SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

I love my life as a dog walker but the transient nature of life in Amsterdam means that people and their dogs come and go, i started walking jolie and keeley 5 and a half years ago and have built up a very strong bond with them and their owners, the owners informed me a while back that they were selling up, taking early retirement and were going to tour Europe for a few years, thought i'd come to terms with it until it came to drop them off for the last time yesterday, the owners were home they gave me a lovely hand written card, a bottle of whisky and a photo album filled with pictures of the dogs, i thanked them profusely and said my goodbyes, once i got outside i cried my eyes out (i've turned into a sentimental old fool in the last few years) i will miss the daily interaction with them but on the plus side it means i can plan a roadtrip and go see them somewhere on their travels....first world problems thread for this pish eh[emoji16]

Dogs are awesome. IMG_20180911_115254.thumb.jpg.7ba5a5e5f8065faf63cb2a9acce1f774.jpg

Took Skye on a hill walk on Sunday, she does take a cracking summit photo.
20190505_124640.thumb.jpg.16048b25fe4ac5a58addf3e8f39c0521.jpg

"Why the f**k are we up here instead of sitting by the fire?"

Not the first time this dug has looked less than impressed at being dragged up some f**k off hill.
Harris’ current favourite thing to do is to sneak up onto the dining chairs and sit like a human then act like your in the wrong when you question him...

IMG_7830.thumb.jpg.3a2deb1cce747a260edaecf9000bd486.jpgIMG_7850.thumb.jpg.ec8d623b10d618326031b17e9ea63987.jpg

Harris is a fucking unit, would not question!

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

"Why the f**k are we up here instead of sitting by the fire."

It was a bit blowy at the top which, I assume, is the cause of the disgruntled expression. She was running up and down the path like a mad fud prior to this, honest! She did get a turkey neck for her troubles.

20190505_123455.jpg

Edited by Rizzo

Well this week can go f*ck itself, last week i posted about two of my regular dogs were leaving the country, just as i was getting over it i received news this morning that my favourite little weirdo Pepper was being put to sleep, he had a heart condition, i walked him yesterday and he was his old self running about and playing, last night he had a seizure and the vet said he wasn't going to recover, i went round to comfort the owners and said my goodbyes to the little dude before he was taken to be put to sleep.
Bow wow Pepperoni bow wow.
I've said it before and i'll say it again Dogs are Awesome! PhotoGrid_1557387797170.jpg

2 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Well this week can go f*ck itself, last week i posted about two of my regular dogs were leaving the country, just as i was getting over it i received news this morning that my favourite little weirdo Pepper was being put to sleep, he had a heart condition, i walked him yesterday and he was his old self running about and playing, last night he had a seizure and the vet said he wasn't going to recover, i went round to comfort the owners and said my goodbyes to the little dude before he was taken to be put to sleep.
Bow wow Pepperoni bow wow.
I've said it before and i'll say it again Dogs are Awesome! 

I've just set up as a dog walker recently, and I have to say, this is the one aspect of the job I'm not looking forward to.

13 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I've just set up as a dog walker recently, and I have to say, this is the one aspect of the job I'm not looking forward to.

It's the toughest part of the job, It almost 6 years I've had 3 that were put to sleep, it doesn't get any easier, however it's a great life being a dog walker it's very rewarding.

This morning was so heartbreaking, when I went to say goodbye Pepper was wagging his tail and doing his little excited yelp, he thought he was going for a walk.

Right I'm away to play some 6v6 then get pished.

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

It's the toughest part of the job, It almost 6 years I've had 3 that were put to sleep, it doesn't get any easier, however it's a great life being a dog walker it's very rewarding.

This morning was so heartbreaking, when I went to say goodbye Pepper was wagging his tail and doing his little excited yelp, he thought he was going for a walk.

Right I'm away to play some 6v6 then get pished.

Do you do this full time and get a decent living out of it?

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Do you do this full time and get a decent living out of it?

I do ok its my main source of income, I'm never going to be a rich man doing it ( compared to my previous job working in map development with tomtom the sat nav company where it felt like they were just throwing money around )  I realised a few years back that quality of life was more important than chasing the $, most months I can take home a 4 figure sum which is pretty decent when you consider I only work between 4 - 6 hours a day.

I have a few other little periodic pieces of work I can do to supplement my income, I wouldn't change it for anything, I've found my thing and I love it, plus my colleagues are awesome.