SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

5 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I believe they are lactose intolerant. When we first got the big chap we had him on goats milk and he still gets it as an occasional treat. 

They can be lactose intolerant, they’re not all inherently lactose intolerant, same as us.
None of the working cockers i’ve had have been, fine with an occasional bit of cheese & a mini milk, but they’ve all been hardy little characters, only the odd ear issue. Had a retriever & a yorkie that were intolerant, both show stock, both with loads of other health issues.

My dog was cone daft.

Still remember though 1 time I bought us 2 cones from the icey at the helix (bloody expensive) and I sat down to eat with her and she wasn't interested 🙄

Proceeded to watch the bloody thing melt in my hand. Was spewing. Wee shite.

Never been a dog person but the wife and the wee lass have been on at me for the last couple of years to get one.  Finally gave in and decided at the start of the lockdown that there would never be a better time - thinking it would keep the wife and bairns busy.

Turns out i love the wee guy.  The proviso i set out that i would not be picking up dugshite went out the window cos he'll no shite unless i'm walking him.

New best neebur 😁😁

IMG-20200520-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200520-WA0001.jpg

Edited by the aggressive beggar

36 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Think Skye has decided that the big fella can stay.

20200521_171323.jpg

Provided, of course, he continues to relinquish the new bed we bought him when she requires it.20200520_113137.thumb.jpg.5512d98179d4fe9081c8b7e1dd71d714.jpg

Fucking hell, he's a big lad! 

The lad's over protective behaviour with his toys and chews has been diagnosed as being down to excess testosterone. Mrs WRK is worried he'll have a nip at the grandkids, so he's off for the chop today.
Was a cuddly pheasant really worth it, boy? Was it?20200503_185103.jpeg

Took the dogs out in the rain the other day, passing women asked me if they were boys or girls.... I mean I know it's 2020 but come on to f**k!

Monday was a holiday here, Victoria Day, so plenty of fireworks going off over the weekend (these plastic Yanks love their fireworks and made up holidays) The dogs have never been bothered in the slightest by fireworks, but every late October/November I see people back home complaining about fireworks upsetting their dogs. Anyone else's dog not bothered by fireworks or are all British dogs just soft??

Rain jackits.jpg

13 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

We'll, that's the nuts gone. Poor lad has to wear that blue doughnut for a fortnight, as well.20200522_205338.jpeg

He looks utterly defeated.

Poor lad.

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

We'll, that's the nuts gone. Poor lad has to wear that blue doughnut for a fortnight, as well.20200522_205338.jpeg

Can’t bring myself to green it but obviously good for the family in the long term. Poor boy. 

Wee update - doughnut still in place when he got up, which was a surprise. Had breakfast of scrambled eggs as recommended by vet, and is currently chilling in the early sunshine. Seems happy enough, but then he doesn't get what's happened!

Skye has completely taken over the big bed we bought for new pup.

20200525_181316.thumb.jpg.0cd4693e40e6d276a7d7fbed2ec58e88.jpg

When asked to explain her behaviour Skye revealed that she did not regret her actions and that she felt that she acted reasonably and with all due care for herself. She did however, say that she was sorry if people felt that she behaved inappropriately. 

20200525_181243.thumb.jpg.049b13d52f93963e9afdc25ce3b570ce.jpg