MJ - The story so far!

I think it is good that the Chairman and Mr Bowie are holding meetings with the Killie fans. Obviously they will not meet with the few remaining M.M supporters but as they are ex fans that is the way democracy should be.

None of this has anything to do with Marie Macklin. Nor has it ever been. You are obsessed.

This is about the majority of Kilmarnock fans wanting Michael Johnson to step aside with a view to future community ownership.

I can think of nothing less democratic than the current dictatorship.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. Many are moaning because these guys weren't invited, when if you look at it reasonably, why should they be? I saw on .com the phrase "democratically elected" as if that makes these people spokesmen for the support at whole. The Trust and SA are just two big boys clubs, and like .com represent a small % of the support as a whole.

I don't think even MJ could possibly spin that to the bank. They're not stupid, and will know he's not very favourable with large swaithes of the support. Having spoken to plenty of people (none of whom are MJ's biggest fans) I established that if MJ manages to wipe the debt then they'd be willing to allow him to stay in charge for the time being. I think that is the thinking of many Killie fans.

Who is the "we" you speak of?

Sorry , i forgot you were a fan of mj. My apologies

I was banned from the other website as well, I did get about two dozen warnings and let back on six times before it became permanent though. I also have another account now, I'm a bit more subtle when on the wind up! I looked around plenty of other football forums during my sabatical and I can assure you every single one of them is the same in terms of having a smallish group of regular posters with in-jokes that are not really funny and people who would argue black was white. I don't know why anyone is complaining about not getting represented at the meeting, first of all they were at an AGM elsewhere in the hotel and secondly they had the guy Goodwin there who represents them. Don't think Coffey has done himself any favours though, his majority was low enough and getting directly involved with our club at this point is suicidal. MJ is a slimeball without a doubt but he does have the right idea going for debt reduction, its just a shame that the bank will never wear it because sadly the trolls are right that they'll only do that for community based clubs like they did with the Pars. Still think all the banks should just declare an amnesty and write off every club's debt, it wouldn't cost them that much and clubs are run far more austerely now.

None of this has anything to do with Marie Macklin. Nor has it ever been. You are obsessed.

This is about the majority of Kilmarnock fans wanting Michael Johnson to step aside with a view to future community ownership.

I can think of nothing less democratic than the current dictatorship.

It was a few ex fans who thought MM was serious about a bid for the club who inflated all this anti MJ senario. They were of course helped by the sacking of KS. Now they are not happy that they are being permanently sidelined.

And what about the clubs without massive debts, should they just go along with this idea ?

Yes ..........next question?

I was going to launch into a long winded diatribe about community destruction, job losses, loss of instituitions etc etc but in this selfish game we call football where one set of fans regularly laugh at the demise of anothers team ....I say dry yer eyes .

ipso de facto .......it will probably never happen :lol:

It was a few ex fans who thought MM was serious about a bid for the club who inflated all this anti MJ senario. They were of course helped by the sacking of KS. Now they are not happy that they are being permanently sidelined.

Why the constant trolling?!??

You are a grown woman for god sake. Grow up!

I was banned from the other website as well, I did get about two dozen warnings and let back on six times before it became permanent though. I also have another account now, I'm a bit more subtle when on the wind up! I looked around plenty of other football forums during my sabatical and I can assure you every single one of them is the same in terms of having a smallish group of regular posters with in-jokes that are not really funny and people who would argue black was white. I don't know why anyone is complaining about not getting represented at the meeting, first of all they were at an AGM elsewhere in the hotel and secondly they had the guy Goodwin there who represents them. Don't think Coffey has done himself any favours though, his majority was low enough and getting directly involved with our club at this point is suicidal. MJ is a slimeball without a doubt but he does have the right idea going for debt reduction, its just a shame that the bank will never wear it because sadly the trolls are right that they'll only do that for community based clubs like they did with the Pars. Still think all the banks should just declare an amnesty and write off every club's debt, it wouldn't cost them that much and clubs are run far more austerely now.

I will never understand the mind of an internet troll. :unsure:

Exactly. Many are moaning because these guys weren't invited, when if you look at it reasonably, why should they be? I saw on .com the phrase "democratically elected" as if that makes these people spokesmen for the support at whole. The Trust and SA are just two big boys clubs, and like .com represent a small % of the support as a whole.

KFCSA have roughly 1000 members, that's hardly a small percentage. I'm not sure what you're implying with the "big boys clubs" statement.

KFCSA have roughly 1000 members, that's hardly a small percentage. I'm not sure what you're implying with the "big boys clubs" statement.

You're being a bit cheeky with that figure. That number will include internet sign-ups, so how many people roughly attend meetings? 100/200?

I think I'm a member, but I signed up at a time when the SA was doing good for the club.

You're being a bit cheeky with that figure. That number will include internet sign-ups, so how many people roughly attend meetings? 100/200?

I think I'm a member, but I signed up at a time when the SA was doing good for the club.

You are unbelievable :thumsup2

First time poster, long time lurker and viewer.

I have registered and signed up to address and add my thoughts to this thread.

Right now at Kilmarnock FC we have a very intricate and complex situation. We have a chairman that has acted as a steward of the club and has tried his best to improve the situation in all respects to the clubs performance on and off the pitch. There is just now a protracted set of negotiations taking place whereupon two parties do not agree upon a valuation for Michael Johnson's shares and as such in the coming weeks/months pressure will be sought via various media formats from both sides in what has already became a bit of a propaganda war.

I would state, in my unbiased opinion, that we are at an impasse regarding these negotiations. The present chairman knows the market value for the shares depends very much upon factors that could change very quickly. At present, his detractors, assess these shares to be worth the value of £1 sterling. However, it is very much the case that the bank are in negotiations with the club to reduce/write off a lot of the debt and at the very least a more sensible long term restructuring of the debt could take place. This is not specific to Kilmarnock either, a lot of clubs are in a similar position with varying degrees of debt. One League Two club would have went out of business in the past week if a restructuring of its debts was not agreed upon recently. Now if this occurs, the present chairman would see his valuation of his shares increase markedly. Therefore, a 7 figure sum is potentially being sought for remuneration of these shares, irrespective of the value they were attained for.

A certain Mr Bowie recently promised investment in the club and has followed through with his promise. If he had not, one could speculate that wages of playing and non playing staff would not have been met. Be it a result of the "Not a penny more campaign" or the decline in revenues across the board in various areas, Kilmarnock's anticipated income has been reduced enough to severely impact upon its operation to the extent that Mr Bowie's injection and support was essential if not gratefully received. There are however strings attached and it is rumoured that the Hotel may well be acting as collateral to an extent for such investment. At this stage I would like to state that Mr Bowie is not the buffoon portrayed in the fans forums and is a genuine and successful businessman. I would not mistake his "guy next door" presentation of himself in the media to be a sign of weakness. This is a man that cynically and successfully operates a multimillion pound business. Any other negative interpretation of Mr Bowie is flawed in the extreme , as is the assumption that he does not know of all the factors surrounding the club at present. He simply may not be as convinced or as sympathetic to these causes or see merit in them.

With regards to the various slander/insinuation about Marie Macklin presented on this forum and others I will say only this. Marie Macklin's involvement in any venture is purely that of a benefactor and as a force for good. She is a successful business woman but also one that cares greatly about the community and wants to give something back on various levels. From regeneration of the town and restoring the prestige of the area. Helping the football club, as a focal point of the communities sporting ambitions, falls within that remit. There is nothing sinister in her involvement with the trust being gifted her shares and she has previously tried to attain the club but was put off acquiring the club through one parties "changing of the goalposts" to use a footballing term.

With regards to the trust and the KFCSA's relationship with the club it is clear as day it is a problem of personalities not organisations. The chairman of the club could be forgiven that both organisations leadership are in existence merely to facilitate his removal. This however is not the case. Both Barry and Sandy are good Killie fans with nothing but the club at heart. The amount of time and effort both have put into the club over the years is staggering and I very much doubt it will be matched ever again. Both want what is best for the club, ironically so does the club's chairman who realises a successful club is a better proposition in terms of attaining a higher fee for his shares.

I read a thread on Killiefc.com where it is inferred that whilst Barry and Sandy lead their organisations the chairman of the club will not deal with them. That is very much correct, to an extent but I should state this this will occur anyway with Paul Goodwin of Supporters Direct's involvement. The chairman of the club will have to deal with both if his plans for community 'involvement' not ownership are to occur. Either way, this is a distraction to the real issue at hand.

To summarise, basically the club is not at war with the fans. The club will likely change hands before the end of the next season and most importantly everyone associated with the club will be able to concentrate on football thereafter.

I find the arguing between fellow Killie fans on here and on the forums very distasteful. Although I appreciate that this is common with internet forums never mind football ones. I would ask fans to stop attacking each other and the respective chairmen of the club, trust and KFCSA as these gentlemen have families that read these forums and at times the level of language and "banter" is quite ridiculous.

Everything at the club will be resolved by the end of the 2014/2015 season regardless, with regards to the clubs financial position/ownership. The wounds inflicted within the support by itself will take more time to resolve.

I won't state Killie til I die, more Lets not let Killie die. Support the team. You can protest etc as well but make sure for those 90 minutes those players in that strip are 100% certain of your support and that your behind them all the way. The players here a lot more than you all give them credit for, be it abuse, cheers or songs. If you love the club, lift those representing them by being the best supporter you can.

I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read this post. You may not agree with many of the assumed statements and that is perfectly fine.

Regards

TheWeekThatWas

Hi marie- hiya pal

I am actually not involved with either side of the fence but care more about the footballing side of things. I am not one of the protagonists mentioned but I have had dealings outwith football with most.

I am a Killie fan, have zero agenda other than hoping I have a club still to support. That post is as ridiculous as the many I read upon Killiefc.com claiming that someone is Michael Johnson for not believing every single negative story put out.

The reality is there is no "goodies" or "baddies" just fans supporting their club, folk trying to secure its future and other folk haggling over its valuation.

Archived