SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

A load of drug dealers etc have become dog breeders lately. I know of a guy who went Dundee - Manchester for an American pit bull solely for the reason to breed it with his brothers. £4k but looking to make 5 times that back. 

Are they not a banned bread?

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Are they not a banned bread?

You can get an exemption certificate, the dog must always be muzzled when it is out of the house though or it becomes illegal. I am quite the bore on this but there is no such thing as a bad dog, there are however a lot of arseholes who have dogs & mistreat them from birth.

I've been keeping an eye on the Dogs Trust centres and they've recently advertised two pups which were 6mo ish which were fine to be rehomed with pre-school children.

Problem is these dogs are snapped up pretty quickly and rescues have to keep their backs covered so it's generally only young pups they'll place with very young kids. 

Due to the fact folk seem more willing to pay over the odds for pups these days less are winding up in rescues so it's a bit of a vicious circle.

1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:

You can get an exemption certificate, the dog must always be muzzled when it is out of the house though or it becomes illegal. I am quite the bore on this but there is no such thing as a bad dog, there are however a lot of arseholes who have dogs & mistreat them from birth.

Oh I agree with you there! My folks have a bulldog, he's the biggest softie you could find!

Staffie's have been tarred with the bad dog brush due to the weapons who mistreat them.

On 05/04/2021 at 22:46, sergie's no1 fan said:

My dog passed away last year. We feel ready to get another one again.

The prices of puppies during Covid are a disgrace. Mongrels going for 2 grand a pop.

My old dog was from a rescue centre. I am keen on doing that again but with a toddler our options are very limited. Most of these rescue dogs are for houses with older kids.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place just now. Will probably need to wait till the whole of the UK is accessible again anyway. Don't know how folks dugs are getting pregnant during a pandemic anyway but there we go.

Used to be the case you'd here of a friend of the family would know someone giving away puppies but everyone seems to be cashing in on them these days.

Would echo @lichtgilphead and say how good hounds are as pets. The amount they sleep has to be seen to believed and tend to be so low maintenance and fit around your lifestyle. 

0044888F-88B3-4542-863B-9B5C76F426B7.jpeg

Would echo [mention=5698]lichtgilphead[/mention] and say how good hounds are as pets. The amount they sleep has to be seen to believed and tend to be so low maintenance and fit around your lifestyle. 

0044888F-88B3-4542-863B-9B5C76F426B7.thumb.jpeg.75288b788c6169fa1fc1272f5c17e257.jpeg
You'll get fined for the bold Renton not wearing a seatbelt.

1 minute ago, Chicken Wing said:
4 hours ago, Abby Normal said:
Would echo [mention=5698]lichtgilphead[/mention] and say how good hounds are as pets. The amount they sleep has to be seen to believed and tend to be so low maintenance and fit around your lifestyle. 

0044888F-88B3-4542-863B-9B5C76F426B7.thumb.jpeg.75288b788c6169fa1fc1272f5c17e257.jpeg

You'll get fined for the bold Renton not wearing a seatbelt.

We were just parked at the car wash. He needs to be free to take the wheel at times too if I’m eating lunch etc.

22 hours ago, mathematics said:

I’d like to introduce you all to my new life partner, Zander.

D787E343-36E8-4C61-9D5A-304DF2EEDECD.jpeg

He's a beauty. 

13 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Renton out squirrel-hunting.

E2FABB57-2FE0-486B-B0BF-0A544F204C74.jpeg

Disappointed its not a green necktie for Park Ranger Renton. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He's a beauty. 

Disappointed its not a green necktie for Park Ranger Renton. 

Mrs at home right now browsing new collars (for the dog). Lost his usual black collar somehow. Apologies for the DAB-esque effort he’s got on.