SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

I love a greybeard. Fine looking boy you've got there. 

Aye, I do like the sugar frosting they get as they get older. In saying that the only balls Skye has ever had were tennis balls. :lol: She likes to remind people of her gender by lying around the house with her legs open.

I posted a few weeks ago about Clara developing a habit of pissing everywhere, and fortunately it seemed to stop. Instead she returned to her habit of scratching at the front door if she needed out. That was until last weekend where over the course of 24 hours I have never wanted to return the pair of them so much. 

I was woken at 2 in the morning with the patter of dog paws on the front room wooden floor. Usually they are kept in the kitchen however after piss gate I was keen to hear any scratches if they needed out. After ten minutes of persistent moving about I opened the bedroom door to let them in. Daisy settled straight away, but Clara was sat up, and wouldn't relax. She seemed very sheepish, and I was a tad concerned she had done another slash. I went through into the front room and found a massive shit by the kitchen door (opposite end to the front door). I went back to the bedroom and Clara was shaking behind her sister again. A tell tale sign she was the culprit. I cleaned it up, and took them both out for a quick five minute walk round the block. Daisy was very put out I was getting her out of bed, but they both went round and did a pee each.

I put them into the kitchen and I went back to bed. Woke up a few hours later as I needed a slash, and as tempted as I was to do it on the carpet as that's apparently the done thing now, I went to the toilet. I checked in with the dogs after and was met with another shit. Again Clara gave me a look that suggested "Sorry Mr Man, I've done it again". In fairness, I didn't know 100% if it was Clara, but her general vibe suggested it was her.

Back to bed for a few hours before getting up around 8. I let them out the kitchen after inspecting for a further turd, but thankfully I had been spared a third clean up. I had a quick shower, and as I was coming out, I caught Clara by the front door squatted over doing a shit. As soon as she made eye contact she ran off, but unfortunately being mid dump made the mess somewhat worse. After cleaning up yet again I took the pair of them out, Clara did a few more dumps but on the whole seemed happy.

Five miles in and Daisy went off into the deeper forest as she often does if she picks up a scent. A few minutes passed and there were no signs of her. Usually I will rustle her treat box and give a loud whistle to get her attention but there was nothing. I knew she couldn't have gone too far, but was a bit worried. I started calling her name, and then heard her barking, but it wasn't her usual deep sound. I got Clara on her lead, and went into the forest and called her name again to try and find her, Clara though seemed to know exactly what was going on and pulled me in a different direction than I was going. A few moments later and we found Daisy lying on the ground wagging her tail. A tad confused I told her to follow us but she remained on the floor. I lifted her up and saw her front left paw was covered in blood. Now I am the first to admit I do not have a strong stomach when it comes to blood and this was pissing out. I took my sock off and wrapped it round her leg to try and stop the flow but she got pissed off with this and shook it off. I had no signal on my phone, so was a bit fucked. I put her over my shoulder (15kg) and started the walk back to the house. Clara on the lead, Daisy over my shoulder, and two bags of poo in the other hand. Every so often Daisy would push my head or face with her paw so I had a bit of dog blood across my forehead and cheek. In short, if someone saw me they'd run a mile. 

It took me two hours to get home, and I put them both into the shower. Daisy to try and clean up and find the cut, Clara so I knew where she was. I cleaned Daisy off and found the cut which was quite sizeable. She was good as gold though and didn't flinch in the slightest. As I lifted her out the shower I turned round to find Clara had done another shit in the shower. I didn't even worry about it, was past the point of caring. 

Into the car, and a trip to the vet who confirmed she had dislocated her nail and it needed to be removed. Fairly painful I imagine. Clara of course stole the show and did another poo on the floor, fortunately the Vet took a look after I explained the past few hours and said it looks like she has a bug and gave me some antibiotics for her. 

Since then though, no incidents. Daisy is still missing her nail, not sure how long it will take to replace, but it doesn't seem to affect her. The vet gave her a fetching bandit for the day (picture attached) and she milked the arse out of that, putting her paw in the air so I remembered she was hurt. Clara has been fine toilet wise, and in general seems very happy. I suspect parents of toddlers are used to this sort of thing on a daily basis, I really have no idea how you do it. 

Daisy PAw.png

15 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

I posted a few weeks ago about Clara developing a habit of pissing everywhere, and fortunately it seemed to stop. Instead she returned to her habit of scratching at the front door if she needed out. That was until last weekend where over the course of 24 hours I have never wanted to return the pair of them so much. 

I was woken at 2 in the morning with the patter of dog paws on the front room wooden floor. Usually they are kept in the kitchen however after piss gate I was keen to hear any scratches if they needed out. After ten minutes of persistent moving about I opened the bedroom door to let them in. Daisy settled straight away, but Clara was sat up, and wouldn't relax. She seemed very sheepish, and I was a tad concerned she had done another slash. I went through into the front room and found a massive shit by the kitchen door (opposite end to the front door). I went back to the bedroom and Clara was shaking behind her sister again. A tell tale sign she was the culprit. I cleaned it up, and took them both out for a quick five minute walk round the block. Daisy was very put out I was getting her out of bed, but they both went round and did a pee each.

I put them into the kitchen and I went back to bed. Woke up a few hours later as I needed a slash, and as tempted as I was to do it on the carpet as that's apparently the done thing now, I went to the toilet. I checked in with the dogs after and was met with another shit. Again Clara gave me a look that suggested "Sorry Mr Man, I've done it again". In fairness, I didn't know 100% if it was Clara, but her general vibe suggested it was her.

Back to bed for a few hours before getting up around 8. I let them out the kitchen after inspecting for a further turd, but thankfully I had been spared a third clean up. I had a quick shower, and as I was coming out, I caught Clara by the front door squatted over doing a shit. As soon as she made eye contact she ran off, but unfortunately being mid dump made the mess somewhat worse. After cleaning up yet again I took the pair of them out, Clara did a few more dumps but on the whole seemed happy.

Five miles in and Daisy went off into the deeper forest as she often does if she picks up a scent. A few minutes passed and there were no signs of her. Usually I will rustle her treat box and give a loud whistle to get her attention but there was nothing. I knew she couldn't have gone too far, but was a bit worried. I started calling her name, and then heard her barking, but it wasn't her usual deep sound. I got Clara on her lead, and went into the forest and called her name again to try and find her, Clara though seemed to know exactly what was going on and pulled me in a different direction than I was going. A few moments later and we found Daisy lying on the ground wagging her tail. A tad confused I told her to follow us but she remained on the floor. I lifted her up and saw her front left paw was covered in blood. Now I am the first to admit I do not have a strong stomach when it comes to blood and this was pissing out. I took my sock off and wrapped it round her leg to try and stop the flow but she got pissed off with this and shook it off. I had no signal on my phone, so was a bit fucked. I put her over my shoulder (15kg) and started the walk back to the house. Clara on the lead, Daisy over my shoulder, and two bags of poo in the other hand. Every so often Daisy would push my head or face with her paw so I had a bit of dog blood across my forehead and cheek. In short, if someone saw me they'd run a mile. 

It took me two hours to get home, and I put them both into the shower. Daisy to try and clean up and find the cut, Clara so I knew where she was. I cleaned Daisy off and found the cut which was quite sizeable. She was good as gold though and didn't flinch in the slightest. As I lifted her out the shower I turned round to find Clara had done another shit in the shower. I didn't even worry about it, was past the point of caring. 

Into the car, and a trip to the vet who confirmed she had dislocated her nail and it needed to be removed. Fairly painful I imagine. Clara of course stole the show and did another poo on the floor, fortunately the Vet took a look after I explained the past few hours and said it looks like she has a bug and gave me some antibiotics for her. 

Since then though, no incidents. Daisy is still missing her nail, not sure how long it will take to replace, but it doesn't seem to affect her. The vet gave her a fetching bandit for the day (picture attached) and she milked the arse out of that, putting her paw in the air so I remembered she was hurt. Clara has been fine toilet wise, and in general seems very happy. I suspect parents of toddlers are used to this sort of thing on a daily basis, I really have no idea how you do it. 

Daisy PAw.png

It's shite when the wee buggers get hurt - Casper had to wear a bandage for a couple of weeks when he had a cut near his nail, and he was NOT having the Cone of Shame. Eventually found one that he couldn't dislodge, but he was grumpy as feck for the duration. Thank God we have him insured - the vet's bill was upwards of 700 notes! He did get some quality narcotics for that, mind.

2 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Daisy PAw.png

You are a magnet for high-maintenance females!

Started walking this beauty this week, he's a lot of fun, poor little guy is partially deaf so certain sounds give him a fright which has led to a few confidence issues, quite a few folk actually changed direction in the park thinking he was some kind of devil dog. 

IMG_20210416_121733.jpg

Free dog!

Comes with lead, harness and a few toys.

This bugger has now managed to get the lead out of my hand a couple of times and, as he isn't trained well enough to be off-lead, I started tying his lead in a slip-knot around my wrist to ensure that he can't actually get away from me.

Last night we were walking along the canal and he spotted a duck which had taken off just in front of us. Normally I can plant my feet and stop him from moving but he caught me by surprise last night so I had no choice but to run after him.

OH was behind me so started running to try and intercept the dog, but caught up just at the moment Morse finally succeeded in pulling me over. OH booted me in the back of the neck as he tripped over me and hit the deck as well.

I vaguely remember a pair of cyclists asking if we needed assistance but can't really recall what we said. I assume we must have told them we'd be fine. We walked home after sitting on a bench for 20mins.

This morning I'm having trouble bending my left knee and hubbys right ankle is swollen as hell.

Morse starts his obideince classes next week and I'm starting to wonder if he'll be allowed to return in week 2.

20210407_183737.jpg