SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

11 minutes ago, keithgy said:

We have decided the time is not right for us to get a dog as the kids are a bit older and my wife is at home all day,but by god the prices are unreal just now.

Don't forget the shelters and rescue organisations. Plenty of great dogs who would love to be your best friend without purebred prices.

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

We have searched them but as we have 2 children (3 and 5) a lot of them say no to rehoming.

Ah. Keep looking though; I'm sure you'll find a shelter who will agree to you rehoming your children.

17 minutes ago, keithgy said:

We have searched them but as we have 2 children (3 and 5) a lot of them say no to rehoming.

Have you considered rehoming a Greyhound?

Great with children, pretty laid back dogs.

A Greyhound rescue charity would match a dog for your circumstances.

And they come neutered, microchipped, vaccinated etc for around £150. We've had 3 now and they are also very clean dogs, and are usually house trained.

Superb, beautiful dogs.

Edited by Silverton End

24 minutes ago, keithgy said:

We have decided the time is not right for us to get a dog as the kids are a bit older and my wife is at home all day,but by god the prices are unreal just now.

West of Scotland Greyhound Trust usually look for a £100 donation, and will do their best to match a dog to a family (our two are very child friendly, but hopeless with cats, gerbils, rabbits etc)

You can message them from their Facebook page. I would give you the link, but I'm on the phone.

You can also meet and walk all the dogs available for adoption at the walks at Drumpelier (Coatbridge) and Strathclyde Park when they start up again after lockdown.

15 hours ago, keithgy said:

Thanks i don't have Facebook but will give them a call.

Would echo the others that they make great pets. Used to look after a friend's (retired racing) greyhound and it was such a great pet. Lovely nature with kids, very low maintenance in that they are happy to sleep all day. If they get off the lead for a run they are incredible to watch too. 

Noticed a couple of small piles of muchas and blood today so took Jet to the vet. Outside the vet she had diarrhea which was basically just blood. She had a couple of injections and about 3 lots of pills to take over the next few days. Has anyone experienced anything like this with their dog. The vet said "we think it's just a bug but if she doesn't improve bring her back". The "we THINK" part is giving me the fear a bit that it might be something more sinister.

Swallowed a stone?
Hopefully. Our garden has a few out the back right enough. She clearly has an upset stomach as she's been eating grass the last couple of days. She's not lethargic but isn't as hyper as usual. Hoping these meds do the job but it's obviously in my mind it might be the 'C word'.