SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

He fell down the stairs at the house last night. Back legs have went completely. Going to say our goodbyes tonight. I'm fucking heartbroken.
Sad times, always hard to say goodbye to an old faithful friend

Not great to follow bad news but me and my fiancee have finally got ourselves a dog, had been holding off but weve now settled into our house and have a plan for it during the day when we're at work...

IMG-20190501-WA0000.thumb.jpg.04a2f436b63cacf4e6506c2cb2b40ad1.jpg

FB_IMG_1556737228406.thumb.jpg.0a915de5221b106fa11bd41cb9e6e1df.jpg

6 month old rough haired sausage dog, which is crossed with something else but the charity arent sure what.

Collect him at the end of the month, but cant a name to agree on. A Spanish rescue dog.

Edited by RandomGuy.

He fell down the stairs at the house last night. Back legs have went completely. Going to say our goodbyes tonight. I'm fucking heartbroken.
Sorry to hear that Philpy. My partner's folks said goodbye to their dog a few months ago for much the same reasons. It is heartbreaking.

Not great to follow bad news but me and my fiancee have finally got ourselves a dog, had been holding off but weve now settled into our house and have a plan for it during the day when we're at work...
6 month old rough haired sausage dog, which is crossed with something else but the charity arent sure what.
Collect him at the end of the month, but cant a name to agree on. A Spanish rescue dog.
He's a beauty! Sausage dogs are great, wee scrappers but intelligent and playful.

7 hours ago, philpy said:

Sorry I forgot to attach the pic from a previous post. Sister in law's dug, aged 11. Riddled with arthritis.IMG_20190302_172712.jpg

A very handsome boy, hope all his family are as well as can be.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

If he bites strangers, call him Suarez.

I'm still struggling. We then found out earlier that one of our neighbours further down the street lost his black lab to cancer today. Diesel, was only 3, and he was the reason his owner got up early. He was a fine dog, but he went downhill the last few weeks. We had been prepared for it, but not so soon.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Juan Sheet.

8 hours ago, philpy said:

My dog did that 1 night.

She was sniffing around the landing as I was going to bed and then I just heard her rolling down the stairs.

She couldn't get up at the bottom and kept trying on the laminate flooring.

Lifted her upstairs and lay her on her bed. Stayed with her for a while before I eventually fell asleep. Woke up at around 5AM to her wandering around as if nothing had happened.

She was never really the same after that and a few months later she gave up. Wouldn't eat or drink and I knew it was time.

Absolutely horrible going round to the vet and knowing she won't be coming back home with us.

Miss her every day.

Sorry for your loss Philpy. 

20 minutes ago, philpy said:
1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

I'm still struggling. We then found out earlier that one of our neighbours further down the street lost his black lab to cancer today. Diesel, was only 3, and he was the reason his owner got up early. He was a fine dog, but he went downhill the last few weeks. We had been prepared for it, but not so soon.

We had something similar happen with my first dog. She developed a blood-vessel tumor in her neck and we decided to go ahead and get her the op to have it debulked to buy her a bit more time. The vet said debulking treatment might get her a few more months or even a year but it grew back in less than a fortnight. :(