SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

18 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

An update on my former dog from his new owner. He always looks noble but he certainly does try!
IMG_20180803_132516.jpg

Our collie-cross tends to go for the abused look rather than playing the part of a noble sheep guardian.

11807268_10153035465761439_6918789223520067296_o.jpg

4 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Collies always seem to look noble without trying.

Acksherly, she's an Australian Shepherd, which is similar to a Border. But like Rizzo's pup, most of the time when she sees my phone, she puts on her "Oh poor me, I'm so abused." expression. Faker.

Border Terriers are fantastic wee dogs.
Characters and full of heart. Just don't expect a great return on command when they lock onto another species like Rabbits.

10734201_990705134290086_3367266196208617518_n.jpg.635e95cfbe8fc220697a61f69799e8f7.jpg.9eacdaba0515cffb1579b5d39868ed8f.jpg

They sure are. Ollie’s not too bad for listening now. He’s 10 so eventually mellowed out, but he was a wee strong willed shite when he was younger. Really clever but his ears were painted on when it suited him [emoji23]

Him on his holiday in Poolewe...
IMG_1796.jpg

This is Fergie.  We are taking care of him now because his original owner can’t manage with her worsening osteoarthritis.  He’s a 9 month old Afghan Hound.  He’s been here a few days and is settling in well with our other 2 Afghans.

5DBE92E0-01CC-4750-AA68-37343CB31964.jpeg

Renton fractured a toe recently in a high speed incident and has been under the weather, barely eating and somehow sleeping even more than normal (astonishing how much these hounds sleep). Hopefully on the mend now with different medication and showing signs of being back to his lairy self (in the rare moments he’s not asleep).

26C49144-EE57-4F7D-9E67-46ADE0005B8F.jpeg

14 hours ago, parfecto said:

They sure are. Ollie’s not too bad for listening now. He’s 10 so eventually mellowed out, but he was a wee strong willed shite when he was younger. Really clever but his ears were painted on when it suited him emoji23.png

Him on his holiday in Poolewe...
IMG_1796.jpg

My dog is 11 now. The bitch is 6 year old.

Strange wee dugs. The dog (Jed) goes into the cupboard in the kitchen every night and lifts my Baffies and lays them at my chair through the living room.

I trip over them at every turn. Nosey wee gits.

21 minutes ago, olliethedug said:

She’s a whippet. As she gets bigger the brindle patches will stretch out and look a wee bit lighter.

She’s mental. Our last whippet didn’t have half the energy that she does.

They’re such good pets. Our is so easy to have around. Amazing to see him run when out for a walk and so docile at home except the odd mad spell.

She’s only 10 weeks. So I think she will calm down.

Some people you speak to think they need loads of walks and exercise. Which isn’t the case. A twenty minute walk/run and then they love nothing more than lying up on the couch for the rest of the day.

They are great pets and as you say, when they are running, they are amazing to watch.

Got wee Harry a couple months back and now 4/5 months old.

IMG_3897.jpg
Day we got him.

IMG_5045.jpg

Now.

Half lab/half collie.

Absolutely loves the cats we already had and slowly but surely staying calm enough to get near enough one of them without them getting licked in the face and running away.

IMG_4993.jpg

Spent the long weekend just over an hour north of the city at my in-law's place right on Lake Simcoe, our wee dog absolutely loves it there, next to no traffic and all sorts of wildlife to chase, birds, squirrels, cats, chipmunks and even a mink  were all seen off by Saint, once we got back to the city she spent the whole day sulking and looking on to our balcony just in case the mink came back. 

As we were steps away from the water and the humidity made it feel like 38 degrees, we did a lot of swimming, bought an inflatable in the hope that Saint could come in with us as shes not a swimmer. Works well for all of 30 seconds then a look of fear came over her wee face and she jumped onto my shoulders and got as high up as possible. She seemed to like the inflatable, just on dry land though

Pupper 2.jpg

Pupper 1.jpg

11 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I've just got a pair of Warren's about two weeks ago. They skulk about the garden an inch apart all day and haven't so much as laid an egg. Bit disappointed tbh

Ours didn't start laying until a month or so in. The original three we got were warrens and they'd lay massive eggs. We got two isla browns when one of the original three died and they laid more regularly but their eggs were a bit smaller.

* My hands are quite small but the eggs are still loads bigger than what you get in supermarkets.

WP_20171112_11_54_54_Pro.jpg