MJ - The story so far!

Big onus on the fans to now put their money where their mouth is if this comes off. Folk like my dad who hate MJ and swore never to go back with him there. Hopefully a lot of lapsed fans prepared to support a debt free Killie run properly.

Debt free Aye but it'll need change at top to reverse dropping crowds.

MJ will still be there, depends how much influence he has.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that mean they do or don't?

F**k knows what happened with my overuse of the word "don't". :unsure:

Anyway, as far as I am aware, we do not have an overdraft facility.

I'm sure we've had director loans to tide us over at certain points in the past few seasons.

For every negative, there's a positive with this deal.

Most would agree that swapping the hotel in return for losing the debt would be a good deal. It would give us a far stronger position to negotiate the sale of our young players from, and that could be worth its weight in gold when you look at some of the talent coming through at the moment. If a club in the summer wants to take Slater e.g., then we could demand far more for his signature than we would have previously been able to, and that would easily "see us through" the summer months.

Whether Bowie will run the club well is up for debate, but he's built a very successful business for himself over the years, and certainly has a better chance of running us well than some.

A wee double header, home & away against Ayr during the summer for the Ayrshire cup would bring in some close-season revenue.

Do you not have that listed as an asset? and refuse to play for it on that basis :lol:

For people not aware here is Baz take on today events!

We had two people at the Rugby Road end and I was at the Dundonald Road end with Sandy also having a bucket at his feet. I gave the policeman the documentation who called it in and he told us all was in order. Five minutes later he asked to see the documentation again and walked away with it talking into his radio. He then came back and asked me if we had a problem with the chairman, I told him no, everything should be in order although I'd heard he might have a problem with us...I honestly thought he was just having a laugh.

The policeman then said that he had been asked to move us away from Dundonald Place as the documentation said "The Entrances to Rugby Park at Dundonald Road and Rugby Road". I pointed out that Dundonald Place does not belong to the club and we weren't on their ground, but he shrugged his shoulders and advised me to move to the end of the street to save any trouble. I didn't give him hassle, he was only doing his job. He also offered to keep an eye on the second bucket that Sandy had been looking after...that's why it was sitting alone beside him while I was on the other corner, apologies for that, we didn't have much choice.

I have to say that I'm pretty much disgusted with the way that played out today, but that was tempered by the support shown by the passing Killie fans who, as expected, were generous to a fault. Let's not focus on the negative. Some actually went into the ground to get change and then came back out again...it was heartwarming...which is a good job cos I forgot my gloves and it was Baltic! As part of the process we have to get someone independent to crack open the buckets and count the money so we'll do that during the week and let you know how much we raised. Proud of you all. thumbsup.gif

Is it the case that those running this hadn't applied for permission to sell on Rugby Park grounds in the correct timeframe?

Not at all, since the club refused permission to do the collection on Rugby Park grounds, we applied to the local council for a street collection license. The local council and police were extremely helpful in getting the authorisation done in time. The people/person responsible for trying to stop this are low-lifes and so are those that defend this kind of behaviour. This was a collection for a kilmarnock-supporting child to get vital surgery in the USA. How contemptable is it that someone would ask the police to prevent a collection for such a cause.

Archived