MJ - The story so far!

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This man saved our club.

Partly correct. He put into place a plan that has seen the long-term future of our club secured. However, he has also presided over one of the most tumultuous periods in our clubs modern history in terms of fan apathy, and may very well have lost us fans that will never come back.

I genuinely believe that in the future, MJ will be viewed differently by many once a lot of the immediate hurt (from things such as the Rangers fiasco etc) has waned.

• 5 months later...

MJ is only offering the team £20k between them if we stay up.

It is shocking.

These players are handsomely paid to do what they do, so why should they receive a bonus for finishing below what they are capable of? The article has no mention of what the bonus payments are for finishing 9th, 8th, 7th etc, which I imagine will be much higher. It seems that MJ doesn't class finishing 10th as any sort of achievement, and rightly so.

I'm afraid it's as simple as this - play better football and earn more money, whether that be at Kilmarnock or a bigger club. They signed for Killie knowing our financial structure and our position in the game, so f**k 'em.

Unless the players have signed for a lower basic wage on the basis of being promised a good wedge if they get results, I see no reason for them to complain. They are paid to play football games and win them. A bonus is exactly what it is, a bonus.

Not in Keith's or the Daily Rebels eyes it isn't

I see that no " senior " player had the guts to put their name to this piece of shit

Keith Jackson's a fucking bell and the Daily Record is a spunk rag. If the players want more money they can f**k off to another club. They should get nowt for the dog shit they served up last season and a low bonus for mediocrity is perfectly justifiable. Bollocks to rewarding them for being shite.

These players are handsomely paid to do what they do, so why should they receive a bonus for finishing below what they are capable of? The article has no mention of what the bonus payments are for finishing 9th, 8th, 7th etc, which I imagine will be much higher. It seems that MJ doesn't class finishing 10th as any sort of achievement, and rightly so.

I'm afraid it's as simple as this - play better football and earn more money, whether that be at Kilmarnock or a bigger club. They signed for Killie knowing our financial structure and our position in the game, so f**k 'em.

Not all of them. There are players in our first team who are only £300-400 P/W.

However you paint the story, it's not a good news story and something we could do without.

I'm pretty sure we had a similar story after we won the cup.

As for finishing 9th, 8th, 7th etc. I think it's a flat bonus for staying up, no rising scale.

I do agree that the players were lucky to get any bonus last year, as they were honking for long spells. They should have reinbursed every fan that went to Tynecastle 3 games before the end of the season for a massive game, only to see them throw in the towel.

Archived