SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

8 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

over the past year our dug started to struggle with his back legs. we tried loads of options including hydrotherapy, moving/massaging his legs when he lay down, laser treatment, as well as antibiotics. however he was 15 years old and arthritis had just gotten the better of him - he was a medium/bigger sized dog and the signs were all there that his legs would go. he now has lost all use of his back legs. 

However we got him a dog carriage and he cuts about as happy as anything. its such a joy knowing that however long he has left, he can still go out for walks and we don't need to consider putting him down to sustain quality of life (at least for arthritis anyway). Its an absolute pain lumphing him about the house when he is not in the carriage but although it was a wee bit pricey, it was worth it:

dug.thumb.jpg.38a3ca2bab33f70f4e4c025eccc77753.jpg

He is a very handsome gentledug.

19 hours ago, Rizzo said:

He is a very handsome gentledug.

aye he is. we got him from SSPCA Cardonald about 6 years ago. he was  about10 at the time  and was in there for a wee while as no one was taking him case of his age. He had lived with an elderly couple all his life and one died and the other got put into a home - hence he ended up in Cardonald. Cause he had lived with this old couple he had pretty much adopted all their habits - wanted to go to bed at 8pm and everyone in the house to follow suit; if folks were over and staying late, he would just stare at them as if to say "alright, that's plenty, oot". Gets up around 5am and always trying to get on buses that pull into bus stops as you are walking past with him. Ha. 

anyhow, since we got him, he has moved on from buses and loves sitting in the car with the window down - head out. His preference is riding shotgun but makes do with the back if the missus is  about: 

file-41.jpeg

Edited by KingRocketman II

No pictures un/fortunately but my wife and I rented a canoe yesterday and took our dog with us, I was sat in the back of the canoe, wife in the front with our dog Saint. We did this last summer and all went well, Saint was happy to sit in the middle and barked at other boats passing by.

This year Saint decided she needed to jump from the front to see me in the back, of course she fell in the river, my wife couldn't grab her, I reached over to try and of course fell in too (though in years to come this story will no doubt change to me diving in like an Olympian) my primary school life saving training kicked in and I backstroked to the shore with Saint on my chest. She was soaked and cold for the rest of the trip and seemed pretty shaken up by the whole thing, until we found a big stick for her to chew on and it was all forgotten about. Some girl! 

Edited by Torpar

12 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

aye he is. we got him from SSPCA Cardonald about 6 years ago. he was  about10 at the time  and was in there for a wee while as no one was taking him case of his age. He had lived with an elderly couple all his life and one died and the other got put into a home - hence he ended up in Cardonald. Cause he had lived with this old couple he had pretty much adopted all their habits - wanted to go to bed at 8pm and everyone in the house to follow suit; if folks were over and staying late, he would just stare at them as if to say "alright, that's plenty, oot". Gets up around 5am and always trying to get on buses that pull into bus stops as you are walking past with him. Ha. 

anyhow, since we got him, he has moved on from buses and loves sitting in the car with the window down - head out. His preference is riding shotgun but makes do with the back if the missus is  about: 

file-41.jpeg

Our old boy Jake came from a similar situation. Wee old guy had just lost his wife and was moving into sheltered housing so wasn't allowed to take Jake with him. We got him from the Dogs Trust rather than the SSPCA though.

Your old guy looks a bit like my first dog. She came from the Dogs Trust as well and was majestic af.

sansa_018.jpg

23 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Our old boy Jake came from a similar situation. Wee old guy had just lost his wife and was moving into sheltered housing so wasn't allowed to take Jake with him. We got him from the Dogs Trust rather than the SSPCA though.

Your old guy looks a bit like my first dog. She came from the Dogs Trust as well and was majestic af.

sansa_018.jpg

what a fantastic dug

Image may contain: dog and indoor

Here's what happens when a very stupid greyhound sees a cat.

Mrs. Gilp had the lead looped around her wrist, but Toby went off at just the wrong angle, and the lead slipped off.

Five minutes later, and after some shouting & swearing, he did return, but had managed to rip the skin off his stopper pads. We're guessing that the cat managed to clear a wall or fence, he attempted to follow and ripped the soft skin as he fell back, trying to scrabble over it.

One trip to the vet later, she's had to cut all the shredded skin away, and he's wearing the feet off Mrs Gilps old work tights taped on to keep the open wounds clean. He's also having to wear his muzzle fo around 18 hours per day to stop him licking the wounds.

F*cking dogs. Who would have them?