SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

20 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Juno the dog. She absoloutely loves that tennis ball, and the 14000 others she destroyed before it. 20190630_214920.thumb.jpg.5cf17eabdc1e18332477d0b1e2ecd71f.jpg

She looks like a wee young version of our old boy, cracking set of lugs on her.

1 minute ago, Rizzo said:

She looks like a wee young version of our old boy, cracking set of lugs on her.

Aye she has gremlin ears when they are like that. Most of the time they flop down but she is on high alert when protecting her tennis ball. Which I still after 8 years haven't trained her to return. I have to take 2 tennis balls out every walk just to get her to drop the one she has. I'm no dog whisperer.

2 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Aye she has gremlin ears when they are like that. Most of the time they flop down but she is on high alert when protecting her tennis ball. Which I still after 8 years haven't trained her to return. I have to take 2 tennis balls out every walk just to get her to drop the one she has. I'm no dog whisperer.

Jake's ears stand up but the tip of the right one flops over a wee bit, from the side he looks like the Egyptian god Anubis.  He used to love his tennis balls but can hardly see 2 foot in front of him these days.

1 minute ago, Rizzo said:

Jake's ears stand up but the tip of the right one flops over a wee bit, from the side he looks like the Egyptian god Anubis.  He used to love his tennis balls but can hardly see 2 foot in front of him these days.

She has been amazing in terms of health but mongrels are like that. She hates the vets, she got her jabs for a couple of years and speyed but has never had any problems. The most serious incident being when she ate chips and curry sauce that somebody had left on the golf course at callendar park and then spewed them up all over my car half an hour later. The last time I took her to the vets was because I thought her nails were too sharp she was so traumatised by being there she did a dirty protest on the veterinary assistant then peed on the floor on the way out.

1 minute ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

She has been amazing in terms of health but mongrels are like that. She hates the vets, she got her jabs for a couple of years and speyed but has never had any problems. The most serious incident being when she ate chips and curry sauce that somebody had left on the golf course at callendar park and then spewed them up all over my car half an hour later. The last time I took her to the vets was because I thought her nails were too sharp she was so traumatised by being there she did a dirty protest on the veterinary assistant then peed on the floor on the way out.

🤣

Jake's not really had major health problems either luckily but then he's a wee mongrel too, his DNA results came back as part rough collie, part border collie, part Australian shepherd and part jack russell, his maw must have liked a bit of variety. Think the worst health problem Jake has ever had is a fatty lump that he's grown on the bit he keeps his knob in (not sure of the technical term). He's just had his annual check over at the vets and he's apparently in good nick for a 15yo though his legs are getting a bit stiff.  

5 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

🤣

Jake's not really had major health problems either luckily but then he's a wee mongrel too, his DNA results came back as part rough collie, part border collie, part Australian shepherd and part jack russell, his maw must have liked a bit of variety. Think the worst health problem Jake has ever had is a fatty lump that he's grown on the bit he keeps his knob in (not sure of the technical term). He's just had his annual check over at the vets and he's apparently in good nick for a 15yo though his legs are getting a bit stiff.  

Pleased to hear Jake is doing well. I did the DNA test thing with Juno too if it is correct she comes from a long line of mongrels. There is collie cross, jack russell, viszla, and staffie. The staffie I can believe because the council shelter we got her from is rammed with adult staffies that horrible people abandoned. She is the spit of a couple of patterdales that a woman that walks near me has though. Her official breed when we got her was 'whippet terrier cross' 

Looking after next doors 8yo King Charles for the weekend. Ruby has very graciously given up her spot on the couch to him. Which is nice because she spends the entire day following him around, nipping at his ears and tail, jumping on his head and back. Basically playing but being a really annoying wee bint. DSC_0208.JPG

Juno the dog. She absoloutely loves that tennis ball, and the 14000 others she destroyed before it. 20190630_214920.thumb.jpg.5cf17eabdc1e18332477d0b1e2ecd71f.jpg

Get some ChuckIt balls, the wee orange and blue ones. They aren’t the cheapest at about £8 for two but last for ages. We got a couple in about March that are still going strong when he was destroying a tennis ball the first time you threw it for him.

1 hour ago, wellfan09 said:

Get some ChuckIt balls, the wee orange and blue ones. They aren’t the cheapest at about £8 for two but last for ages. We got a couple in about March that are still going strong when he was destroying a tennis ball the first time you threw it for him.

Cheers for the tip. Im at sports direct every month buying tennis balls.