MJ - The story so far!

That would be good!

If you want to pm me your question that were unanswered i will try and get you a reply asap. hope that helps if not we will let it lie and move on.

I said the same to Baz, and I hope to be able to help in any way I can to secure the future of the club we all love.

As for the Macklin stuff, I asked her twice, and twice she fobbed me off. She isn't in the running to take over our club in the near future, so I don't see the point in continuing to bad mouth her. In hindsight, my post earlier shouldn't have included that dig, so I'll remove that now.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If as it seems, that the 'breakdown' is because of MJ having agreed a deal with the bank, then this can only be good news.

MJ agrees deal to pay off the bank - Killie become 'debt free'. Then, this consortium can use their money to invest in our future, rather than pay off the historical debt. Win win?

If as it seems, that the 'breakdown' is because of MJ having agreed a deal with the bank, then this can only be good news.

MJ agrees deal to pay off the bank - Killie become 'debt free'. Then, this consortium can use their money to invest in our future, rather than pay off the historical debt. Win win?

Not sure about that, we will find out soon enough but i would be pleasantly surprised if your thoughts on this come true, but suspicious side of me says we can't trust tricky!

Not sure about that, we will find out soon enough but i would be pleasantly surprised if your thoughts on this come true, but suspicious side of me says we can't trust tricky!

There is a part of me that thinks this whole bank deal is too good to be true, although being an eternal optimist ( ;)) I'm willing to remain positive.

If this bank deal means we lose the Park Hotel (to Bowie or elsewhere) then I'm willing to accept that. We took a bit of a punt on the hotel when he had a hotelier on the board, but it's fair to say that we haven't ran the hotel to the best of its capabilities in recent years. Losing the hotel and as a result becoming debt free? Sign me up.

Heard that a deal has been reached with the bank. Not sure if that means we have had to sell the hotel to pay the lump sum bank wanted or not.

If rumours of an EGM are true we should find out in next week or so.

I'd agree.

However, what do you think MJ will then do- leave the club for free? He's sitting in charge of a debt free Premiership club. He'll be after millions!!

If that does happen, then he has every right to sit on it, and we would then be worth millions. Anyone taking over the club (Killie fans or not) wouldn't be able to ride in to save the day any longer, they'd be buying a Scottish club that is debt free and would as a result have to pay the going rate.

If that does happen, then he has every right to sit on it, and we would then be worth millions. Anyone taking over the club (Killie fans or not) wouldn't be able to ride in to save the day any longer, they'd be buying a Scottish club that is debt free and would as a result have to pay the going rate.

Agreed that the club would be worth a decent whack again but potential business men investing would still be put off by the fact that they will need to stump up millions to control the same stake as a man who paid £1. I wouldn't say MJ deserves a payoff for reducing the debt, he's had his 60k plus a year out the club plus perks.

What I would say though is we would be in a position of power when it comes to transfers and could ask for higher fees for our best youngsters rather than selling them for a pittance.

Agreed that the club would be worth a decent whack again but potential business men investing would still be put off by the fact that they will need to stump up millions to control the same stake as a man who paid £1. I wouldn't say MJ deserves a payoff for reducing the debt, he's had his 60k plus a year out the club plus perks.

What I would say though is we would be in a position of power when it comes to transfers and could ask for higher fees for our best youngsters rather than selling them for a pittance.

That second part will be a massive factor. Unlike other Scottish clubs, we have a good history of producing talented youngsters. And with more investment in our youth set-up (another thing possible with no debt) it's plausible to suggest we'll be able to produce even more in the future. If we can then demand more money for these players, then that surely would make the money paid to MJ back.

I'm not sure that MJ only paying £1 for the shares would put businessmen off though. Companies regularly purchase subsidiaries that may have been start-ups or been grown by good ownership.

To be completely honest, I'm disappointed that the consortium has pulled out of talks with Johnston and Bowie. I know one of the consortium personally, and he would only ever have the best interests of Kilmarnock Football Club at heart.

What I think is interesting here, is the lack of a real condemnation in the statement that was released. I understand that the lack of any real comment prior to this was down to the confidentiality clauses, but now that has been lifted, I'd have expected a few more 'home-truths' to have been revealed. This suggests one of two things to me. Either there's something that the consortium don't want us to find out; or more likely, they are biding their time and this isn't the end of their interest. Are they hoping that this news triggers further protests, and as such makes MJ more likely to re-open negotiations? I believe so. If they released more dirt from the talks, then MJ could easily refuse to re-enter by saying that they broke the confidentiality clause first time round.

I still have hope that we'll see this consortium (or a fractured version of it) gaining a stake in the club by the summer.

Clauses still in place.

From what I've heard, deal with bank is done. Deal with new lender being agreed and Bowie getting hotel.

Great news if true. My biggest fears about this are 1) a club maintaining a 18000 seater stadium with 4000 gates and no other cash flow. 2) We may have no debt but new credit agreement would more than likely involve little or no ovredraft for lean months 3) my biggest fear isMJ selling a debt free club to a Massone character.

I have no problem with MJ getting pay off if he succeeds in getting us debt free, however he NEEDS to expand board, talk to fans/supporters groups and take a less public role at the club for the club to prosper.

Like him or loathe him, his time as chairman must come to an end for the club to get back to normality.

Anyway, I'm off to Hamburg, see ye's Monday!

From what I've heard, deal with bank is done. Deal with new lender being agreed and Bowie getting hotel.

Great news if true. My biggest fears about this are 1) a club maintaining a 18000 seater stadium with 4000 gates and no other cash flow. 2) We may have no debt but new credit agreement would more than likely involve little or no ovredraft for lean months 3) my biggest fear isMJ selling a debt free club to a Massone character.

I have no problem with MJ getting pay off if he succeeds in getting us debt free, however he NEEDS to expand board, talk to fans/supporters groups and take a less public role at the club for the club to prosper.

Like him or loathe him, his time as chairman must come to an end for the club to get back to normality.

Anyway, I'm off to Hamburg, see ye's Monday!

I'd guess that not having an overdraft to pay up, would then allow for us to maintain an even footing financially?

Archived