SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

3 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Is he settling in okay?

He's been told off by her a few times because he got a bit too frisky and he's a bit wary of us still but he's quite chilled in the house overall so I'm hoping we can work through the minor issues. She has plenty of places she can go in the house to get a break from him if need be.

Had Alfie at the vet last week, vet thought he'd broken a bone in his tail, it's like a whip and she thought he'd banged it against something hard, Metacalm was prescribed with the words if you need more just ring up and we'll dispense some more. Wife today rang up and asked for another bottle, 100ml, of the same. £82:00 for 100ml of Metacalm so as a nosey / inquisitive bugger I googled how much it really costs. You could have blown me over with the smallest of farts when I saw it was averaging £15:00 from 4 on line vet supply companies.  RIP off barstewards.  Even paying the RIP off merchants for an extortionate prescription I'd still be nearly £50 better off. I would move mountains if my dog needed anything for his health but why do vets so blatantly rip you off like that. Utter scum.

Wife turned in to a StandFree03 esque jigsaw enthusiast (copyright Perthshirebelle) tonight and completed this present we got from my brother at Christmas:

IMG_3282.jpg

Rosie the dog wasn’t much help in its development though:

f7a7fb92-82d5-4ffd-88d9-550b06d37d20.jpg

14 hours ago, RH33 said:

Apparently dairy isn’t good for dogs. Dad had to stop going to the ice cream van when the vet said the exzema on the mutt was probably due to ice cream!

Plain low fat yoghurt is ok, settles our dog's stomach and reduces excess gas.

17 hours ago, RH33 said:

Apparently dairy isn’t good for dogs. Dad had to stop going to the ice cream van when the vet said the exzema on the mutt was probably due to ice cream!

I believe they are lactose intolerant. When we first got the big chap we had him on goats milk and he still gets it as an occasional treat. 

In the village where I lived as a kid there were various dogs who would roam free all day. A big golden retriever named Speedie would go to the ice cream van himself, get up on his hind legs with his paws on the counter and the guy in the van would give him a cone. 

3 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Plain low fat yoghurt is ok, settles our dog's stomach and reduces excess gas.

I know exactly what I'm picking up on the way home this aft - and yes, Mr Tesco doorman, it fucking is essential. My Casper is a cracking wee fella, but his arse is absolutely rancid.

Chudley's hypo-allergenic Puppy dry food, by the way.  Not allowed to give him "human food", but he may or may not see the occasional HobNob.

13 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I know exactly what I'm picking up on the way home this aft - and yes, Mr Tesco doorman, it fucking is essential. My Casper is a cracking wee fella, but his arse is absolutely rancid.

Chudley's hypo-allergenic Puppy dry food, by the way.  Not allowed to give him "human food", but he may or may not see the occasional HobNob.

Our Grey had excess stomach acid, made him throw up bile through the night, was pretty worrying when we first adopted him.

For a good few years now, he gets 3 or 4 tablespoons of low fat yoghurt at 7pm every night, he doesn't even need the meds he used to get for the stomach acid now.

Still squeaks out the odd hummer, mind you, but nothing outrageous.