SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

19 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

That's rotten, you've got plenty time to spoil him at least and he might surprise you (and the vet). Such a shame that there isn't much more they can do. :(

When our girl had her tumor grow back after the debulk op we had a fortnight with her and that was it. Our vet did say to us that the type of tumor was really aggressive and only amputation would have given us much more time. Sadly her tumor was in her neck so not an option for us. She took a week to recover properly from the op but we only got another week or so after that.

I think she had every kind of butcher's meat slow cooked to perfection that week. The last photo of her I got was her peering round the door waiting on her pork sausages on the dreaded morning.

WP_20140226_001.jpg

f**k sake. That’s me greeting now.

On 25/05/2021 at 22:46, Robin.Hood said:

On his way. Should arrive in England from Romania on Friday.

Nervous as f**k 

IMG-20210525-WA0066.jpg

Was meant to arrive at 5.30pm. Was a delay the Euro tunnel which added extra time. Then just last half hour has been a crash on the m6. They are 20 minutes away at Stafford so will be long trek home. No clue when he will get here. Emotions everywhere. Mrs n her pal still seem in good spirits. 

90 minute delay 😒

Edited by Robin.Hood

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Sorry to hear that man. Must be a horrible thing to go through. Genuinely heartbreaking stuff. 

Always a PM away if you're needing to vent. 

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Sorry to hear that mate

Thanks guys 👍

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

That's rotten, you've got plenty time to spoil him at least and he might surprise you (and the vet). Such a shame that there isn't much more they can do. :(

When our girl had her tumor grow back after the debulk op we had a fortnight with her and that was it. Our vet did say to us that the type of tumor was really aggressive and only amputation would have given us much more time. Sadly her tumor was in her neck so not an option for us. She took a week to recover properly from the op but we only got another week or so after that.

I think she had every kind of butcher's meat slow cooked to perfection that week. The last photo of her I got was her peering round the door waiting on her pork sausages on the dreaded morning.

WP_20140226_001.jpg

Thats a great picture! Heartbreaking story though, will admit I shed a tear reading that and not just because I'm emotionally compromised right now.

And thats the plan mate - I've already had a word with him and if he's going before his time then I want him to prove the vet wrong and make it to a year so we can spoil him absolutely rotten. Let him go out on a high full of his favourite food and as many good memories as possible with him.

On 28/05/2021 at 17:53, mishtergrolsch said:

Had our appointment for Archie today and its not really gone well. The Vets at the University in Edinburgh were honestly amazing and I can't speak highly enough of the vet we had today.

Unfortunately for our wee pal, he needs his leg amputated then chemotherapy. Even at that the prognosis is only 9 months. 

Devastated isn't the word, but at least he's not going to be in pain in the short term for now.

Ach that bollocks news, sorry to hear it. What can you do but make the most of whatever time you have left with the wee guy. Similar to Rizzo, my boy had an aggressive cancer and we unfortunately only had a few weeks after the op, but I have fond memories of trips to the beach and sharing fish suppers with him before then. 

4 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

5 month old Hunter.

Kennel cough - been telt honey 

Has some tics - taken off 2 so far. 3 more to go. 

20210529_164514.jpg

Is he a bit scared?

Morse is still an utter shitebag although he's a lot better than he was.

10 hours ago, s_dog said:

Ach that bollocks news, sorry to hear it. What can you do but make the most of whatever time you have left with the wee guy. Similar to Rizzo, my boy had an aggressive cancer and we unfortunately only had a few weeks after the op, but I have fond memories of trips to the beach and sharing fish suppers with him before then. 

Exactly. Im now getting my head around the fact that we might not have caught this when we did and lost him within weeks rather than getting the best part of a year like we hopefully will. And he'll be fine as a tripod!

Its horrible knowing they're on the way out but as long as they're getting fish suppers and butcher meat thrown at them while not in pain then they're happier than Larry. 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

There will be points where you want to murder the dog but in the main, your point is true. 

Yup this morning he started some Chewing but seems to be fine other than that. Seeing n being on grass for first time is a joy to watch. 

Kept it off for years getting a dog . Used the excuse of bairns were young. All good now. Tears have been had. Mental 

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Seeing n being on grass for first time is a joy to watch. 

Their first experience of stuff is outstanding. Wish I'd videoed the first time our dog arrived. First time he'd felt carpet so he just lay down on his belly and shuffled everywhere like some weird slug with a weird grin 😂

He's taught himself how to arrange things on the couch now too. For some reason he gets really static when on it, so he now moves pillows and covers about to create a wee den of sorts he can lie on which stops him giving you electric shocks.

20210525_234604.thumb.jpg.60f0eb12a5911ce672e12ab8e7740b13.jpg