Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

On the plus side it looks like serious constitutional changes will be forced in to satisfy the English and Welsh because of the "Vow".

It's all a bit of a mess. I think I'll be giving up my interest in politics for a wee while. If only I had a decent football team to support.

Edited by Enigma

You can almost feel the 'more powers' sliding down the agenda...

That's the sad thing, if the Yes % is really low, there would be less need to get the more powers in quickly and would probably mean less been given.

That's the sad thing, if the Yes % is really low, there would be less need to get the more powers in quickly and would probably mean less been given.

I think a bit of talk in the next week or two, nothing more until some vague suggestions in May 2015 then once Labour are back mention of a working group to discuss suggestions of possible future powers... then well end up with 4% of income tax variation and speed limits in time for the next election after 2015.

Edited by Enigma

Some stunning odds now. 84/1. I have backed hoping for Dundee and Glasgow to declare and have it come in to see if I can double my stake.

No in a very strong position.

They won't declare until the death though: especially after the fire evacuation at Dundee.

They won't declare until the death though: especially after the fire evacuation at Dundee.

Aye I made a f**k up. Twenty quid down the pooper. Certainly not the most expensive mistake I have ever made.

No is the certainty of all certainties IMO. There'll be a lot of chatter on this subject in the next few weeks but the vote will only go one way.

It's a hard one to quantify exactly, unlike most sporting events you can bet on, but I genuinely believe that Yes is less than 2% likely and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it gets less than 45% of the vote. I have been known to be hopelessly wrong before of course, as have opinion polls immediately preceding elections.

The only thing I'm surprised about is that some people are surprised by how this appears to be going. :P The silent minority majority were never going to vote for financial uncertainty. The vocal pro-independence people just made it feel closer than it was ever going to be.

Edited by blue4578

The only thing I'm surprised about is that some people are surprised by how this appears to be going. :P The silent minority were never going to vote for financial uncertainty. The vocal pro-independence people just made it feel closer than it was ever going to be.

It was a combination of the cocoon effect of a football message board and Facebook shite along with a more vocal Yes minority.

Its easy to forget how tiny a group that is

Edited by H_B

It was a combination of the cocoon effect of a football message board and Facebook shite along with a more vocal Yes minority.

Its easy to forget how tiny a group that is

Indeed, I meant silent majority not minority of course. :) I don't recall ever being anywhere near as certain of winning a bet at odds of 4/9 as I was on this one.

Not being a heavy hitter i chose the Yes 45-50 at 7/2.

I was fooled a bit by the polls in that i thought it would be close-ish.

Might still win but must be odds against now.

I agree that the odds drift created fantastic value on No.