Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Yeah google street viewed it there and know the place. Pretty sure its a staunch Rangers pub

You're maybe thinking of Annie Miller's which is up one of the lanes parallel to that street. The Clutha's kind of an old guy's pub during the day, and mostly has folk or blues type bands playing at night - don't think it's a football place at all.

Edited by Hillonearth

You're maybe thinking of Annie Miller's which is up one of the lanes perpendicular to that street. The Clutha's kind of an old guy's pub during the day, and mostly has folk or blues type bands playing at night - don't think it's a football place at all.

Yeah think I'm confusing it with that then - i used to live in gorbals, I'm pretty sure i went in the clutha once or twice. My regular pub was sharkies across the water

There's no point in trolling them. If you do you're just playing right in to their hands. Ignoring them is the best course of action.

As you say just the reaction they would want. Probably just reacting to the high level of support and sympathy sent from North America partly due to it being their main news story.

I guess it's hard to be at this stage. The building looks pretty unstable, and I'd imagine it'll be carnage inside. If nothing else with the helicopter still stuck in the roof they have to be very selective about how they go about getting folk out, risk of it caving in further etc

Why are folk telling us they're going to give blood?

Do you tell folk everytime you donate to charity?

This from blood scotland

"Blood stocks adequate at this time

30 November 2013

In light of the major incident in Glasgow last night, please be assured that blood stocks are adequate at this time.

Should we need donors to come forward to replenish stocks, we wil let you know.

Thank you."

People obviously wanting to be heroes. :unsure:

Edited by Romeo

Surely it isn't very Glaswegian for Glaswegians to write hysterical stuff about how Glaswegians are such heroes for doing what any normal person would do anywhere in the world? Some of the stuff on social media is ridiculous. Yes it was a bad accident and it's a shame but let's not get carried away.

This from blood scotland

"Blood stocks adequate at this time

30 November 2013

In light of the major incident in Glasgow last night, please be assured that blood stocks are adequate at this time.

Should we need donors to come forward to replenish stocks, we wil let you know.

Thank you."

People obviously wanting to be heroes. :unsure:

I was planning on going but now I think I'll wait for the time being. It'll be incredibly busy this morning I would imagine. I don't know how many staff/places will actually be available to cope with it.

People just want to help. It stops them feeling a bit useless.

Bit harsh saying folk want to be heroes by giving blood. They don't give out medals at the blood transfusion service iirc, all I got was a chocolate bourbon and a cup of orange kioara.