Ayrshire teams

gazza80

They were from Ayr, played at Rozelle from memory. They won the Scottish Cup I think around about the mid 1990's. I remember playing against them once and getting absolutely rag-dolled by Jimmy McMillan (ex Talbot) for 90 mins.

Edit - they won the Scottish in 1991/92 and 94/95.

Cracking parks down there IIRC. Played in the 2001 Scotland Cup down there, got to the final and lost 3-1 to Morton, a young Gordon "Guido" Lennon was playing, great player.

Played against Hurlford last year in the Scottish, 1-1 at half time, then they brought their better players on and scudded us 10-1, riddy for me being in goal !

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

I've asked this before here, and didn't get a reply but can anyone shed any light on what happened to Heathside AFC? When I played in the Ayrshire league around about 15 years ago they were always one of the best teams on and off the park.

I've asked this before here, and didn't get a reply but can anyone shed any light on what happened to Heathside AFC? When I played in the Ayrshire league around about 15 years ago they were always one of the best teams on and off the park.

I played for many years with Heathside and we were a great side. We lost one game in season 91- 92 in the west to bannock burn and won every cup including the Scottish at hampden. They folded around ten years ago maybe more.

Where were they from? I've never heard of them.

they were from Ayr and the only team from Ayr to win the amateur cup twice in 92 and 95 and the west in 94. I played for them. They folded around 2002 or thereabouts.

hurlford will go down quicker than a burst ballon when the cash is taken out.they will not keep there 20 committe,,and the local looney could run there team. a lot of money spent to win a amatuer football medal..they not only have taken the pi*s they have taken the fun out of ayrshire football.and are so far up there own asses they dont see the harm they are doing.......

in the papers.about the hurlford player hitting mark orr with a bottle.will they pick up on them paying players to. hope so...did not beleive it but its in the sunday mail...i hope coville use this when they get them in the final

they must have a good team spirit down there.or just win at any cost..they cant think much of there coach they have had for 5 years...if the stories are true coming up from ayrshire will this be sorted out come on S.A.F.A. stand up and be counted

• 2 weeks later...

how can they use that in the final they gonna run around with a Sunday mail asking is that you

hurlford are a class act within our league n I don't care who u support if It was your team you wouldn't b moaning about it

we all look forward to playing against them because you know your playing class players

Jm588 haha u think the safa president is his grandfather because they have the same surname?? Clearly ur a clever yin haha

I now know he is not, jumping the gun on my part!

Well,maybe not.....

Ayrshire Presents Honorary Life Membership to Hugh KnappThe Ayrshire Amateur Football Association - League News
Ayrshire Presents Honorary Life Membership to Hugh Knapp
The Association has awarded Honorary Life Membership to the Scottish Amateur F.A.'s National Secretary, Hugh Knapp.
Hugh, the first recipient of the award, has served as SAFA National Secretary for the best part of 20 years. It is also significant that Hugh is Ayrshire born and bred. He was born in Hurlford, attended school in Hurlford and Kilmarnock and served his engineering apprencticeship at the old Glenfield works in Kilmarnock.

8)

Archived