SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

£5 says that’s on the east side of The Nebit en route to Ben Cleuch?

That's the one. Had planned to do Cleugh from there but it started raining when we got to the top of Ben Ever so decided just to head back.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

TBF to the dogs, lamb, especially with a bit of mint sauce, is v. tasty. 

Skye loves a bit of lamb/mutton. We visited an abattoir when we were on Mull and came back with several sheep skeletons in a bin bag for her.

WP_20170727_16_56_46_Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Skye loves a bit of lamb/mutton. We visited an abattoir when we were on Mull and came back with several sheep skeletons in a bin bag for her.

WP_20170727_16_56_46_Pro.jpg

Be honest.....your dog has just devoured a sheep

Well this has been a shit 48hrs.  Both my dogs taken ill.  The younger ones recovered okish but still on the mend.  Kaspar the older one took a dramatic turn last night.  We had to get him put to sleep at about midnight.  I was expecting an iv for fluids and an overnight stay.  But he went downhill so rapid.  He was only 8.  We think it’s been some sort of gastroenteritis.
BDE896BE-5F30-4BEB-BBA5-83C90270ECAC.thumb.jpeg.2430d6ec33d743c2dca03d1ae243c884.jpeg
So sorry to hear about your old guy, such a stunning boy and it must have been horrific to have him go downhill so quickly. [emoji22]

That's the one. Had planned to do Cleugh from there but it started raining when we got to the top of Ben Ever so decided just to head back.

Fair fucks man, that’s a walk. Done it maybe a dozen or so times but not so much lately. PM me your bank details so I can claim my £5?

15 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Fair fucks man, that’s a walk. Done it maybe a dozen or so times but not so much lately. PM me your bank details so I can claim my £5?

Aye ok th.... wait a minute!

https://www.southbostonanimalhospital.com/blog/what-you-should-know-about-hemorrhagic-gastroenteritis-in-dogs

This is probably what killed my dog. It’s scary how quick this took him.  He was a fit dog.  Afghans live to about 12-13.  He was in good shape.  Woke up about 8, looked a bit sluggish.  Was fairly active and alert by noon.  By 4 pm it was clear he was ill.  Made an appointment for 10am the next day.  By 10pm we knew he was in a bad way and was gone just after midnight.  Unreal.

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

https://www.southbostonanimalhospital.com/blog/what-you-should-know-about-hemorrhagic-gastroenteritis-in-dogs

This is probably what killed my dog. It’s scary how quick this took him.  He was a fit dog.  Afghans live to about 12-13.  He was in good shape.  Woke up about 8, looked a bit sluggish.  Was fairly active and alert by noon.  By 4 pm it was clear he was ill.  Made an appointment for 10am the next day.  By 10pm we knew he was in a bad way and was gone just after midnight.  Unreal.

That sounds awful, poor boy. :(

How old was he out of interest?

Well this has been a shit 48hrs.  Both my dogs taken ill.  The younger ones recovered okish but still on the mend.  Kaspar the older one took a dramatic turn last night.  We had to get him put to sleep at about midnight.  I was expecting an iv for fluids and an overnight stay.  But he went downhill so rapid.  He was only 8.  We think it’s been some sort of gastroenteritis.
BDE896BE-5F30-4BEB-BBA5-83C90270ECAC.thumb.jpeg.2430d6ec33d743c2dca03d1ae243c884.jpeg
Really sorry for your loss, i like Afghans, love their gait.

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

That sounds awful, poor boy. :(

How old was he out of interest?

He was 8 years 7 months.  So approximately just over half his expected age.  We’ve had Afghans live to 15.  Most get to about 13.  The youngest we’ve lost was 11 and that was in September.  That was cancer so expected.  Two dogs lost in under a year.  Since I was a kid I’ve always had at least two or three of them.  Never been with just one.

Dog has arrived, I'd get a photo but hes spent the last 15 minutes absolutely racing around the house and garden :lol:

Seems to have had some dominant Male in his life in the past as hes a lot calmer with me than her despite just meeting us.

Best photo I got :lol:

20190601_095019.thumb.jpg.4384fcb3a9003c7e1df82628ed3929eb.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dog has arrived, I'd get a photo but hes spent the last 15 minutes absolutely racing around the house and garden :lol:

Seems to have had some dominant Male in his life in the past as hes a lot calmer with me than her despite just meeting us.

I can't believe you have to repeat this on the Dundee thread, you are obsessed with my club.

Cracking wee dog though. 

Aye like you give off the vibe as a "dominant male" :lol:

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I can't believe you have to repeat this on the Dundee thread, you are obsessed with my club.

Cracking wee dog though. 

Aye like you give off the vibe as a "dominant male" :lol:

I now think its maybe an abusive Male in his past, probably over thinking it though, totally hyper with her then spots me and lies down. 

Maybe senses the boredom :lol: