SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

9 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Are these taken from your phone? 

Incredible quality. Class dugs.  What's the bulletproof vest on the first picture for? 

These were taken with my "big" camera.

Buster is quite a big name in the underground gravy bone scene and so the bullet-proof vest forms a part of his everyday wardrobe. 

10 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Rosie the dog got to go to Golspie for the first time since October at the weekend. She was very happy with this.

450f3309-5d19-4971-9790-8b9d69682828.jpg
IMG_8957.jpg
IMG_8953.jpg
IMG_8939.jpg
IMG_8938.jpg

Only downside for the bold Rosie was that mums dog Belle had to have an operation on her cruciate and has to rest for another 8 weeks, so didn’t get to see her pal. Next time though.

I'm going up in the summer. Will need to go up the Big Burn. 

So the dog had a sample taken from the lump last week and we got the results back today. Its hemangiosarcoma of the blood vessels in his leg.

The Mrs and I are utterly broken. 

We're going to phone the insurance tomorrow and discuss taking him to the vet hospital in Edinburgh to get the full extent of things. 

13 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

So the dog had a sample taken from the lump last week and we got the results back today. Its hemangiosarcoma of the blood vessels in his leg.

We're going to phone the insurance tomorrow and discuss taking him to the vet hospital in Edinburgh to get the full extent of things. 

When you mentioned it had come up quickly I was worried it might be this. My dog that I adopted before Skye succumbed to this very condition but it sprung up in her neck. Our vet did his best to debulk the tumor but it grew back within a couple of weeks and it was just slowly closing her airways. 

Hopefully the vet school will be able to suggest something. When Jake was diagnosed with his mast cell tumor it came up on one elbow and the vet mentioned if he'd been younger then he'd have had more options. Alas he was 14 at the time and it wouldn't have been fair to consider some of them. 

Believe it or not, there are quite a few options for doggy chemo but the vet school is genuinely the best place to go. There are world renowned vets working there and they have the best resources going.

Fingers crossed for you.

Gutted to hear this. Hopefully the docs will be able to do something. 

Also, are you on Instagram? @weratedogs will share pics of dogs and gofundme pages for dogs who need costly work. Mrs Mathematics is constantly giving money to owners in need via that.

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

When you mentioned it had come up quickly I was worried it might be this. My dog that I adopted before Skye succumbed to this very condition but it sprung up in her neck. Our vet did his best to debulk the tumor but it grew back within a couple of weeks and it was just slowly closing her airways. 

Hopefully the vet school will be able to suggest something. When Jake was diagnosed with his mast cell tumor it came up on one elbow and the vet mentioned if he'd been younger then he'd have had more options. Alas he was 14 at the time and it wouldn't have been fair to consider some of them. 

Believe it or not, there are quite a few options for doggy chemo but the vet school is genuinely the best place to go. There are world renowned vets working there and they have the best resources going.

Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Rizzo.

I hope there's something they can do and its not too late. Like I say, its in his back leg / hamstring area so as long as its not spread / gone into his lymph nodes etc then maybe surgery would help. Hes 6 years old and a strong wee pup.

I'm of the mind that if hes only got weeks / months left and if surgery won't give him a significant amount of time longer then I dont know if I want to put him through all that considering recovery time and rehab.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Also, are you on Instagram? @weratedogs will share pics of dogs and gofundme pages for dogs who need costly work. Mrs Mathematics is constantly giving money to owners in need via that.

Yeah, I'll check that out actually. Hes insured with M&S so should be OK but its worth keeping an eye on it anyway. Cheers!

Edited by mishtergrolsch

11 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

May word this wrong so forgive me Dog lovers . What's the best insurance to take out? So many choices and so many cover only cover certain things? Do people chop and change when the dog gets older regarding insurance?

Cheers x

It's difficult to change insurers, as they all prefer to have the dog insured for life. If there's something seriously wrong with the dog, the insurance won't cover the full cost anyway.

For the first time, we haven't insured our current dogs. Obviously we are taking the risk that they don't get away from us & cause a car crash or similar, but we've been putting away £100/month (plus an extra £500 in the "free" council tax months in Feb/March) into the dogs' savings account for the last 4 and a bit years.

Hopefully we don't have to dip into these funds any time soon...

Renton has recently learned how to drag around and reposition whatever blankets/throws/cushions he needs to get comfy during his 14 hour a night beauty sleep. He’ll then get up, have some breakfast and go get under the covers in a bedroom to sleep off his breakfast. 

124487AE-0F4D-4462-A08E-523867FCCC58.jpeg

Looking for some advice.  We went to see a potential new puppy this evening but  something seems weird.  We only got to see the one puppy (in the front garden of this house) and the dog was held all the time.  The breeder wouldn’t even let me put the pup on the ground saying he hadn’t been vaccinated and foxes could have been in the garden spreading parvovirus.  They’re pushing back on letting us see the rest of the litter and the mum saying we can’t go through to the garden due to coronavirus regulations.  They want to send us videos instead.

Am I right to be alarmed here or is this how legitimate breeders are acting during the pandemic?

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Walk away. Puppy farmed.

Apparently this has been rife over the past year.

A drug dealer in Dundee has apparently spent the past year traipsing up and down from England virtually dealing in puppies and creating a sort of ring of folk who breed them and then he sells them off. Makes him far more money than any drug dealing, and the police are far less interested in stopping it.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently this has been rife over the past year.

A drug dealer in Dundee has apparently spent the past year traipsing up and down from England virtually dealing in puppies and creating a sort of ring of folk who breed them and then he sells them off. Makes him far more money than any drug dealing, and the police are far less interested in stopping it.

Hmm.  This was in Dundee.

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Yeah.  Something not right here.  Disappointing as we’ve been looking for another dog for a while but can’t seem to find any German Shepherd breeders that don’t have waiting lists.

All the good ones have waiting lists. Even before the pandemic my pal was.two years on list for oed.