SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

17 minutes ago, RH33 said:

All the good ones have waiting lists. Even before the pandemic my pal was.two years on list for oed.

Got another one to visit this week, in Fife.  Not a professional breeder but a family dog that has been bred.  We’ll see how that pans out but I’m more hopeful.  They’ve been asking us about our house and environment and stuff.  All the things the owners wanting their puppies going to a good home would ask.

Looking for some advice.  We went to see a potential new puppy this evening but  something seems weird.  We only got to see the one puppy (in the front garden of this house) and the dog was held all the time.  The breeder wouldn’t even let me put the pup on the ground saying he hadn’t been vaccinated and foxes could have been in the garden spreading parvovirus.  They’re pushing back on letting us see the rest of the litter and the mum saying we can’t go through to the garden due to coronavirus regulations.  They want to send us videos instead.
Am I right to be alarmed here or is this how legitimate breeders are acting during the pandemic?
Walk away and report the suspicious behaviour

So we've got an appointment for the doggo on Friday at the Royal Dick Vet School in Edinburgh for scans and a biopsy. Hes in a bit more pain than he was a few days ago, limping quite a bit now and is on slightly stronger pain killers as the tumour has gotten larger.

Friday can't come quick enough.

Sorry for bringing the thread down in mood somewhat, just feel the need to get it off my chest!

5 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

So we've got an appointment for the doggo on Friday at the Royal Dick Vet School in Edinburgh for scans and a biopsy. Hes in a bit more pain than he was a few days ago, limping quite a bit now and is on slightly stronger pain killers as the tumour has gotten larger.

Friday can't come quick enough.

Sorry for bringing the thread down in mood somewhat, just feel the need to get it off my chest!

Is he on any meds from the vet? Jake got put on a steroid after the usual non-steroidal anti-inflammatory didn't really do anything for him.

9 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Is he on any meds from the vet? Jake got put on a steroid after the usual non-steroidal anti-inflammatory didn't really do anything for him.

Yeah he's on gabapentin and loxicom from the vet which seems to be keeping him out of pain for the most part. Just seems to make him sleepy.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Yeah he's on gabapentin and loxicom from the vet which seems to be keeping him out of pain for the most part. Just seems to make him sleepy.

Loxicom is a pretty mild anti inflammatory. Hope he gets on OK on Friday, fingers crossed!🤞

On 18/05/2021 at 22:12, Left Back said:

Got another one to visit this week, in Fife.  Not a professional breeder but a family dog that has been bred.  We’ll see how that pans out but I’m more hopeful.  They’ve been asking us about our house and environment and stuff.  All the things the owners wanting their puppies going to a good home would ask.

Best of luck with your second appointment, this may be useful and give some advice but I think it's sensible to walk away from the first.

https://www.tsscot.co.uk/priority-areas/illicit-puppy-trade/

On 24/05/2021 at 17:21, mishtergrolsch said:

Thanks man, appreciate it. I'm trying to keep as hopeful as I can be.

f**k cancer.

Lost my dog last year with cancer. I was surprised the vet was reasonably positive, unfortunately the 50/50 success rate of treatment didn't work out in the end, but don't get too disheartened until you know what the options are. Good luck.

1 hour ago, s_dog said:

Lost my dog last year with cancer. I was surprised the vet was reasonably positive, unfortunately the 50/50 success rate of treatment didn't work out in the end, but don't get too disheartened until you know what the options are. Good luck.

Thanks @s_dog, sorry to hear about your dog. Its mental how these little fuckers become an integral part of the family and cause you no end of anxiety and stress when somethings wrong.

I was saying to the Mrs today that if he does come back from this ill carry him absolutely everywhere 🤣

Had our appointment for Archie today and its not really gone well. The Vets at the University in Edinburgh were honestly amazing and I can't speak highly enough of the vet we had today.

Unfortunately for our wee pal, he needs his leg amputated then chemotherapy. Even at that the prognosis is only 9 months. 

Devastated isn't the word, but at least he's not going to be in pain in the short term for now.

19 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

We've been looking after my parents' 12y/o black lab a couple of days a week for a while, again. Not the hardest dog to look after tbh emoji23.png

IMG-20210527-WA0019.jpg20210527_090444.jpg20210520_221815.jpg

My 10 year black lab has taken sofa comfort to tetris level skill. 

20210528_191027.jpg

Had our appointment for Archie today and its not really gone well. The Vets at the University in Edinburgh were honestly amazing and I can't speak highly enough of the vet we had today.

Unfortunately for our wee pal, he needs his leg amputated then chemotherapy. Even at that the prognosis is only 9 months. 

Devastated isn't the word, but at least he's not going to be in pain in the short term for now.

Sorry to hear that man. Must be a horrible thing to go through. Genuinely heartbreaking stuff. 

Always a PM away if you're needing to vent. 

That's rotten, you've got plenty time to spoil him at least and he might surprise you (and the vet). Such a shame that there isn't much more they can do. :(

When our girl had her tumor grow back after the debulk op we had a fortnight with her and that was it. Our vet did say to us that the type of tumor was really aggressive and only amputation would have given us much more time. Sadly her tumor was in her neck so not an option for us. She took a week to recover properly from the op but we only got another week or so after that.

I think she had every kind of butcher's meat slow cooked to perfection that week. The last photo of her I got was her peering round the door waiting on her pork sausages on the dreaded morning.

WP_20140226_001.jpg