MJ - The story so far!

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club will likely change hands before the end of the next season and most importantly everyone associated with the club will be able to concentrate on football thereafter.

Everything at the club will be resolved by the end of the 2014/2015 season regardless, with regards to the clubs financial position/ownership. The wounds inflicted within the support by itself will take more time to resolve.

Interesting first post and a lot of interesting points made.

I am particularly interested in the above comments and wonder on what basis they are made.

I agree change will happen but wonder why you say it will be by the end of next season? How do you know this to be the case?

If we are relegated this year there is a good chance the siituation will deteriorate further.

Serious issues being discussed seriously by a few, but also a few right tools in either side doing themselves or their respective "sides" no good, more worryingly what division are we going to be in at the time of resolution? That could be the forcing card in this sorry debacle

QLP - what do you mean anti-MJ balls? Must have missed this at the time.

At the start of the season Baz and Hippo were on .com discussing their latest masterplan - to send yellow balls with "MJ out" printed on them to journalists, MP's and all Scottish clubs in order to highlight our displeasure with MJ.

It turns out that Marie Macklin, who claims that she had no say in the anti-MJ campaign, funded this exercise.

At the start of the season Baz and Hippo were on .com discussing their latest masterplan - to send yellow balls with "MJ out" printed on them to journalists, MP's and all Scottish clubs in order to highlight our displeasure with MJ.

It turns out that Marie Macklin, who claims that she had no say in the anti-MJ campaign, funded this exercise.

:rolleyes::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just read that the Killie Trust are running a survey to gauge the opinions of Killie fans. Fair enough I thought.

However, it turns out that this is only available online (the majority of Kilmarnock supporters don't use football forums/social media and wouldn't be aware of the survey), and that the plan of the trust is to have the results "independently verified" - by 'craigkillie'. The same person that has been unequivocal in his condemnation of MJ online and in print. Not only that, but the survey itself is heavily weighted to garner the response that the creators were looking for.

How are the public supposed to take the results of any poll seriously that has such a level of bias tied towards it? MJ is rightly berated in many quarters for bungling from one disaster to the next at times, but the people that want to take over from him are guilty of the same level of incompetence.

Just read that the Killie Trust are running a survey to gauge the opinions of Killie fans. Fair enough I thought.

However, it turns out that this is only available online (the majority of Kilmarnock supporters don't use football forums/social media and wouldn't be aware of the survey), and that the plan of the trust is to have the results "independently verified" - by 'craigkillie'. The same person that has been unequivocal in his condemnation of MJ online and in print. Not only that, but the survey itself is heavily weighted to garner the response that the creators were looking for.

How are the public supposed to take the results of any poll seriously that has such a level of bias tied towards it? MJ is rightly berated in many quarters for bungling from one disaster to the next at times, but the people that want to take over from him are guilty of the same level of incompetence.

absolute pish from you as per, you're like a stupit pain in the arse wee lassie stirring up trouble behind folks backs.

all because the trust called you out on your MJ like qualities.

the survey to me seems to be looking to gauge support of Community Ownership", if you are not in favour click yes for question 4.

"Are you satisfied with manner the club is presently operating?"

and then NO for 5 etc.

the trust don't actually stand over you with a shotgun to get the response they want but I guess they want to be sure they are doing the right thing, and this is a good guide they can do easily, I guess they could do a survey at a game too.

still, won't be long now till MJ's masterplan is revealed, as he promised at the end of this year.

Club Statement

K.F.C.S.A. Meeting: 10/10/13

I apologise for my absence from your meeting this evening, due to a prior engagement. I hope that you have a constructive discussion which results in a consensus to put aside recent acrimony and revert to the Association's sole objective of promoting the support of Kilmarnock Football Club.

I'm pleased to report that a further meeting took place yesterday at Rugby Park with Paul Goodwin of Supporters Direct. Billy Bowie and I reiterated to Paul our desire to promote community involvement in the new Board of Directors of the football club, which we intend to form following the implementation of our financial restructuring plan which we hope to conclude within the calendar year.

Our shared vision is to have an open and transparent process for the election of a Director by season ticket holders and another Director by shareholders holding under one thousand shares in the Club. East Ayrshire Council would be invited to nominate a Director and the Members of the Scottish and UK Parliaments representing Kilmarnock would be invited to join the Board.

We have invited Supporters Direct to investigate the creation of a working party which would embrace ALL supporters groups, along with local business leaders and politicians with a view to engaging in a constructive dialogue about the future of Kilmarnock Football Club and a careful consideration of good governance measures appropriate to our business model.

I'm delighted to report that Billy Bowie Special Projects Ltd has committed to investing a further £1m in the Club to assist in the financial restructuring project which I have been working on for over a year with the full support of Lloyds Banking Group.

Billy Bowie and I hope that this significant injection of capital will act as a catalyst for further investment by other local business leaders and result in a transformation of the Club's balance sheet.

Nothing on this scale has been seen at the Club since the Moffat family invested around £4.3m over several years and Billy deserves our unqualified gratitude for his generosity. He is confident, as am I, that the Club has a bright future if we all pull together.

Following the International break this weekend, we have a crucial home match on 19th October against Ross County. "Kids for a Quid" for under 16's in all stands combined with season ticket holders having the opportunity to bring a friend for £10 will hopefully increase the home support. There will be a special programme of pre-match entertainment behind the Moffat Stand from 1pm to attract families to arrive early. I hope everyone present tonight will be at Rugby Park to support the team.

Michael Johnston, Chairman.

absolute pish from you as per, you're like a stupit pain in the arse wee lassie stirring up trouble behind folks backs.

all because the trust called you out on your MJ like qualities.

the survey to me seems to be looking to gauge support of Community Ownership", if you are not in favour click yes for question 4.

"Are you satisfied with manner the club is presently operating?"

and then NO for 5 etc.

the trust don't actually stand over you with a shotgun to get the response they want but I guess they want to be sure they are doing the right thing, and this is a good guide they can do easily, I guess they could do a survey at a game too.

still, won't be long now till MJ's masterplan is revealed, as he promised at the end of this year.

Ah the irony of calling me "stupit" when you can't even spell the word correctly. You've clearly missed the point (again) in your desperate need to belittle anything I say.

The survey cannot be deemed fair when it doesn't cover a broad demographic of Kilmarnock supporters. Had the trust stood outside a home match and asked people to fill out the survey on their way into the game as well as doing it online, then the results would be fairer. In my personal opinion, the trust didn't take up this option as they know the majority using .com and the like will share the same opinion as the trust (a lot to do with the segregation on that website but we won't go into that again).

And, they claimed that the survey will be "independently verified", yet that verification will come from a Kilmarnock supporter that has made their feelings on this situation very clear in the past. To put it in another way, it would be like asking Peter Crouch to count the Strictly Come Dancing Final votes.

As for the last part on "MJs masterplan", I imagine that will be the talks with the bank.

Archived