all Thier dogs.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Shug's got to go back to dogs trust today to get his baws off.

I offered to get it done by a vet (partly because uddingston at 8.30am is a pain in ass) but also to free up their vet time, but it's their policy they neuter all Thier dogs.

Millie has to get dressed at some point as well, luckily the SSPCA were alright with us getting it done at our own vets.

6 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Millie has to get dressed at some point as well, luckily the SSPCA were alright with us getting it done at our own vets.

He's home with no baws and off his tits. I mentioned his skin tag and they took it off too.

Really impressed with Dogs trust, they know their dogs really well and make sure they're going to the right homes. Someone was in arranging her second/third and potentially fourth meet with a dog making sure it was right for everyone.

Shug's asleep having staggered across kitchen! 

On 07/11/2022 at 14:56, RH33 said:

He's home with no baws and off his tits. I mentioned his skin tag and they took it off too.

Really impressed with Dogs trust, they know their dogs really well and make sure they're going to the right homes. Someone was in arranging her second/third and potentially fourth meet with a dog making sure it was right for everyone.

Shug's asleep having staggered across kitchen! 

I've always sung the praises of The Dogs Trust, had two dogs from them and they were both exactly as described.

Upsets me to see their posts on Facebook constantly trolled by the It'S iMPosSIbLe tO AdoPT FrOm DoGS TruSt crowd.

Had a couple of god-awful training sessions on the bounce with this wee moron, so decided to give it a miss last night in amongst discussion with OH on whether maybe three is too many, have we perhaps bitten off more than we can chew.

Spent the entirity of last night cuddled up with one of us on the sofa. 🙄

20221108_183516.jpg

19 hours ago, Rizzo said:

I've always sung the praises of The Dogs Trust, had two dogs from them and they were both exactly as described.

Upsets me to see their posts on Facebook constantly trolled by the It'S iMPosSIbLe tO AdoPT FrOm DoGS TruSt crowd.

Had a couple of god-awful training sessions on the bounce with this wee moron, so decided to give it a miss last night in amongst discussion with OH on whether maybe three is too many, have we perhaps bitten off more than we can chew.

Spent the entirity of last night cuddled up with one of us on the sofa. 🙄

20221108_183516.jpg

She's young and had a difficult start, she needs experienced owners like yourselves who will get there with her. You know yourself rescues take a bit more time to settle. Is class just over stimulating her?

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

She's young and had a difficult start, she needs experienced owners like yourselves who will get there with her. You know yourself rescues take a bit more time to settle. Is class just over stimulating her?

That's the thing, it's not even a class we're going to. We have 1-1 sessions with a trainer and then we send him progress videos which he feeds back on throughout the week. This was literally just us round the back of the house on a quiet street trying to teach her to walk to heel. 🤣

I am wondering whether the fireworks on Saturday night maybe had something to do with her being so unsettled in the following days. We got caught out walking the three of them somewhere we had thought would be safe but turned out not to be.

Skye and Morse were fine but Millie utterly lost her shit and bark-screamed all the way home. In hindsight we should have just not walked them that day.

She seemed to really struggle over Sunday and Monday, but has settled more over the last couple of nights.

Got another session with our trainer on Saturday so will see what he thinks. She's lots better in the house at least, but her and Morse still try to have a carry on at every opportunity.

I vaguely remember Morse being an utter bellend until he hit 28ish months and the adolescent stage being a real shock to our systems after only ever adopting dogs that were 9+ years old and knew how the world worked. 🤣