SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
19 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
"The cushion must have chewed itself, Dad, honest!"
20210313_190339.jpeg.4f8eba3f90f3f0fc396232aba28fe08e.jpeg

That a lab spaniel mix?

Yep - Mum's a Cocker, Dad's a Lab. My boy is a Spanador, apparently. Back in the day, he'd have been a mutt. Lovely wee beastie, mind, if a bit simple.

Started taking Renton mountain biking. We’ve so many trails etc on the doorstep he doesn’t need his lead. There are various little burns where he can stop for a drink. Leaves him so knackered as he just runs and runs and is dead to the world once he gets home. 

41973D5F-76FF-4046-9EE6-D80E0F0B108C.jpeg

Does anyone else's dogs go through phases of different sleeping spots? He's got his own bed and sometimes jumps on a different bed in the spare room but after having no interest in the sofa for years he's suddenly inseparable with it. 

20210402_164154.jpg

Dog is too smart for her own good, decided to walk the half hour to the vet on Saturday morning, we went about 5 minutes, turned onto the main street towards the vet and she worked out where we were going right away, just stopped walking, so I carried her the rest of the way while she shook. She enjoyed the walk home at least.

Saint Vet (2).jpg

Edited by Torpar

4 hours ago, Torpar said:

Dog is too smart for her own dog, decided to walk the half hour to the vet on Saturday morning, we went about 5 minutes, turned onto the main street towards the vet and she worked out where we were going right away, just stopped walking, so I carried her the rest of the way while she shook. She enjoyed the walk home at least.

Saint Vet (2).jpg

Your dog has her own dog?

My dog passed away last year. We feel ready to get another one again.

The prices of puppies during Covid are a disgrace. Mongrels going for 2 grand a pop.

My old dog was from a rescue centre. I am keen on doing that again but with a toddler our options are very limited. Most of these rescue dogs are for houses with older kids.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place just now. Will probably need to wait till the whole of the UK is accessible again anyway. Don't know how folks dugs are getting pregnant during a pandemic anyway but there we go.

Used to be the case you'd here of a friend of the family would know someone giving away puppies but everyone seems to be cashing in on them these days.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The prices of puppies during Covid are a disgrace. Mongrels going for 2 grand a pop.

My old dog was from a rescue centre. I am keen on doing that again but with a toddler our options are very limited. Most of these rescue dogs are for houses with older kids.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place just now. Will probably need to wait till the whole of the UK is accessible again anyway. Don't know how folks dugs are getting pregnant during a pandemic anyway but there we go.

Used to be the case you'd here of a friend of the family would know someone giving away puppies but everyone seems to be cashing in on them these days.

As I've said before on here, there are always greyhounds needing rehomed. Usually they are big placid clowns and are great with kids. Obviously some aren't, but the rescue organisation will always try to match the dog with a good forever home. Assuming your home is suitable, a £100 donation will get you a lovely dog. 

The only problem is that they are addictive. Here are our 4th & 5th sighthounds (2 previous greys & a whippet)

EDIT: pm me if you want contact details & recommendations for Greyhound rescue centres close to you

22,7,4520_1_258273 (2).jpg

Edited by lichtgilphead

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We got our dog from a European rescue centre, lots of strays and abandoned dogs and pups from over there. Of course I'm not sure if things have changed  as that was a couple of years back before the big Brexit. We paid for the passport, boosters and transport across, about £260, our wee dug has been brilliant. I would highly recommend any rescue dog as we have had two and our first one was from ayrshire and just needed a good home with plenty of fun and exercise. 

6 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

A load of drug dealers etc have become dog breeders lately. I know of a guy who went Dundee - Manchester for an American pit bull solely for the reason to breed it with his brothers. £4k but looking to make 5 times that back. 

I got my Frenchie from a couple of breeders. As it had had two litters, it was worthless to them anymore as only 2 litters can be KC registered. Her puppies were for sale at £3,700! She had 8 puppies in total. I got her for £250.