SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

I was saying this to people at my work the other day and they thought I was mental but hopefully some fellow dog lovers will agree.

If on a Saturday or a day off work I go out to the football or the pub etc and my dog follows me around when I get ready I always feel quite guilty for going out and leaving him in the house for a few hours - however when I go to work I don't really feel as bad as I don't have a choice.

I was thinking though - the dog doesn't really know this. So do you think the dog is just sitting all week thinking "what a c**t you are" and has no clue that you are going to work.

Also - I do feel slightly guilty going to work and then I think that I'm just going out to earn money all day to keep a roof over everyone's head (including his) and he is going to eat whatever food I've left for him and sleep on my bed all day. I bet he isn't feeling guilty about me going to work and him just lying there.

Anyone without a dog will be thinking I am a maniac.

I was always a cat person, hated dogs with a passion until I got my own.

Now I love them, mines is daft as f**k and one of the most loving pets I've ever seen.

Huskies are supposed to be dominant, stand off-ish, not affectionate, lie in a different room type dog.

This one is a daft Shitebag who loves nothing more than getting her blanket and lying on the sofa next to me.

post-49094-1455071336699_thumb.jpg

Love her to bits.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was saying this to people at my work the other day and they thought I was mental but hopefully some fellow dog lovers will agree.

If on a Saturday or a day off work I go out to the football or the pub etc and my dog follows me around when I get ready I always feel quite guilty for going out and leaving him in the house for a few hours - however when I go to work I don't really feel as bad as I don't have a choice.

I was thinking though - the dog doesn't really know this.  So do you think the dog is just sitting all week thinking "what a c**t you are" and has no clue that you are going to work.

Also - I do feel slightly guilty going to work and then I think that I'm just going out to earn money all day to keep a roof over everyone's head (including his) and he is going to eat whatever food I've left for him and sleep on my bed all day.  I bet he isn't feeling guilty about me going to work and him just lying there.

Anyone without a dog will be thinking I am a maniac.

My dog is usually giving it big zzzzs in my warm bed when I head to work.

I feel incredibly guilty at the weekend when I go to the game. It's a lot worse if it's a big away trip and I know I will be gone all day.

We got in a habit of going to the Helix at weekends during pre season. Since the season started she still seems to think we will be off to the Helix on a Saturday.

She sits at the top of the stairs looking at me as I head out.

:(

Family friends have always had a pair of cavaliers for as long as I can remember - a Blenheim and a tri-colour. We ended up looking after the two of them for six months and I loved every minute of it, apart from wiping up the obligatory puddle most mornings. The elder one was such an elegant old lady and would find a spot that she would protect to sit and keep an eye on everyone, while the younger one was mental! It's amazing how attached we all got over those few months. Nowadays though they've only got the one and again it's a head case, but a lovely wee dog. Would love one for our family but just not feasible really.

Looks like I'm taking the little one up to get a shearing this week. I'm buzzing.

post-27794-1461015320656_thumb.jpg

My dog is usually giving it big zzzzs in my warm bed when I head to work.

I feel incredibly guilty at the weekend when I go to the game. It's a lot worse if it's a big away trip and I know I will be gone all day.

We got in a habit of going to the Helix at weekends during pre season. Since the season started she still seems to think we will be off to the Helix on a Saturday.

She sits at the top of the stairs looking at me as I head out.

:(

Aye mine is the same.  I get out of bed and he just climbs into where I was.

As hard as it is walking out the door on your dogs sad face its always balanced by the chufftness of them when you get home.  We got our dog as a rescue/foster last January and then moved house in August so its only really the last few months that the dog has started to really wag his tail and feel comfortable and happy with us.  Thinking of getting a couple of puppies soon too because..............well its more dugs.

Would like to introduce P&B to our new addition to the family.

post-36861-14611841540093_thumb.jpg

Chocolate Lab Bella who we met for the first time tonight. 3 weeks old and due to come home on the 28th of May

All I need now is a Barbour jacket and a Land Rover

Edited by MuckleMoo

Would like to introduce P&B to our new addition to the family.

attachicon.gif1461184153504.jpg

Chocolate Lab Bella who we met for the first time tonight. 3 weeks old and due to come home on the 28th of May

All I need now is a Barbour jacket and a Land Rover

very cute. Awesome name! Lol