MJ - The story so far!

Just read on Killiefc.com that the club has refused a bucket collection at the Hearts game for a young Killie fan that needs to raise money for orthopaedic surgery to help him walk.

Unbelievable

Think its possibly because it's a trust run venture as far as i know. Poor show in any case.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The usual friend of a friend etc. who knows MJ. Source not known for bullshitting. Fingers crossed. LBG want out of football full stop. They also don't want the negative publicity of pulling down a club that is not actually insolvent (like Rangers, Dunfermline, Hearts etc. were). My understanding is that Killie are meeting their obligations in terms of debt servicing but there's never a hope in hell of paying it down unless Gareth Bale starts on the crack and signs for us on a four year deal for us to then sell on. The banks have to maintain the same capital as the loan in case of default and they probably think that could be put to better use elsewhere.

Here's hoping!

Deal will see Bowie get hotel and us having no bank debt. Also no overdraft facilty etc, so will need to run extremely tight ship with no hotel income during summer months/Xmas etc when there's no games/call offs.

My understanding new bank will be credit only facility.

I'd expect announcement W/C 17 March.

Deal will see Bowie get hotel and us having no bank debt. Also no overdraft facilty etc, so will need to run extremely tight ship with no hotel income during summer months/Xmas etc when there's no games/call offs.

My understanding new bank will be credit only facility.

I'd expect announcement W/C 17 March.

Can see this being a good deal but the club will need to be run very well if there are no overdraft facilities.

What do other clubs do during summer etc? Do they rely heavily on bank overdrafts?

Can see this being a good deal but the club will need to be run very well if there are no overdraft facilities.

What do other clubs do during summer etc? Do they rely heavily on bank overdrafts?

Season ticket sales, shirt sales etc.

It of course means that Bowie will have to change our current plans for new strips (i.e. have them ready and available for late-June time).

Season ticket sales, shirt sales etc.

It of course means that Bowie will have to change our current plans for new strips (i.e. have them ready and available for late-June time).

I think (could be wrong) but Motherwell only SPL club with no overdraft facility.

If this all hinges on the club being run well then we are well and truly Donald Ducked. All the fans will not come back if Johnston is still lingering like a bad smell in the background waiting to cash in at some point on the back of fans putting money in. Season ticket money etc. is not enough to keep us going, for the last six years Johnston himself has said on many occasions that the only thing keeping us going was the cash flow (not profit) from the hotel. He's pissed off too many local sponsors to get them back involved, where is the cash flow going to come from? It's great having no mortgage, but if your house is in disrepair and you have no one to bail you out then you are snookered. This is exactly the kind of stunt that Masterton tried to pull at Dunfermline and nearly got away with it. Hiving off assets into separate companies and shady financial deals that will ultimately come back and bite the club in the arse. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

A wee double header, home & away against Ayr during the summer for the Ayrshire cup would bring in some close-season revenue.

That's a fixture that should be played every year - at least until they get their act together sufficiently to make regular derbies a realistic expectation.

During the summer when the players are away or out of contract? The Ayrshire Cup is done, you can't say its finished and then keep bringing it back out until the team you support wins it. It was decided before the final match was played that the winner would keep it, and as the team who'd won it most did that, then all's well that ends well. We may have derby games back soon enough if things don't start to improve on and off the park. A four team round robin pre-season tournament is the way to go.

If this all hinges on the club being run well then we are well and truly Donald Ducked. All the fans will not come back if Johnston is still lingering like a bad smell in the background waiting to cash in at some point on the back of fans putting money in. Season ticket money etc. is not enough to keep us going, for the last six years Johnston himself has said on many occasions that the only thing keeping us going was the cash flow (not profit) from the hotel. He's pissed off too many local sponsors to get them back involved, where is the cash flow going to come from? It's great having no mortgage, but if your house is in disrepair and you have no one to bail you out then you are snookered. This is exactly the kind of stunt that Masterton tried to pull at Dunfermline and nearly got away with it. Hiving off assets into separate companies and shady financial deals that will ultimately come back and bite the club in the arse. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Just about sums it up for me Tastie, Am so sick of it all now that fight in me has all but gone. Right now i don't know if i/it will ever be the same, as i've lost too many long time friends through all of this crap, sad times i know, but my life will go on without Killie maybe not the same way but i will survive.

A wee double header, home & away against Ayr during the summer for the Ayrshire cup would bring in some close-season revenue.

Would it? I'm not so sure.

The last Ayrshire derby friendly was Garry Hay's testimonial in which only 3774 people turned up - and that was to celebrate the career of a firm club favourite.

If you're looking at pre-season friendlies, then the match before that (23/07/05) attracted only 3885 punters. The season before that at Somerset had only 3100 paying customers.

We'll never play for the Ayrshire Cup again, and there is no evidence to suggest that a standard pre-season friendly/tournament can attract any substantial audience. Certainly not enough to make up the Hotel shortfall. We'd be far better off trying to attract a few decent sized Premiership clubs like Spurs/Newcastle/Everton etc and market it to the EPL Fanboys in the local area.

Archived