SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

My dog passed away a year ago and I miss Astra so much. We've picked her up on the street and she was a loyal friend to our family for almost eight years... When I and my father saw her at first she was a little helpless puppy, totally exhausted with fleas. It took a lot of time to get rid of fleas and bites to return her into a normal life. I was thinking about adopting another dog but I have a feeling that nothing will replace me Astra.

48 minutes ago, DirtyLM said:

My dog passed away a year ago and I miss Astra so much. We've picked her up on the street and she was a loyal friend to our family for almost eight years... When I and my father saw her at first she was a little helpless puppy, totally exhausted with fleas. It took a lot of time to get rid of fleas and bites to return her into a normal life. I was thinking about adopting another dog but I have a feeling that nothing will replace me Astra.

You always remember the dogs you lose but please think about adopting another. Best thing I did was get another Grey after our other passed, sort of a continuation if ye like.

There's a lot of beautiful hounds stuck in animal shelters.

Was it a pyometra Keira had? A friend of ours lost their old girl to the same thing, horrible disease. [emoji20]
That's exactly what she had, apparently its the equivalent to an adult humans appendix bursting. Horrible.
13 years is a decent set of innings.  You gave your dog a good life,  that’s all we really can do.  I miss my last one that died, but I remember him with fondness.  I’m sure you’ll be the same.
Yep, the original "wean" in our wee family. The vet actually said "she's quite fat eh" I just looked at her and said, see if you loved eating steak and hated exercise, im sure you'd be tubby as well.
Bad ownership or not, Keira absolutely hated going out for a slash in the rain never mind a walk roundd the block, and hated even getting the lead out the cupboard, so if she didn't want to go, then I sure as hell wasn't making her, much preferring to lie sprawled across my chest snoring. Last night was hard, every Saturday night after the takeaway it was chill out on the couch time. [emoji17]

59 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Similarly, it’s obviously been a tough weekend for the Mad Beast Alliance who are snoozing like f**k while I get some work done:
IMG_9001.jpg

You are better off sticking to posting on the canine front Stew :).

22 hours ago, The Elephant & Castle said:

You always remember the dogs you lose but please think about adopting another. Best thing I did was get another Grey after our other passed, sort of a continuation if ye like.

There's a lot of beautiful hounds stuck in animal shelters.

I was saying to my partner the other week that you'll always find something to love about any dog (unless it's a chihuahua). 

My first dog was a 12yo mongrel that we got from the Dogs Trust. She bonded with us pretty much immediately and was always perfectly behaved. When she had to be put down with a blood vessel tumor we were left with Jake who was pining away so we had  to look into taking on another dog sooner than we wanted. Went to the SSPCA and the dog he liked the best was another mongrel that was 4yo and had clearly never been trained. She was reactive, impulsive, destructive and had to be walked early morning or late at night for the safety of the general public. Even a year after we got her I was pondering asking the rescue to take her back. We'd been to a few different training classes and paid through the nose for them but she couldn't even be let off her lead as shed just bolt. Comparing her to my old girl was like comparing chalk and cheese.

Eventually we found a good behaviourist who was able to help us with her and now she's pretty reliable outdoors. Wouldn't be without her now but she's still totally different in both looks and personality to our first girl.

If anyone in the room farted or burped she'd actually get up and leave the room. :lol:

I was saying to my partner the other week that you'll always find something to love about any dog (unless it's a chihuahua). 
My first dog was a 12yo mongrel that we got from the Dogs Trust. She bonded with us pretty much immediately and was always perfectly behaved. When she had to be put down with a blood vessel tumor we were left with Jake who was pining away so we had  to look into taking on another dog sooner than we wanted. Went to the SSPCA and the dog he liked the best was another mongrel that was 4yo and had clearly never been trained. She was reactive, impulsive, destructive and had to be walked early morning or late at night for the safety of the general public. Even a year after we got her I was pondering asking the rescue to take her back. We'd been to a few different training classes and paid through the nose for them but she couldn't even be let off her lead as shed just bolt. Comparing her to my old girl was like comparing chalk and cheese.
Eventually we found a good behaviourist who was able to help us with her and now she's pretty reliable outdoors. Wouldn't be without her now but she's still totally different in both looks and personality to our first girl.
If anyone in the room farted or burped she'd actually get up and leave the room. [emoji38]
Oi my wee chihuahua is a brilliant wee dog!!!! Lol

12 hours ago, quickoverayard said:
On 08/04/2019 at 11:10, Rizzo said:
If anyone in the room farted or burped she'd actually get up and leave the room. emoji38.png

Oi my wee chihuahua is a brilliant wee dog!!!! Lol

My only dealing with the breed was when a friend (now ex-friend) got two. Both of them turned out to be irritating little shits although that probably had something to do with the fact they were treated like babies. I've a video somewhere of the pair of them trying and failing miserably to interact with our two dogs.

18 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

My only dealing with the breed was when a friend (now ex-friend) got two. Both of them turned out to be irritating little shits although that probably had something to do with the fact they were treated like babies. I've a video somewhere of the pair of them trying and failing miserably to interact with our two dogs.

Renton is really well-natured but when wee dogs get aggressive with him or in his face too much you see him wanting to bite them in half but shows a bit of restraint. However, if they've got a coat or harness on he'll pick them up by it his teeth and launch them. 

32 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Renton is really well-natured but when wee dogs get aggressive with him or in his face too much you see him wanting to bite them in half but shows a bit of restraint. However, if they've got a coat or harness on he'll pick them up by it his teeth and launch them.

:lol: 100% would pay to see.

In the video I'm thinking of my partner was throwing a ball for Jake who liked a game of fetch. Skye was trolling him a bit by running after him and making him think she wanted the ball. When Jake returned with the ball and with Skye in tow the pair of crotch-sniffers just stood there and yapped at them. That was them "playing" apparently. When their owners visited us the two of them would jump onto our sofas and snarl at our two if they did the same. One of them was sort of tolerant of other dogs but the other was a snappy wee shitebag. The only time I have ever seen any aggression from Jake was aimed at this little monster.

I've got a great photo somewhere of the feral one snarling at Skye who is clearly giving it a "f**k you going to do about it tiny?" look.

I know what you mean mate, she's been brought up around boxers so she's developed a lot of the characteristics of a boxer...... she's nuts. Id never buy another one, the mrs bought it.