SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

How much does it cost do a test? 

We're desperate to do one. Our guess is part schnauzer, part sausage and part terrier.

I think it's normally £75 but we found a discount code and got it for £60 I think. That was with Wisdom panel UK.

56 minutes ago, Shputnik said:

That’s oor Meg out for the rest of the season. Major surgery and her Dads £2000 lighter. Hopefully it gives her a few more years pain free.IMG_0008.jpg

It’s a good look!

My dog is going in for an X-ray on Tuesday as he has a bad limp/shoulder injury that won’t go away. He’s painkillered up and hopefully won’t need anything major like Meg as he’d just chew a bandage off.

That’s oor Meg out for the rest of the season. Major surgery and her Dads £2000 lighter. Hopefully it gives her a few more years pain free.IMG_0008.thumb.jpg.a978024592eea9647e483f03be84bdd5.jpg

A big loss for the rest of the campaign. Come back stronger, Meg! [emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

It’s a good look!

My dog is going in for an X-ray on Tuesday as he has a bad limp/shoulder injury that won’t go away. He’s painkillered up and hopefully won’t need anything major like Meg as he’d just chew a bandage off.

Aye Renton off his face on pain killers sounds like a great idea!

20190921_191226.thumb.jpg.b4e244c695dc26802670c9340af531ba.jpg

Bought the dog one of those spider harnesses for halloween, thinking itll be amazing when he starts sprinting about like a giant spider.

He just sat there chewing the legs.

On 23/09/2019 at 11:41, Shandon Par said:

My daughter took this pic the other day. She’s like Dr Doolittle. The cat and dog always want to crash out in her room.

98EA6532-603E-48B2-9586-7E33B12E4D57.jpeg

Still off his face on pain killers by looks of it!

On 20/09/2019 at 14:59, Rizzo said:

Has anyone else done DNA tests on their cross breed dog? We've done them for both of ours and just got Skye's back today. We knew there was lab and husky in the mix somewhere as she displays traits from both but the rest is a surprise. Jake's came back as 25% mix of rough and border collie along with australian shepherd, labrador JRT and misc terrier breeds. 

Funny how our two look almost like they could be siblings but they actually have very little in common.

Screenshot_20190920-124345_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180809-064959.png

20181006_131921(0).jpg

Your dogs are cute. Here's mine. That's quite an interesting idea, now I'm thinking to do a DNA test for my Oscar. I doubt that he's purebred, took him from a shelter, though I would still love him. I'm just concerned about his health and heard a lot that big breeds like retrievers suffer from arthritis and joint pain. Just wanted to ask if anybody knows about joint supplements for dogs? Could you check this page and tell me your thoughts? My dog is 5 years old and isn't very active.

69783569_257511711874154_7009595115271601055_n.jpg

70764603_125964865452827_1720613044750978891_n.jpg

13 hours ago, JollyJoddy said:

Just wanted to ask if anybody knows about joint supplements for dogs? Could you check this page and tell me your thoughts? My dog is 5 years old and isn't very active.

I make bone broth for our two. Just bung a load of bones in the slow cooker with some added apple cider vinegar to draw out the nutrients and leave for 24-48 hours to stew. Drain the liquid, stick it in the fridge to cool and feed the resulting jelly. We also feed raw duck and chicken feet which contain glucosamine and chondroitine which is what the supplements have in them. Feeding bone broth and stuff gives them the same nutrients but in a more natural and easy to absorb way.

I'm not a huge fan of highly processed supplements so couldn't really say which ones are good. We also feed raw oily fish and eggs but our two dogs are fed entirely on raw meat.

The current bone broth we have on the go was made with lamb bones but pigs trotters work really well.

20190925_163419.jpg