Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

I've stayed in the hotel across from that pub before. Right on the Clyde. Maybe the pilot was aiming for a crash landing on the river but fell short.

Same here - stayed there for the Spartak match. Had drinks in The Scotia and did not see any helicopters, thankfully. :)

I doubt the rotors would have inflicted much damage - the main rotor would most probably be driven by a free power turbine so the rotors aren't 'fixed' directly to the engines - they should come to a stop reasonably quickly during a collision !

Yeah Gordon Smart just confirmed the rotors weren't spinning. On a side note, the woman interviewing him is a fud.

Not to sound selfish but I'm not having much luck keeping promises to my girlfriend.

Dragged her to an hour and a half of Kraftwerk during the summer when Mumford and Sons were on. Said I'd buy her tickets to see them next time they were here. They went on hiatus pretty soon after.

She's always asking to go to this place as well. Said to her last week I'd take her next time we were down in Glasgow.

Looks like it went through the roof, would be surprised if there isn't any fatalities in the pub.

Hope I'm wrong. Why would it not explode?

Has this been a lucky escape in some respects?

Yeah Gordon Smart just confirmed the rotors weren't spinning. On a side note, the woman interviewing him is a fud.

Aye, she was interviewing a woman via mobile, 'Is it clear that a helicopter crashed?' just as a photo of a crashed police chopper on the roof appeared.

Looks like it went through the roof, would be surprised if there isn't any fatalities in the pub.

Hope I'm wrong. Why would it not explode?

Has this been a lucky escape in some respects?

I'd be amazed if everyone gets out of that alive.

Can't see it unfortunately.