SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

Had Archie down to Edinburgh again today to get his new Metronomic chemotherapy medication. Its a newer drug and supposed to help stop formation of cancer cells and slow any growth down - and there's another tablet that is supposed to make him pish it out so there's no build up of nasty stuff in his bladder.

Hes been doing well and fingers crossed this gear will keep him here a while longer - he battled through the initial operation and chemo and it would mean the world to us if hes sitting with us, healthy and happy, at Christmas.

On 02/10/2021 at 15:20, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Finally got a photo of Missy with her trophies from the Summer Fair. She's also won a "Pamper Session" with a local groomer, so hopefully she can get that beard tidied up..63c04aaa0b6bb3c3254cba971c9223df.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Missy looks like an entirely different breed from my mate's labradoodle.

white-labradoodle-on-grass.jpeg

Our two at a secure dog field last week. Had really hoped we'd have been further forward with Morse's training by now but by f**k he seems determined to take one step forward and two steps back at every turn.

I wish it were possible to communicate to him that he'd be able to enjoy himself more if he didn't insist on being a twat.

FB_IMG_1633293190540.jpg

FB_IMG_1633293196453.jpg

12 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Our two at a secure dog field last week. Had really hoped we'd have been further forward with Morse's training by now but by f**k he seems determined to take one step forward and two steps back at every turn.

I wish it were possible to communicate to him that he'd be able to enjoy himself more if he didn't insist on being a twat.

FB_IMG_1633293190540.jpg

FB_IMG_1633293196453.jpg

Going through exactly the same with my German Shepherd at the moment.  Hoping it's just a phase.

22 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Missy looks like an entirely different breed from my mate's labradoodle.

white-labradoodle-on-grass.jpeg

She's just four months, and the curls are just starting to appear. It's started with a fringe to her ears, a proper beard, and a wee frown line mark on her face. After a long walk in the pissing rain on Saturday, her back and tail have started to look as if they're going to be curly, and the "feathers" on her legs are more pronounced. Looking forward to her being all dreadlocked-up by the time the back field round our way enters its annual swamp phase. Can't wait - especially as she sees towels as tug-of-war equipment rather than a way of getting dry.

Your mates dog looks quality, mind.

5 hours ago, Left Back said:

Going through exactly the same with my German Shepherd at the moment.  Hoping it's just a phase.

What age is your boy? Morse is 2 and a half and we've never had such a young dog before. All of Our previous dogs have been older when we adopted them and already trained.

It his prey drive that is the problem for me. I couldn't see us getting into too much bother if he mauled a rabbit or squirrel or something but he's been showing some worrying behaviour toward smaller dogs as well so there's zero chance of him getting off-lead in the near future.

49 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

What age is your boy? Morse is 2 and a half and we've never had such a young dog before. All of Our previous dogs have been older when we adopted them and already trained.

It his prey drive that is the problem for me. I couldn't see us getting into too much bother if he mauled a rabbit or squirrel or something but he's been showing some worrying behaviour toward smaller dogs as well so there's zero chance of him getting off-lead in the near future.

She’s only 6 months.  High prey drive that all Sheps have.  With the amount of sheep where I live it’s a concern.  Trying to get her to the state my older Lab is where he totally ignores sheep, cows and horses. He got it quite quickly but then he was about 5 when we moved out to the country and a lot more focused/bidable than a 6 month old pup.

Reunited with my girls yesterday, their owners took early retirement sold all their stuff and have been touring Europe for the last 3 years, they are loving life on the road, they come back every year for a visit, great seeing them and had a lovely wander through the dunes, the little Boston terrier is struggling she going blind and has arthritis i got a bit emotional as her best days are behind her, this was done on my own time so I didn't get paid for this walk😁

Dogs eh, they're f**king brilliant.

PhotoGrid_Plus_1633422351105.jpg