SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

4 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I'm so wary about buying a pup from some dodge breeder. Know all the things check. I'd love to rescue but with a 9 & 11 yr old in house who aren't the most dog confident it'll need be a pup.

Also some the prices are ridiculous.

Prices for some breeds are mad, we saw £2500 for a Lab puppy, bonkers. The Kennel Club website is good for pointing out everything you need to know when buying, and will also give you an idea of a fair price to pay. Pets4Homes is also pretty good.

Good luck

14 minutes ago, Flatulent Gannet said:

Prices for some breeds are mad, we saw £2500 for a Lab puppy, bonkers. The Kennel Club website is good for pointing out everything you need to know when buying, and will also give you an idea of a fair price to pay. Pets4Homes is also pretty good.

Good luck

I've seen some collie/cocker I think so hoping to maybe visit them at weekend. 

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

£400 well spent when we got Renton but his younger brothers and sisters have cost folk several times that amount. I’ve told him I was happy to pay a few hundred quid for him but wouldn’t have handed over much more than that.

image.thumb.jpeg.015a8b46ab3c778528d589f44369d289.jpeg

Tight Fife git.! 

30 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

£400 well spent when we got Renton but his younger brothers and sisters have cost folk several times that amount. I’ve told him I was happy to pay a few hundred quid for him but wouldn’t have handed over much more than that.

Just get a retired greyhound and have my old bat shove it in the wash; there's very little she can't shrink. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Rent's sugar frosting is almost as good as Skye's.

In fairness she was going grey at 4yo.

22 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I love Renton. 

Puppy prices are insane just now, sensible head needs keep the cash to sort house.

11 hours ago, HI HAT said:

If your looking for a well bred pup try the guide dog people, not all their pups are deemed suitable so they might be able to help.  Or the dogs trust might be able to help. 

My girls arent most confident around dogs or I'd rescue. I'm going to wait until year in house.

The Dogs Trust do prioritise folk with children when they wind up with litters of very young pups if that's any help. It might be worth getting in touch as we've always found them to be pretty good at matching dogs to our household. Not sure if the SSPCA do the same, but it'd make sense because we had no luck applying for the proper puppy puppies when we were looking earlier in the year.

We have been chosen to go and meet a dog at dogs trust who is fine with primary aged kids.

He's 9 and seems just to have become too much for I'll owner, he's in a foster home just now and they feedback that he's a chilled lad.

Same age as my youngest. 

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

We have been chosen to go and meet a dog at dogs trust who is fine with primary aged kids.

He's 9 and seems just to have become too much for I'll owner, he's in a foster home just now and they feedback that he's a chilled lad.

Same age as my youngest. 

Hope it goes well, when's the meeting?