Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

That’s a staggering statistic and actually quite thought provoking.

Would it lead to a presidential style term of office though which was one of the things driving Boris to try and cling on.  Public elected me, blah, blah, waffle, pish.  They didn’t elect you.  They elected their local MP.

9 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Correct. Quote a staggering statistic. Also a time where both current Tory and Labour policies are straight from. 

I suppose if you look at parliamentary terms John Major was voted in and out, but there's been nobody else.

34 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

I suppose if you look at parliamentary terms John Major was voted in and out, but there's been nobody else.

He wasn't though. Entered when Thatcher left, so not via a GE, although like Johnson and May, won election after taking office. I get what the point you are making is though. 

What's quote interesting is that each candidate are falling over themselves to be as Conservative as possible and for some, that means essentially lying to fellow conservatives about their true beliefs. They all bang on about tax cuts, yet are part of a government thst has continued to increase them. Mordant previously had a view on Trans that is more aligned to the general population, but has rolled back into line with the rest so as to appeal to the base.
Each time we have this mid term changing of the guard, we end up with candidates having to become more extreme.
Given we haven't had a PM who has taken up his/her role via a GE and left via a GE in 50 years, do we need a change in the rules/convension on changing PM? [emoji848] 
No rules need to be changed. Just get us out of this shit show and let them wallow in their undemocratic failed state.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Waitrose and Sainsbury are for Tories.

Morrisons and Asda are flying the red flag.

I've got to stop shopping at Sainsburys. 🤔

But given I also shop at Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, M&S, Coop and Keystore, does that not make me a floating voter?

• 5 months later...

image.png.56d615d5d0f42722c1a4972650194393.png

After everything that's happened in the last nine and a bit years, we are still sitting at roughly the same figures as the day of the vote. Remarkable, really.

I follow Britain Elects also and noticed this, I really do find it odd when other opinion polls over the last few months have had us anywhere from 52-56% Although I probably know more No voters than Yes, I find it staggering that No would be this high after the last 10 years.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

I follow Britain Elects also and noticed this, I really do find it odd when other opinion polls over the last few months have had us anywhere from 52-56% Although I probably know more No voters than Yes, I find it staggering that No would be this high after the last 10 years.

Get on with your life.

Its never going to happen.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Not really.  The idea that a bloke in Eyemouth (not Ayemouth) should have to cross an international border and pay in a different currency to go for his messages in Berwick is as unhinged in 2023 as it was in 2104. 

2 hours ago, Lex said:

image.png.56d615d5d0f42722c1a4972650194393.png

After everything that's happened in the last nine and a bit years, we are still sitting at roughly the same figures as the day of the vote. Remarkable, really.

This is bollocks, Survation is a right wing little englander type polling unit whose Chief Executive, Damien Lyons Lowe, used to work for Farage as a key advisor on Brexit etc, it's politics are along the lines of 'england created the world and the world is better off for it'.

Best ignored

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not really.  The idea that a bloke in Eyemouth (not Ayemouth) should have to cross an international border and pay in a different currency to go for his messages in Berwick is as unhinged in 2023 as it was in 2104. 

You mean like someone in Dundalk doing his shopping in Newry?

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sandy 'fingers in ears' Cromarty.

Not at all, just really knowing when I smell a shite pollster aiming to please the right wing media and the little englanders like yersel.

Are they still calling you Jock or Sweaty Sock and having a snigger at your Sweaty accent down in High Wycombe.

Edited by SandyCromarty