SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

Poor dog has managed to get a tiny wee tick right next to his eye.

Got advice from girlfriends dad whos owned dogs for 40+ years, and he reckons its too small to be harmful, and that our best bet, due to where it is, is to leave it alone for a day or two and take it to the vets if the dog starts showing any unusual behaviour.

Not really sure why I'm posting this, tbh.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Got advice from girlfriends dad whos owned dogs for 40+ years, and he reckons its too small to be harmful, and that our best bet, due to where it is, is to leave it alone for a day or two and take it to the vets if the dog starts showing any unusual behaviour.

Yup best thing, it’ll take it’s fill of blood and fall off.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well our last dog would pick up ticks and due to him having his head in everything they were usually around his head area, we were always told by vet and other people to get them off as soon as you notice them.  They obviously start off small then get much bigger as they keep feeding.  But the ones we found on the dog were generally a decent size by the time we found them so it was easier to get the tweezers on them and pull them out (well so the wife told me as I hated trying to pull them,   I was chief dog holder and I did a top job at that I was told.) 

6 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Yup best thing, it’ll take it’s fill of blood and fall off.

5 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Well our last dog would pick up ticks and due to him having his head in everything they were usually around his head area, we were always told by vet and other people to get them off as soon as you notice them.  They obviously start off small then get much bigger as they keep feeding.  But the ones we found on the dog were generally a decent size by the time we found them so it was easier to get the tweezers on them and pull them out (well so the wife told me as I hated trying to pull them,   I was chief dog holder and I did a top job at that I was told.) 

Contrasting advice 😂 I'm off work all week so will keep an eye on it, if it gets bigger or he starts acting weird I'll take a trip to the vet 

20190721_202541.thumb.jpg.a8e54c15489f79ec1d18b598d7829788.jpg

There was a CGI tiger on the screen, so hes sprinted across the room to sit and stare at the TV 😂 not sure what his plan is

25 minutes ago, Dele said:

Jesus Christ, Random. Get they cables tidied up/hidden, man! 

They were tidied, then I had to fit a Firestick to the back of the TV, the whole situation turned to shite due to the rickety DVD cabinet next to the TV and everything was launched 😂

Dog doesn't nibble on them at all tbf, prefers the wooden steps I've got at my back door.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Contrasting advice 😂 I'm off work all week so will keep an eye on it, if it gets bigger or he starts acting weird I'll take a trip to the vet 

We were also advised to get them off as quickly as possible. I have a few if these scattered around the house to make pulling them a bit easier.

https://www.vetuk.co.uk/flea-products-flea-treatments-tick-removers-c-3_821/o-tom-tick-twister-pair-of-hooks-p-2262

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

We were also advised to get them off as quickly as possible. I have a few if these scattered around the house to make pulling them a bit easier.

https://www.vetuk.co.uk/flea-products-flea-treatments-tick-removers-c-3_821/o-tom-tick-twister-pair-of-hooks-p-2262

I'm definitely not doing it myself, it's right under his eye, maybe a couple of millimetres. 

Vet is right next to the missus' work, so I'm popping in this morning to see what they say about it, first time we've had this with him so better to be safe.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Renton on holiday with us. Been road testing the furniture and decided this is his bed for the week:

35B65AB1-8A96-420C-9575-C4108BFA4BBC.jpeg

Our two are hoping to turn the furniture in our cottage into fur-niture.

Pets, who'd have them? Left Ruby alone in the house for a couple of hours yesterday. We've done this before and she's always been good. Not yesterday though.

Yesterday she got into one of my wife's bags and decided to chew through some stuff. Eye liner, pen, box of tampons, then I see a paracetamol pack and two tablets on the floor. Three missing from pack. No idea whether we'd used them or she'd eaten them.

Rushed to local vet who got her to vomit. No sign of any tablets but that shit is designed to be absorbed quickly. Then rushed to 24hr vet hospital for some extensive treatment and an overnight stay on a drip.

Everything seems to be OK and she's not exhibiting any signs of poisoning so they released her today. Just have to nip back to the vet for a final injection and she can get the catheter out and collar off.

She's obviously OK because she was dancing about looking for some cooked chicken at teatime there then hobbling about the garden barking at shadows as usual. Little bitch had us fecking worried there though. I could tell from the vets' reactions that one tablet, let alone three, would have probably been game over. DSC_0233.thumb.jpeg.2d93182ad063bc52c3701e258c996a6f.jpeg

Pets, who'd have them? Left Ruby alone in the house for a couple of hours yesterday. We've done this before and she's always been good. Not yesterday though.

Yesterday she got into one of my wife's backs and decided to chew through some stuff. Eye liner, pen, box of tampons, then I see a paracetamol pack and two tablets on the floor. Three missing from pack. No idea whether we'd used them or she'd eaten them.

Rushed to local vet who got her to vomit. No sign of any tablets but that shit is designed to be absorbed quickly. Then rushed to 24hr vet hospital for some extensive treatment and an overnight stay on a drip.

Everything seems to be OK and she's not exhibiting any signs of poisoning so they released her today. Just have to nip back to the vet for a final injection and she can get the catheter out and collar off.

She's obviously OK because she was dancing about looking for some cooked chicken at teatime there then hobbling about the garden barking at shadows as usual. Little bitch had us fecking worried there though. I could tell from the vets' reactions that one tablet, let alone three, would have probably been game over. DSC_0233.thumb.jpeg.2d93182ad063bc52c3701e258c996a6f.jpeg
You did the right thing, you can never be too careful when dogs eat weird stuff, one of the dogs i walk regularly ate human shit last week in the park, from experience i knew it was probably junkie shit (bit of a problem in certain parts of Amsterdam) within 30 minutes he was acting and looking out of it, straight to the vets who did their thing and he recovered completely, dogs eh?